Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a sliding gate- Nice motor

• 19-09-2020 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

We are looking at installing a sliding gate motor on an existing sliding gate.

The gate area has power and there are pipes ready for the sensor cables. So it is a matter of installing a Nice Robus motor and setting up the programming - no construction work. Needs to be a Nice motor (this is the company have chosen as compatible with our other house systems).

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

Your best bet is to find out who distributes Nice automation equipment here and contact them, they should give you a choice of installation companies

• Registered Users Posts: 20 housedweller

Yes I did try that and didn’t get the info. Nice UK don’t know and there isn’t a Nice Ireland division. Might have to order kit from UK and do it myself.

Thanks.
    kub wrote: »
    Your best bet is to find out who distributes Nice automation equipment here and contact them, they should give you a choice of installation companies

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

Sesco in Navan are a distributor for Nice gate automation, also Reliable in Dublin

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I prefer sliding gates. From a mechanical perspective there is a bit more work installing them properly, but it is worth it.

Advertisement