Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Decent juggling equipment?

Options
  • 26-11-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

My partner used to be great at being a jester in all sorts of ways, and has fallen out of touch with his inner juggler. I was hoping to pick him up a nice set for Christmas but unsure of where to look; he's good with clubs or balls. I know weights etc and all that are different to each, but are there any good quality brands out there to keep a special eye out, or know of any good website that's cheap enough and would deliver before then? I think going for clubs'd be my best bet really, as I know balls he's bought in the past have felt too "plasticky" compared to the ones he learned how to juggle with, and also the size of the balls can make a difference for palm comfort, whereas with handles can just about get away with it. Any advice from you good sirs is most welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

oddballs.co.uk or firetoys.com have a good selection of equipment

It can be pot luck as regards the feel of the stuff you order from them, I've ordered the same brand, colour and weight juggling balls from firetoys and the materials been different each time.

Henrys Pirouettes are a pretty popular club style or I'm noticing the Play "d" clubs are showing up more and more, if he's into the more body rolling and manipulating style of club juggling, haven't had much chance to use them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Jugglin Dublin in Temple Bar is the best shop I know of in Ireland. Definitely worth opping in to look around and chat to the owner if you are around there.

Advertisement