Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

So your phone has no apps on it then? If you have a phone either google or apple have your data like.

Lidl and Aldi have a weird international setup. Kinda like the EU - so individual countries can run themselves as they see fit and are independent of each other to a large degree - so i take your point, but not sure id judge Lidl or Aldi Ire by what their international counterparts do.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

New offers up:

€2 off 80 Lyons Gold tea bags (€1.69)

Half price:
    Twix 4 Pack (74c)
    Frozen Blueberries (1.50)
    6 pack family banana (74c)
    3 pack demi baguette (50c)
    Sweet chili sauce (1.50)

€2 off BBQ ribs (2.69)

€1 off 4 Pack bachelors beans (2.50)

Some decent ones there

Dunnes have 6 pack of Heinz baked beans for €3 starting today until next Wednesday..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Invincible

BowWow wrote: »
    Also

Irish Angus Beef Burgers €1 off, now €1.39

Want to have better flavour than that brand (Castlerahan) sirloin steak, a poor substitute for the Deluxe Hereford sirloin steak that it seems to have replaced ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Invincible

Fair play to their customer service, contacted them through app yesterday to let them know the roast in bag chicken didn't process last Thursday and the 5 off 25 didn't deduct even though it was 1 of 3 activated coupons.
    Email back this morning stating they had added a €5 off next shop to app for inconvenience.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Fair play to their customer service, contacted them through app yesterday to let them know the roast in bag chicken didn't process last Thursday and the 5 off 25 didn't deduct even though it was 1 of 3 activated coupons.
    Email back this morning stating they had added a €5 off next shop to app for inconvenience.

...interesting...

As a very firm and open convert to Lidls own brand stuff, ill put it out there that the blue own brand beans they have (not the bargain basement white ones) are as decent as Bachelors. Maybe not quite Heinz, but not much in it tbf.

The white ones are too sweet and, as we dont have a tin opener in the house, impossible for us to open (easily) :D

So the beans voucher wouldnt tempt me away from the OB blue ones.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Welcome to the Lidl loyalty card thread

Wakey Wakey!!!!
    I Was comparing the 4 pack of batchelors @2.50 with the Lidl app versus the current Dunnes offer.

start a dunnes thread or a beans thread then :rolleyes:

Maybe the so called offer in the Lidl app isn't so great after sll
    You do the mathsðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

For people who don't usually do a full shop in Lidl, have you starting buying more from here now that your going in to avail of the offers or do you just cherry pick the offers.

I've noticed I've bought more from here than going to Aldi where I usually do all my shopping.

In effect, this marketing strategy is working on me. It will only continue to work on me as long as the offers appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Had the Angus burgers a few weeks back and wasnt a fan though, not sure what seasoning is used in them but they tasted a bit strange

Otherwise some good offers there this week, I mean who doesnt love frozen blueberry and banana smoothies and a Twix with your tea. Will be getting the bbq ribs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

sweetie wrote: »
    my local had about 5/6 of the special offers in one place last night. Very handy

Mine didn't - I activated 3 vouchers, found 2 products (rapeseed and chicken breasst) but the third (for Colgate toothpaste) was out of stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

start a dunnes thread or a beans thread then :rolleyes:

No, that's not the way it works.

For example If someone posts a thread about a bargain on a phone from a certain website.
    Then it is normal and helpful if someone else posts in that thread saying that the same phone is available on a different site cheaper.

Same applies here on this thread for product's in lidl.
    If they are available elsewhere in a better deal, then we should discuss it here.

So you should stop implying that people shouldn't post useful information here.

Actually we would all be better off if you posted less yourself with your condescending know it all attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Talking to a worker today after he seen me looking at item with phone in hand

In the process of moving all or all non frozen etc items onto shelfs at the end of a unit on their own

The app was meant to be staff and family for a month(word of mouth etc changed that) , then advertising etc be released to push the public to use it

Think a week or so the advertising etc will start so that be the just under the month grace to iron out kinks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

My point was that the deal mentioned on Heinz beans is so good that it will get lost in the lidl loyalty card thread, I wasn’t implying anything at all just pointing out it’s kind of the wrong place.
    I have posted a link to the beans offer in Dunnes in bargain alerts so it’s not lost and misssd by others.

I don’t imply things I say what I mean, have a good day now ;)

Don't try and bullshiit me, because I don't believe you for a minute.

That was not your point.

