Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

• 29-09-2017 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Kayshee123

Hi everyone,
    I was just having a browse through some wireless earphones as I need some for the gym. I had skull candy wired ones but I stepped on them and the cable broke. So after that I said I’d get a wireless pair. I found a fully wireless pair, no wires connected the earphones together. The reviews seem pretty good and so I ordered them but I’ll know in about 3 weeks time what they’re like. They’re on promotion at the minute with a coupon code I found on a deals website, hope this is useful for someone. http://www.tmart.com/QCY-Q29-Mini-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-1-Double-Dual-Headphone-Earphone-with-Charging-Box-Black_p363627.html
    Code: Q29Tmart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Keep us updated, I've had my eye on truly wireless earbuds for a while now.

Would be interested in hearing your view of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I bought a set in tkmaxx yesterday that look very similiar for my iphone. I paired up both headphones but could only play music through 1 headphone or the other, couldn't stream to 2 devices at once. also sound quality was ****. Not sure if this is a limitation from apple or if it would work on android or not. I returned mine to TKMaxx for a refund.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples experiences as im looking for a set of headphones like this but dont want to fork out for airpods

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Kayshee123

crazyderk wrote: »
    I bought a set in tkmaxx yesterday that look very similiar for my iphone. I paired up both headphones but could only play music through 1 headphone or the other, couldn't stream to 2 devices at once. also sound quality was ****. Not sure if this is a limitation from apple or if it would work on android or not. I returned mine to TKMaxx for a refund.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples experiences as im looking for a set of headphones like this but dont want to fork out for airpods
    Yea there’s no way I’m gonna Pay €200 for a pair of earphones that probably have the same sound quality as the earphones you get with an iPhone... I’m a bit sceptical for the sole reason that they’re so small and you could lose one very easily

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I got this so I could charge my iPhone 7 and listen to music simultaneously. I find it very handy in the gym also although making and receiving calls is a bit hit and miss. Its £14 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-Bluetooth-Headphone-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B01HRYAP1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506680012&sr=8-1&keywords=griffin+bluetooth+headphone+adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They are a nice earbud, i bought them to try out and they are surprisingly well fitting (when you use the correct ear-cup), no chance of them falling out.
    The box is the charger so the whole unit is quite handy to have.
    When they arrived i could not charge them :o and found that there is a small bit of tape protecting the contacts. Needs to be removed first :D. But after that with a small bit of fiddling to get them into the correct positions, they charged no problem. The charger LED on the box turns white when they are fully charged, but will not change white it the contacts are not sitting properly in the box (another thing that took me a little while to figure out).
    You also have to remove the right one first from the charger otherwise they will misconnect. If you remove the left earpiece first, it can take up to a minute to reseat them properly and then remove them in the correct order.
    The sound from them is very clear, there is no background noise, and not a great deal of bass. They are very decent for the price. Neither amazing nor bad, and are comfortable.

I tried them in headset mode once very briefly. When a call comes in, the voice (female) calls out the phone number that is ringing you can tap the button to stop it. There are other button commands (redial etc) but i never planned to use them as a headset, so did not.
    I had to charge them with normal use after roughly 4-5 hours, even though it says in the packaging that it is 12 hours.
    As soon as you place them in the charger, they disconnect, and reconnect as soon a you take them out. Also, if you place them in the box to charge, and the box is nearly out of charge, instead of disconnecting or charging, they will connect and drain themselves, so you must be careful that the box is fully charged.
    They were up above $50 at one stage, which is the main reason i bought them at the $35 price. I have since given them away to a younger relative (by coercion, not choice :))

Cheaper here €19.40 https://www.joybuy.com/3298199.html
    The last thing i bought from these, took less than 2 weeks if i remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭kaiserrussel

Hi ALl

I am sorry to ask a question that might be flogged to death but im looking for some form of wireless head phones for gym that can also take calls

If they are of a similar sound quality to the iphone headphones then i would be happy. so the bar is low. I want an entry level model that I can hear music well

lets start from there and I can work to getting better quality ones etc

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭huddlejonny

Hi ALl

I am sorry to ask a question that might be flogged to death but im looking for some form of wireless head phones for gym that can also take calls

If they are of a similar sound quality to the iphone headphones then i would be happy. so the bar is low. I want an entry level model that I can hear music well

lets start from there and I can work to getting better quality ones etc

thanks in advance

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones-Anker-Lightweight-Sweatproof-Travelling-Black/dp/B01N6DC2ZE

I find these to be very good quality, don't know about using them in a gym though. Maybe the newer version of them for £29 might be a better fit, they have the over ear supports on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones-Anker-Lightweight-Sweatproof-Travelling-Black/dp/B01N6DC2ZE

I find these to be very good quality, don't know about using them in a gym though. Maybe the newer version of them for £29 might be a better fit, they have the over ear supports on them.

I have these and they're perfectly fine for the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

xtal191 wrote: »
    I have these and they're perfectly fine for the gym.

Stupid question :o but can the connecting cable be removed (daughter looking for iphone air pod type earphones)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

Plascebo wrote: »
    Stupid question :o but can the connecting cable be removed (daughter looking for iphone air pod type earphones)?

Nah you cant remove the cable

• Advertisement

Plascebo wrote: »

Why not get the ones in the OP? They are still only €21 on Joybuy, they have gone up a little because of the exchange rate, but may drop this week or so in the singles day sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭rob316

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Suckit wrote: »
    Why not get the ones in the OP? They are still only €21 on Joybuy, they have gone up a little because of the exchange rate, but may drop this week or so in the singles day sales.

Cheers, just read your review of them, worth a punt I reckon. Saves Santa (too early :D ) a few quid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »

They look like rebranded versions of these - http://www.lightinthebox.com/2017-new-mini-hot-tws-wireless-bluetooth-earphone-csr-4-1-handsfree-binaural-headset-universal-invisible-earbud-for-meizu-samsung-phone_p5621702.html

The case would not be very good for portability imo. I am thinking of dust etc..

Either way, both sets seem to get good reviews.

Whoever mentioned they were looking for ones similar to Apples earpods - these may suit - https://www.lightinthebox.com/7-bluetooth-4-1-headset-tws-wireless-stereo-call-binaural-motion-business-mini-headset-battery-slot_p5806879.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

Is it just me or do you just get one ear piece for the $8.99 and not a set.

mad m wrote: »
    Is it just me or do you just get one ear piece for the $8.99 and not a set.
    Yeah, scratch that.

You only get one. I looked and scrolled down a little, saw two in the pictures and just assumed.

The FAQ at the bottom clarifies that you only get one.
    Thank you for your question and interest in buying our products!
    it includes 1 pieces of phones
    it is compatible with bluetooth devices
    Sorry, the pictures shown on our website are all we have now. We will improve our service in the future to provide more information for you.

Here is another set for €20.97 - https://www.lightinthebox.com/hbq-i7-tws-twins-wireless-earbuds-mini-bluetooth-v4-2-stereo-headset-earphone-for-iphone-7-plus-7-6s-6-plus-se-galaxy-s8-plus-lg_p6252838.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah, scratch that.

You only get one. I looked and scrolled down a little, saw two in the pictures and just assumed.

The FAQ at the bottom clarifies that you only get one.

May be worth editing your original post with a warning in case anyone clicks through and pulls the trigger before reading forward.

....... wrote: »

They look alright, i might get a pair too. Earhook on the rim is part of the bud, so they must be fairly small.
    keane2097 wrote: »
    May be worth editing your original post with a warning in case anyone clicks through and pulls the trigger before reading forward.
    Edited it there. :)

I saw a pair that get great reviews, sound etc.. But they look ugly. They look huge, not sure i would want them sticking out of my ear like in the pictures, but i may be viewing them wrong. They get very good reviews, but 30mm from tip to cover :(. They come with 3 different types of earhook.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SYLLABLE-D900MINI-bluetooth-4-1-earphone-noise-reduction-bluetooth-headset-for-mobile-phone-wireless-sports-bass/32729926007.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

I ordered these, due soon enough.

Based on price and a reference to water resistance primarily drove my decision. I dont expect any of these to be greatly waterproof.

I don't have great expectations on them but I'll report back when they arrive. I run twice a week so they'll get a good testing.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/JH-S9100-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-with-Charging-Box-Black-386237.html?Currency=EUR&gclid=CjwKCAjwhOvPBRBxEiwAx2nhLtOxlvjdKmbeozaYww4rVsSIJs3AQH-9i7hKCyGOIlitcmr0HJPlqRoCQTMQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

I got a decent pair here for €11 including delivery (plenty of choice).....used this site for years......earphones usually die due to rust after a year (from sweaty head) but then you get to choose another......so I usually buy pairs !
    https://www.7dayshop.com/bluetooth-earphones
    Works great as a phone headset too!

7dayshop Sport Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Sport Stereo Earbuds Headphone Headset Headset with Microphone - Black

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I got those too. I think they're a little bit bulky on the ears and the left one falls off my ear during a run (does my left ear sweat more than my right?). That said, they pair really easily, battery life is excellent and sound quality is pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Must get a pair myself, but is there anything that lets you connect bluetooth headphones to a non bluetooth device via the headphone jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,967 ✭✭✭✭Esel

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Must get a pair myself, but is there anything that lets you connect bluetooth headphones to a non bluetooth device via the headphone jack?

They would need to have a 3.5mm socket, and come with (or buy separately) a 3.5mm male to male cable. Unless Apple devices, which have a 2.5mm output socket afaik.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

How do you listen to the radio with wireless earphones as most phones need the earphones cable as an antenna? Or is it a case of using an app for internet radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,967 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Wheety wrote: »
    How do you listen to the radio with wireless earphones as most phones need the earphones cable as an antenna? Or is it a case of using an app for internet radio?

Bluetooth.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Bluetooth.

I know how they connect but FM radio on phones won't have the antenna if there is no cable plugged in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Wheety wrote: »

phone app?

• Advertisement

snowflaker wrote: »
    phone app?

I think that's the only way, Internet radio. There doesn't seem to be too many solutions to this unless you want an ugly 3.5mm radio antenna.

Advertisement