Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Please Recommend Workout clothing suitable for Eczema

• 14-08-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Lads this is a long shot but if anyone can help at all it would really be appreciated.

I'm looking for workout gear, mainly base layers, tracksuits and Hoodies that are made from 100% cotton or Bamboo material.

Most if not all the tracksuit bottoms and Hoodies available are either 100% Polyester or a blend of 60% polyester 40% cotton which I am allergic to. It prevents me doing any training because the flare-ups are so bad.

If anyone knows of any other material that might help please let me know.

Base layers that wick away sweat and are cooling are helpful providing the material isn't irritating so if anyone can recommend some it would be be very helpful.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I’m not sure if you’re looking for male or female clothes, but I came across this company - BAM Bamboo clothing which stock both.

I have no experience with this company or indeed buying cotton or bamboo based workout clothing, but from the little bit of research I did this morning, it seems there are more brands aimed at women than men in this category.

It might be worthwhile to seek out ethically sourced, sustainable brands, as usually these type of brands stock clothing woven from natural fibres...clothing made from Tencel might also be an option, it’s a natural breathable fabric made from wood pulp.

Here are some more i came across which cater to both men and women:
    1) Carrotbananapeach
    2) Boody (their men’s range is very limited however)
    3) PositiveOutlookClothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

I’m not sure if you’re looking for male or female clothes, but I came across this company - BAM Bamboo clothing which stock both.

I have no experience with this company or indeed buying cotton or bamboo based workout clothing, but from the little bit of research I did this morning, it seems there are more brands aimed at women than men in this category.

It might be worthwhile to seek out ethically sourced, sustainable brands, as usually these type of brands stock clothing woven from natural fibres...clothing made from Tencel might also be an option, it’s a natural breathable fabric made from wood pulp.

Here are some more i came across which cater to both men and women:
    1) Carrotbananapeach
    2) Boody (their men’s range is very limited however)
    3) PositiveOutlookClothing

Thanks very.much. I was aware of Bam clothing after doing some searches. Im considering buying from www.asos.com also. They have a lot of Cotton clothing advertised although some clothes are out of stock.

I'll check out Tencell and the other Stores you recommended. If I buy from any of the above Ill post back with reviews of them.

Thanks again.

Advertisement