Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead is ending | Season 11 (2022)

• 10-09-2020 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

So there we have it, The Walking Dead (main series) is ending on Season 11.
    #TheWalkingDead will conclude in 2022 with an extended 24-episode 11th and final season. In 2023, Angela Kang will return to helm a fourth #TWD series starring Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride.
    THE WALKING DEAD, cable’s most popular show, based on Robert Kirkman’s best-selling comic, will come to a close in 2022 with a 24-episode eleventh and final season. Chief Content Officer Scott Gimple said in a press release, “It’s been ten years gone bye; what lies ahead are two more to come and stories and stories to tell beyond that,” said Gimple. “What’s clear is that this show has been about the living, made by a passionate cast, team of writer/producers, producers, and crew, bringing to life the vision put forth by Robert Kirkman in his brilliant comic — and supported by the best fans in the world. He added, “This will be a grand finale that will lead to new premieres. Evolution is upon us. THE WALKING DEAD lives.”

Although this marks the end of the first series, THE WALKING DEAD universe is far from over. Starting in 2023, Walking Dead Showrunner Angela Kang will return with Scott Gimple to helm a spin-off series centered around Norman Reedus’ Daryl Dixon and Melissa McBride’s Carol Peletier. According to the press release, “AMC is also working with Gimple to develop a new ‘Tales of the Walking Dead’ series, an episodic anthology with individual episodes or arcs of episodes focused on new or existing characters, backstories or other stand-alone experiences. The company, working closely with Gimple, is also developing a number of other new and innovative projects grounded in The Walking Dead universe.”

THE WALKING DEAD will air its Season 10 Finale on Sunday, October 4th at 9pm followed by the series premiere of THE WALKING DEAD: WORLD BEYOND at 10pm. FEAR THE WALKING DEAD will begin airing part of its sixth season starting the following Sunday, October 11th. Read the full press release below and let us know in the comments how YOU’RE reacting to this massive announcement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭ebbsy

2 series worth of Negan was a death blow.

It will probably end like the comic did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The news of another spin off really blunts the impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s wife, Hilarie Burton, has been cast as Negan's wife Lucille

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭smillingsam

I gave up on it after season 6 I think, it was fairly slow at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

Great series tbf am just watching from season1 up until 10 before 22 August... Yes I've paid for Disney plus🤭 but I always found, going back to survivors in '70s there's something addictive about dystopian and survival shows, and tbf, walking dead is well up there.

In hugely unpolitical correct way, the Taliban take over of Afghanistan in 7 days just makes u wonder, what would you do, if disaster strikes..... Which I guess I'd why shows like walking dead keeps viewers....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

sleeping zombies? that was a bit easy

is this the woke'ing dead

Post edited by expectationlost on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Sleeping Zombies is such a weird concept. I thought in previous seasons they would just be not moving, but still be upright. Also think it was a fakeout at the end - dont think they like killing anyone in this show anymore.

ep 6

very people under the stairs

maybe taking these pastiche episodes a bit too far

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

is ep6 out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ep6 was dropped on AMC+ premium streaming service at the weekend. AMC+ streams each episode of S11 one week before it's terrestrial tv release date.

Has been a weird last season, too many different storylines. The army group still being together is just considering how long the zombies have been around

Yeah, we have the Commonwealth story, the Reapers story and also the drama with Maggie and Negan. I have a feeling we may end up getting another Game of Thrones type ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

24 episodes - did I read that right? I'm on episode 6 and bugger all has happened. So if there are 24 episodes it better start picking up or I won't last to the end 🤔 (I will stick it out - persevered this long)

24 episodes split into S11a, S11b and S11c. S11a finishes next week (the following week on terrestrial tv) with ep8.

ep7

it was best not to fire that shotgun in that small room....!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This has been one of the best seasons in a long while - lots of drama, lots of zombies and lots of stories (maybe too many and they could have dealt with each one separately)

yeah enjoying all the three many stories this season. Really hope that Negan dies at the end of the show, I know the character is popular and seems to be the only one character that is not doing stupid things this season I think it is most definitely due.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This was the best episode in years. Genuinely creepy.

mythbusters fans?

they said family as much this ep as in a fast and furious movie

• Advertisement

Good episode all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

No thread for the new episode?

Does Norman Reedus have an objection to a haircut for some reason?

The Reapers were a burden on the show this season. No sense or meaning to them at all.

The Feral family was awesome - they deserved to be the primary threat for more than part of one episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

i really enjoyed the last/first episode! I was looking for a new thread too. Its amazing just how much fans have been lost over the seasons, from when it started...Anyway, Ill be there till the bitter end and if the season stays as good as last weeks episode it'll be great!

the politics of the new area they are is fascinating. Think Darryl will try to take place from inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Last episode was putrid.

Do you mean the last time we will have a first episode?

I thought season 11 was split in three -‘another batch of 8 episodes later in the year?

Post edited by Useless Lump on

I’m not sure what to make of the Commonwealth.

it makes sense such a community would survive and grow and still try to hold onto all the modern luxuries like ice cream and such - but it feels very out of place in the world of the Walking Dead. And the governors sim is a waste of screen time - he is a cliched character that has been done to death in fiction since fiction began. The useless son of a powerful ruler etc.

People there seem they have no idea what is outsides and the makers of the show have rushed the Survivors integration in the community.

Daryl in Episode 10 is certainly behaving like a believer in the place. And the flashforward for Episode 9 shows him as a true believer. I think he moved there for Judith and RJ and seems to be trying his best. God knows he is a better parent than Michone - she just up and leaves her children in the middle of a war with psychos ?

I don’t doubt something will be revealed to show Maggie is right for not going but I don’t see Daryl planning a coup - would be next to impossible anyway

Looks like Norman Reedus got concussion while filming some of the final scenes which had to pause production:

Seems like the commonwealth is one of the worst places we have encountered with so many at the top abusing those out of luck or at the bottom. Killing or getting people killed for money is such an odd idea in the type of world that has developed but is closer to getting the world back to normal- a very interesting concept. episode 14 was good.

• Advertisement

Do to you mean episode 13 “WARLORDS” ?

If so, yeah it was good. I was getting tired of the episodes inside the Commonwealth, in particular Eugene (who is not a good enough character to carry a plot) and his whinging for two episodes is more than I can bear. Maggie and events in the “Wasteland” returned just in time and the latest episode with Michael Biehn was very satisfying.

I don’t think anyone in the Commonwealth is killing for money. It seems Milton and Hornsby are only interested in power.

I don’t think there was any ambush of a Commonwealth weapons convoy. I think Hornsby made that up to manipulate Toby into attacking this new community for some reason - maybe he plans on blaming Aaron for the violence?

Maggie made a very interesting point - the people of the Commonwealth will be in for shock when the time comes for a “test”.

Also, young Herschel is in the back of the pick up truck. I saw him move towards it when Maggie was giving instructions to the guy before they left.

Advertisement