Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outgoing International Post delays

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

I've family living in Qatar for several years now & we don't bother with sending anything by regular post anymore as it nearly guaranteed to not be delivered.

Only way to get parcels IMO to Middle Eastern countries like Dubai is with international couriers FedEx & DHL. It's not cheap though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone has used the above and if it is genuinely 'express'. Reason I ask is that two days ago I sent a parcel to New Zealand using this service which cost €20.50. Tracking is still showing as 'accepted at the post office' and no scans at all since. I wasn't aware of any delays outbound at the moment so am mystified as to why it hasn't scanned at any mailing centre. Any ideas?

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

May not have been scanned as it was a "small packet". I sent two small items to the USA, one showed the scan and the other didn't. Funny, the one that didn't scan arrived quickest

New Zealand has long inward delays due to a ban on mail by boat and everything coming by airmail and customs going though everything. So expect 14-21 days for "express" delivery.

As well as customs delays (7-10 days), NZ post have their own delays

"Once NZ Customs has released your item, it can take 2-10 working days for NZ Post to receive your parcel for processing." 

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Yeah, it still hasn't scanned since last Tuesday. Still showing as accepted at the post office. An Post are saying it might be delayed picking up a scan in a mailing centre but possibly you're right and it has left the country without being scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

Parcels/small packets taking up 28 days to reach Australasia.As in Oz,New Zealand,Phillpines etc Effective since early Dec and could last until Febuary with Lunar New Year beginning on 20th Jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Sent a package to Aus using irishparcels.ie and it got there within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

Sent a parcel airmail via An Post a month to arrive.Registered post took 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Posted something on the 26th October. Post office said 4 to 5 working days. Still not arrived and anpost and polish tracking says left dublin October 28th. Anyone experience of post lengths to poland? I opened an enquiry with anpost after chatting to agent online.

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Darwin

I'm just wondering what your final outcome was? I'm in a similar situation, posted a registered parcel last Tuesday to Poland and last scan says "delivery sorted in Portlaoise", so it looks like it hasn't even left the country. What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks for the reply, give me a bit of hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

@Furze99 did irishparcels.ie ever come back demanding more money ? Happened to me, nearly doubling the price. Avoid these guys at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

No, they delivered at the price paid and that was it.

Advertisement