Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

I'm waiting for a hip replacement and due to chronic pain and mobility issues I'm forced to shop online. My postman is a very impatient fella. Last week he rang my intercom but by the time I answeredhe was gone. I was prepared for the delivery cos they now send texts the day before. I grabbed my cane and got the lift down hoping to catch him putting other mail in boxes. No such luck. Also no missed delivery notification. Which was the first thing requested when I called to arrange redelivery. I was told it had been noted and he'd probably try again the next day. Friday came and went so I hoped for Monday. On Tuesday I went down and checked my postbox only to discover that he'd pur the notice in , probably on Friday! Am I crazy for thinking that this was a **** thing to do? It's bad enough having to shop online without having to find suppliers that don't use an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ShaneODub

I think the guy who attempts the delivery is often not the regular postman; it's a guy in a van who doesn't have access to the building.

The actual postman, who has access to the post boxes, brings the missed delivery notice the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

He definitely has access to the building. It's in a gated complex. Maybe you're right but he won't even wait for me to come down to collect stuff. He just tells me it's on the letterboxes. So if anything goes missing it's on me

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

This is not an error, I have seen the same fake delivery attempt multiple times. Same ch!t from Fedex as well...

Put the onus on the customer and not the delivery driver. Too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭briany

This is starting to happen to me now as well. The An Post guy is signing for the parcel himself and then just leaving it on the doorstep and not even ringing the bell. I'm not sure if An Post will take the complaint if there is 'evidence' that the parcel was signed for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It will be up to An Post to prove it is your signature.

Advertisement