Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drone Rental in Ireland - Does it exist?

Options
  • 20-07-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I need a portable drone (Mavic Pro or Air would be perfect) for about a week, maybe two.
    Won't be flying much after that time, if at all. So I thought about buying one and then selling it after I'm done with it. But I know myself, I hate the hassle of selling and it'll lose about half it's purchase price once the box is opened.

Long intro short, is there a place that I could rent a drone (without a pilot) for the duration?
    I've found very little in that direction, but maybe you guys know something that i don't.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

That will be expensive. Are you factoring in insurance, in the context of public liability? Very unlikely.
    I hate the hassle of selling and it'll lose about half it's purchase price once the box is opened.

The same goes for cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gonna bump this thread instead of starting a new one.

Looking for a drone to use for a day or two for a photography idea, does anyone know of a place that rents drones? Dublin/Dun Laoghaire area ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

You might have more luck renting a pilot with a drone than just a drone itself as you would nearly have a drone paid for due to the rental charges out there, but I can see the reasoning as its expensive kit to be hiring out to maybe someone who doesn't really have much flying time behind them.

That being said https://www.droneworksireland.ie/drone-rental/ are 185 a week for a Mavic and 150 for a Phantom 4 Pro though so it might be in your range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I have no flying time, so maybe renting a pilot and drone is the best option. It would be for one or two locations at most, be done in a day easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GubMan

Also going to bump this thread please :-)

I'm looking for a drone/gopro rental + pilot/camera guy for a small commercial project in Laois. Are there any recommendations? I need this done in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement