Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets promote each others Facebook fan pages!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

As all this probably got lost at the top of the post, here we go again!

Can I suggest that people agree via PM before suggesting someones page. This will just make sure that nobody forgets to suggest (as I nearly did) or feels pressured into returning the favour.

And whatever you do - do not click 5 or 6 hundred friends!!! You will be there all night! Follow these instructions:

You can invite all your friends without clicking them all, by using this simple technique. It works in FireFox, Chrome and Safari Browser but might not work when using Internet Explorer. Just copy this code:

javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}

After you copy the code above, go to our page and click "Suggest to friends" button and paste the code in the browsers address bar and hit enter on your keyboard. Finally, click "Send Invitations" after all your friends are highlighted. That's it! Your done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Best Price Accessories

This is a super idea. My company does't have many fans at the moment as we are only launching but would appeciate any help with getting fans.

Perhaps, you'd like to become a fan yourself?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Best-Price-Accessories/121975214502892

My company does't have many fans at the moment

Hey,

The amount of fans your page does not make any difference. This works by suggesting a page to your real Facebook friends, not to the fans you have on your page.

So if you have 300 friends, but only 10 fans on your page, its the 300 that counts!

And if that is the case, you should certainly suggest your page to every one of your friends. Most of them will become a fan to support you, others will be interested. Then their friends will see it and become a fan too if it catches their eye. And lastly, having a few hundred fans to start with is always good, as it looks better to potential customers who stumble onto your fan page.

Good luck with your venture! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shaneo1660

Just collaborated with AMP Sound there to great success already! Anyone else up for it? Ive 266 FB friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 24hrhotels

shaneo1660 wrote: »
    Just collaborated with AMP Sound there to great success already! Anyone else up for it? Ive 266 FB friends.

If you want to pm me your page I can promote it to my friends. My page is www.facebook.com/24hrhotels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

AMPSound wrote: »
    Tombull - sorry for the delay, but just sent those suggestions. Can you let me know how many fans you get from it over the next couple of days? Just want to see how people are doing and if its working for everyone.

I also posted an ad on your site! Its awesome! ;)

OK Guys since this thread started I have gathered around 30~40 extra likes on my page and that was with 2 "I think" people suggesting my site. So who is next that want me to pimp their site in return for you pimping my site.:D

AMP really glad you liked the site, All feedback is welcome likes and dislikes. probably best off PM me as we could derail the thread.

Thanks
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sweetdreamsire

Sorry for the delay in replying to this thread. Thanks to all who have suggested my page http://www.facebook.com/SweetDreamsIreland . I have already gotten 30 or so new "Likes" on the page so thank you. I Have suggested pages from this thread and will continue to do so, so if anyone wishes for me to promote there page shout away.

Cheers,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 helper11

Hi All
    AMPsound how does that link work.

javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}

Where do you put it. Sorry if a dumb question.

helper11 wrote: »
    AMPsound how does that link work.

I dont mean to sound smart, but follow the instructions word for word and it will work.
    After you copy the code above, go to our page and click "Suggest to friends" button and paste the code in the browsers address bar and hit enter on your keyboard. Finally, click "Send Invitations" after all your friends are highlighted. That's it! Your done...

Go to the page, and click Suggest to Friends. The box will pop up where you would usually click every one of your friends. Instead, click in the address bar (marked 1 in this image http://www.fullget.net/Images/ArticleFiles/ArticlePicture/Search_history_and_settings_Delete_past_searchesbdcfb964_83c6_4e80_9a39_d0694591cee5.gif). Then press Ctrl + V to paste the code in. Then hit enter. It may take a few seconds, but then all your friends will be selected. Just hit "Send inviations".

Thanks a million for that. I will start suggesting you all to friends tomorrow.

Thanks again AMPSound

• Advertisement

Anyone else looking to swap with me please get in touch! 267 FB friends on my personal profile currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jillyf

Hi, hope you don't mind me jumping in but I am new to all of this and trying to build a fanbase for my business too. Please feel free to PM me your details if you would like to swap info. I only have around 50 friends though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Fitzpatricks-Shoes/223708595148?ref=ts

Mine is here, if anyone suggests it send me a pm and ill suggest theres as well!

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Fitzpatricks-Shoes/223708595148?ref=ts

Mine is here, if anyone suggests it send me a pm and ill suggest theres as well!

How many friends do you have on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

230- I just helped Shane out today so in a few days i can help you out, dont want to appear spammy to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Hi folks here's my page

Singing Star Experience

I'm going back through some of the threads to make some recommendations. Should also mention thats it's probably only relevant to Irish fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Haven't really push my page just yet , not enough fans to get a unique URL.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/dediserve/118395291527634?ref=ts

What's the general view of having a fanpage? has it lead to sales is it worth the effort of keeping it up to date and engaging?

Anyone else up for a link swap?! PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I launched a business with my friend this month (www.quickslick.net). Our website seems to be getting a modest amount of hits but our facebook fan page is sorely lacking. Could you 'like' us on there? Its much appreciated!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/QuickSlick#!/pages/QuickSlick/104002779655053?ref=sgm

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Our website seems to be getting a modest amount of hits but our facebook fan page is sorely lacking.
    Given that you work in web design, you should probably look at producing a landing page (check out the static fbml application) for your business page. Done right, it should help up the conversion rate when someone stumbles across your business page (landing directly on the wall seldom gives a non fan a clear idea of exactly what you do in order to make a decision on whether to like or not).

• Advertisement

Have given my friends a rest from loads of suggestions, so am now ready for more! Looking for someone with about 600 Irish friends.

Pop your link down and I'll suggest! ;)

Have given my friends a rest from loads of suggestions, so am now ready for more! Looking for someone with about 600 Irish friends.

Pop your link down and I'll suggest! ;)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/QuickSlick/104002779655053?ref=sgm

Me please!

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Me please!

How many Facebook friends do you have?

How many Facebook friends do you have?

Ok feck it lets go for it! I have 600 or something, so you will milk it, but happy days!

My page is:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/AMP-Sound-Systems/156567775603?ref=ts

Just follow the instructions on the very first post.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Done! Cheers!

Just did yours too! Let me know how many new fans you get!

And thanks very much

Just did yours too! Let me know how many new fans you get!

And thanks very much

Anytime, think I got you 8 more fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jillyf

I have like everyone that has posted a link up and here is my link too.
    http://www.facebook.com/Greencuriosityshop

I have found it hard going getting fans but am running a competition now as suugested by friend who managed to get over 1000 new likes by doing one herself so that has helped a bit. It is an idea if you are up to doing a competition or some other type of incentive.

• Advertisement

Hi JillyF

I like the idea of a competition Ill try the same myself and see how it goes.

Have a good and safe bank holiday week end to all.

Advertisement