Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Entrematic Zen remote controls losing programming

• 15-09-2020 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

Hello

I live in a small gated community where we share an electric gate that is controlled using Entrematic Zen radio remote controls. Most of the time all is ok but for some tenants, the fobs keep losing their programming and have to be reprogrammed. It is not the fob itself as I replace it with a new one but the same issue happens again and again for the same people and for most tenants, however, they work fine and never lose programming. Any idea what these folks are doing to kill their devices. The company that installed them has no idea and while reprogramming is easy and quick and I have stock of spares so do in batches but it's a bit of pain.

Any ideas?

The exact device is

Entrematic Zen2
    Radio Transmiter
    TX 2CH 433MHz Rolling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

They are made by Ditec AFAIK.

Perhaps time for a second opinion, perhaps give Ditec Ireland a call and ask them for a few names of installers in your own area and get onto someone else for a second opinion.

It sounds very strange to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

just in case anyone stumbles on this post my gate and remotes are now working ok. The issue turned out to be a known bug and the gate controller just needed a firmware update to resolve.

Advertisement