Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Debub wrote: »

I have one available if anyone is looking for one. Camera is dead so no need for mine

padair wrote: »
    I have one available if anyone is looking for one. Camera is dead so no need for mine

If anyone is interested insome spare parts let me know

two battery's
    controller
    handheld attachment for camera
    spare base with propellars

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

So, had a small accident :(
    Drone decided from about 10-15 meters up to take a noise dive and drop onto the beach. Looked like one of motors or something stopped running as it did a fairly sharp corkscrew into the ground breaking camera gimbal. Or something put it off balance. On a lucky note , drone still flies.

Does anyone know if camera is repairable? Snaps attached

Alright there buddo,
    I've had to repair this kind of break several times.
    Looks like the ribbon connector is intact so you don't need to replace it. You will need a new gimbal arm. I'm currently awaiting another gimbal arm (it's a VERY common break) from AliExpress (it's an .ru domain so you'll need to translate)
    The repair procedure is not for the faint of heart but very doable (many youtube vids on disassembly available).
    On my 2nd drone now, replaced motors, gps module, compass module, ribbons, gimbal even swapped out the motherboard for a new one :)

Despair thee not, totally salvageable :)

Oh and uh yeh, props to Tedpan for putting me on to this beaut, never looked back.

Here is the part you need:
    https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Sky-Hawkeye-HM1315S-Quadcopter-Spare-Part-motor-blades/32489202122.html

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭aboarads231

I got those from tomtop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has or knows of anywhere selling the 4k battery? My battery has become damaged and states through the app that it is not usable, even though all voltages are fine and battery level near 100%. Disappointing really especially as it's only had about 40 cycles and I would be careful not to discharge below 20%. Anyway, I've had a look on Gearbest and they are over €100 at the moment!!, plus the only shipping warehouse is 'HK4", or am I missing something! Am I likely to be hit with customs using this particular warehouse or has anyone been lucky? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Lanshane wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone has or knows of anywhere selling the 4k battery? My battery has become damaged and states through the app that it is not usable, even though all voltages are fine and battery level near 100%. Disappointing really especially as it's only had about 40 cycles and I would be careful not to discharge below 20%. Anyway, I've had a look on Gearbest and they are over €100 at the moment!!, plus the only shipping warehouse is 'HK4", or am I missing something! Am I likely to be hit with customs using this particular warehouse or has anyone been lucky? Many thanks

20%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Lanshane wrote: »

From 2 posts up

If anyone is interested insome spare parts let me know

two battery's
    controller
    handheld attachment for camera
    spare base with propellars

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

From 2 posts up

Yes thanks I had sent a PM to Padair. Just said I'd throw it out to the forum also....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ito

Here a happy owner of a FIMI X8 SE. If you have any questions, please ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

ito wrote: »

Have my fimi x8 in a box at home, awaiting sd card so I can fly it! Itching at me

What's your experience so far

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ito

BKWDR wrote: »
    Have my fimi x8 in a box at home, awaiting sd card so I can fly it! Itching at me

What's your experience so far

I have been flying it plenty of times. I had the 4K before and this one is far better. You can fit it inside a backpack.

Excellent battery life, good colors, easy to fly...

I have been flying it plenty of times. I had the 4K before and this one is far better. You can fit it inside a backpack.

How it handle in winds for ya?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Please share some video!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Can you please post some video footage?

I was considering buy this drone but the initial reviews on YouTube were not very good.

Some of the negative feedback included a "blue tint" on the video that the drone produced and also the flight range not being as good as advertised.

But maybe firmware updates solved these issues?

Please share your experience with this drone :)

Surely you got some footage this weekend?!?

I was trawling through YouTube and found the Hubsan Zino 4k portable drone. It has impressive specs and costs around €250. Could be a decent option if you don't want to spend serious cash on a DJI..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Have one of these for sale if anyone interested? I posted on this thread ages ago, it was for bro who used 3-4 times and sat in box since

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Have one of these for sale if anyone interested? I posted on this thread ages ago, it was for bro who used 3-4 times and sat in box since

Pm

ito wrote:

Seriously though, are you going to answer any questions?

• Advertisement

What is the airspeed velocity of a (European) unladen swallow??

padair wrote:
    What is the airspeed velocity of a (European) unladen swallow??

A pity you said European, probably knows all about the African counterpart :D

I have the fimi x8 as well.. Impressive enough for its price point

BKWDR wrote:
    I have the fimi x8 as well.. Impressive enough for its price point

Nice, do you have any footage you could share? I've seen reviews online, it seems to fly similarly to the mi drone, just not as stable in the air, but the footage looks decent. Any comments or experiences are appreciated!

tedpan wrote: »
    Nice, do you have any footage you could share? I've seen reviews online, it seems to fly similarly to the mi drone, just not as stable in the air, but the footage looks decent. Any comments or experiences are appreciated!

I've only had it up a few times and shot in 2k 60fps , let me try get some footage the next time up.
    It's my first drone (bar the SJRC F11 pro) and im impressed with how zippy it is and the photo quality etc.

My friend has the dji mavic zoom and he was pushing me towards that model but couldnt justify pulling the trigger so was very happy with the x8. Controller feels decent in hand and the drone is very responsive. Havent pushed out range or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Lads, I'm having issues with my sd card. Seems to be damage to the housing that holds it in the camera. No TF coming up when I start up the drone. So it's not reading the card. Card works fine in computer. Maybe my only option is a new camera?

yorlum11 wrote:
    Lads, I'm having issues with my sd card. Seems to be damage to the housing that holds it in the camera. No TF coming up when I start up the drone. So it's not reading the card. Card works fine in computer. Maybe my only option is a new camera?

You could get it repaired, but there's not many experts locally. Was it crashed?

The best option is to buy another complete drone, then sell the parts as the cam on its own is expensive..

Controller around 50euro
    Battery around 75euro
    Charger around 25euro
    Drone with no cam around 150euro.

So you could get most of the cash back.

tedpan wrote: »
    You could get it repaired, but there's not many experts locally. Was it crashed?

The best option is to buy another complete drone, then sell the parts as the cam on its own is expensive..

Controller around 50euro
    Battery around 75euro
    Charger around 25euro
    Drone with no cam around 150euro.

So you could get most of the cash back.

Thanks Tedpan, no not crashed. I think it was damaged inserting the card in and out. Either way it wont read card now.

yorlum11 wrote:
    Thanks Tedpan, no not crashed. I think it was damaged inserting the card in and out. Either way it wont read card now.

Hmmm, maybe the spring is broken. Maybe check out YouTube in case someone has a similar issue?

• Advertisement

Managed to push card in enough to get contact. I download data with a cable to computer and leave card in.

Advertisement