It is very clear you were trying to stop people posting useful information on this thread.

You have made similar smart arse comments telling people not to post on lots of other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

https://www.checkout.ie/technology/lidl-ireland-launches-instant-rewards-app-103486?platform=hootsuite

The retailer said that had initially planned on a soft launch period for its employees in early July.

"We had planned to keep Lidl Plus under wraps a little longer, but our curious customers uncovered the app, quickly shooting it to the #1 slot on the App Store almost immediately,” Scally added.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Every now and then, usually when Im shopping while starving, Ill take a punt on those boxes of ribs, whether in Aldi/Lidl/Dunnes and they always disappoint, lots of faff and mess to cook and eat them and its just not worth it. The butchers version on a proper grill or even better just order them in a restaurant is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Baggly wrote: »
    My experience of working in retail is that this could be supplier funded on the branded goods - so prices might not increase beyond normal inflation levels. For own brand goods, they have higher margin so easier to justify a temporary hit in margin if its gets people to move from branded to own brand.
    I'd take issue with that. When I worked in Dunnes for mercifully short 2 years, a manager told me that Dunnes offered "yellow pack" stuff because everybody else did, but that they actually much preferred to sell the top brand stuff as they had much better margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Thargor wrote: »
    Every now and then, usually when Im shopping while starving, Ill take a punt on those boxes of ribs, whether in Aldi/Lidl/Dunnes and they always disappoint, lots of faff and mess to cook and eat them and its just not worth it. The butchers version on a proper grill or even better just order them in a restaurant is the only way to go.

Too true. I have yet to find ribs in a supermarket with anything like the amount of meat you get in a restaurant or even a Chinese takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

Esse85 wrote: »
    For people who don't usually do a full shop in Lidl, have you starting buying more from here now that your going in to avail of the offers or do you just cherry pick the offers.

I've noticed I've bought more from here than going to Aldi where I usually do all my shopping.

In effect, this marketing strategy is working on me. It will only continue to work on me as long as the offers appeal.
    Yeah, kind of the same. My €5 off offer was expiring so I ended up getting a bottle of gin to push myself over the needed €25.

I'll definitely adjust to shop more if it's worthwhile, although I hope this app doesn't go the way of Visa Rewards that AIB and others had for their Visa cards, where the initial offers were excellent but ultimately proved just to be something to get people in the door and the subsequent deals were far more stingy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Used my €1.50 voucher today and got €1 voucher on new scratch card

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

the packs look divine and soooo tempting but the result is far from it
    Yeah Aldi have gone down this route with a fridge full of cardboard boxes covered in pictures of beautiful meals, ribs and beef burnt ends and Irish stews etc, then you open the box and its a plastic bag full of something that looks like it came out of a sick dog. The meat always tastes the same aswell, lowest of low grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

lucalux wrote: »
    I think a few people were having this issue when registering, are you dropping the zero from your mobile number? As in +353861234567

I've tried it with & without a few times & no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭coleen

They are different to the ones on the app, different product code and the man on the till said they are beside the eggs and he was spot on
    Got mine by the till and scanned them and they were free

dowtchaboy wrote:
    I'd take issue with that. When I worked in Dunnes for mercifully short 2 years, a manager told me that Dunnes offered "yellow pack" stuff because everybody else did, but that they actually much preferred to sell the top brand stuff as they had much better margins.

Not my experience with other retailers but then Dunnes are setup to sell brands with OB on the side and Lidl are setup to sell OB with brands on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lucalux

I've tried it with & without a few times & no luck!

That's a pain!

I find they are reasonably quick to get back to you with answers to queries, you can contact them from within the app.

Might be worth a try just so you don't miss out on this week's offers maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Is there a certain min spend required on can ye just buy the App specials at that price? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lucalux

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Is there a certain min spend required on can ye just buy the App specials at that price? Thanks.

No minimum spend for the treats, apart from the €5 off €25 (obviously enough ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Tried to use it this evening and it wouldn't deduct the €5 off €25 but did give the almond ice creams at 50%..Lad on the till tried to put it through 3 times but no joy..His colleague intervened to say that the €5 off €25 was only available to staff at the moment but should work for me next time!!!😕

Thats interesting. I tried to use it this morning on some of the Thursday tool specials and it didn't go through. Guy on the till told me the discount only works on groceries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

1 eur off scratch card today !!

Advertisement