Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

helicopter over Dundrum headed for DunLaoghaire

• 14-09-2020 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

there seems to be a lot of helicopter activity passing over Dundrum tonight - I presume flying in and out of Baldonnel - headed for DunLaoghaire looks like

seems to be a Lynx - anyone know a reason ?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

RobAMerc wrote: »
    there seems to be a lot of helicopter activity passing over Dundrum tonight - I presume flying in and out of Baldonnel - headed for DunLaoghaire looks like

The AW139s were quite active yesterday. I spotted 3 of them (or perhaps the same one 3 times)

seems to be a Lynx

No Lynx south of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,774 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Garda chopper flew over D4 earlier, followed a while later by the AC, and then about 15 mins ago the coastguard helicopter flew past. All headed in the general direction of the coast.

Highly unlikely to be all related, but that's a lot of chopper action for one morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

No Lynx south of the border.

Or North considering the RN and Army Air Corps retired all theirs in 2017/18...

BeardySi wrote: »
    Or North considering the RN and Army Air Corps retired all theirs in 2017/18...

Ah ok, sorry didn't know whether the Wildcats were deployed up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Garda chopper flew over D4 earlier, followed a while later by the AC, and then about 15 mins ago the coastguard helicopter flew past. All headed in the general direction of the coast.

Highly unlikely to be all related, but that's a lot of chopper action for one morning!

noticed some helicopter noise myself this morning - but not as much as last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,770 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A lot of Glasnevin last night...and other night but last night particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Psychlops

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    A Garda chopper flew over D4 earlier, followed a while later by an AC chopper, and then about 15 mins ago a coastguard helicopter flew past. All headed in the general direction of the coast.

Really? 3 Helicopters is alot? :pac: FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 24,770 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Same now here, same time too, zilch on fr24 again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Could have been a cash convoy to/from the Central Bank mint in Sandyford - it usually gets an "eye in the sky" shadowing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement