Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUP in Galway (Stand Up Paddle Boarding)

• 09-03-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi, looking to get into SUP in Galway, just bought my own board and wondering where is good to go - apart from the obvious Salthill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martin.oshea13

Hi, just getting into SUP and also based in Galway, You find any good spots?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭brownetara

Hi Martin,

I went out to Rusheen Bay which was fine, grand if you're not too confident in water as its very shallow but pretty small. I reckon we could go out from the Rowing club down in the college or even from the small jetty down form the running track in Dangan. AnNd obviously a calm day in Salthill, Silverstrand or Barna.

Are you around at the weekend, would you like to meet up and try out somewhere?

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭donalglackin

Hi guys, i recently got myself a paddle board in galway as well, i was out at bearna strand yesterday but it was a bit choppy, anywhere else you would recommend around galway to go out, or if your ever heading out as well be good to go out with someone else as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 laursbee

Hey there,
    Im planning on buying a board this week, if anyone is interested in meeting up to go paddling please pm me!

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clare18

Hi all.
    Im getting a SUP board in the next week or so. Are there any groups that go out in Galway?
    Thanks

Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Galway1!

Anyone else fairly knew to SUP in Galway know of any other good spots to go or that would like to meet up for a paddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

I am usually going to Rinvill or Loughrea if anyone interested on Monday evening at around 7pm. I swap every week, I am still learning and looking for a good wide paddle board which is more relaxing. 10'X34"x6" which has great stability but find hard to get a similar one.

Advertisement