Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Brillian show by AC/DC..well worth the soaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Mate of mine in work came out of the closet today...He's a Gooner, so I couldn't have been happier for him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Ha Ha random, i went tomsee bill bailey in the olympia last weeend. Even though i was sick as a dog amd sober out and never even seen him before i thought he was simply class. I'd recommend anyone go and see him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

This is as random as it gets but it truly made me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Finally made it home from my mate's wedding in Tallinn which was on Saturday.

One of the lads nearly collapsed on Monday on our way through Copenhagen Airport, puking blood and sweating like a paedo in a Barney suit. Got him admitted to hospital, turns out he has a tear in his stomach which was exacerbated by the weekend on the piss.

Had to travel to Hamburg and fly from there, I am bolloxed.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

You might like this one lads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwE_CrjxahI

Hatch99 wrote: »

Very good towards the end :D

Love this:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Can someone explain this anti-blasphemy law or point me to the right forum where I might learn more about it? From what I've heard, it sounds like a huge blow to free speech.

Very good:D

• Advertisement

Lads, feel free to use this thread for general stuff. Please read the OP, same rules apply. Any questions, give me a shout. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Remember this time last year well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I don't understand how I feel about this?! It's surreal....

It's Curracloe Beach..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No expense spared on the auld video thats for sure.

Bizarre to see him standing there but the tune and video are oddly engaging.

I often wondered where this thread had gone.;)

tippspur wrote: »
    I often wondered where this thread had gone.;)

seek and ye shall find ;)

Are millwall fans really that bad? In any Footy hooliganism film it's always the feared millwall fans are the big villains.

ziedth wrote: »
    Are millwall fans really that bad? In any Footy hooliganism film it's always the feared millwall fans are the big villains.

Years ago, they would have been quite bad, although a lot of that is a thing of the passed. In saying that there is still a bit of it out there, sure look what happened at wembley last week !

ziedth wrote: »

I've been to a few hairy places (almost made Cardiff except for flight problems) but I would not go to The New Den.

They are still very active, it's just that being lower league they don't get the coverage that a PL side would get.

The Championship has some proper ding dong meet ups this year, Millwall, West Ham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds, Leicester, and Pompey all very active, and Coventry, Palace and Derby aren't far behind.

I've been to a few hairy places (almost made Cardiff except for flight problems) but I would not go to The New Den.

They are still very active, it's just that being lower league they don't get the coverage that a PL side would get.

The Championship has some proper ding dong meet ups this year, Millwall, West Ham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds, Leicester, and Pompey all very active, and Coventry, Palace and Derby aren't far behind.

I have heard of them 'visitng' the home teams pub etc to say hello... but are the 'meet ups' still going on yeah ?

• Advertisement

I have heard of them 'visitng' the home teams pub etc to say hello... but are the 'meet ups' still going on yeah ?

Absolutely.

Sure one of our top boys drinks in the C&H and I nearly got dragged into some nefarious activity before West Ham away a few seasons ago by him and a few of his firm :D

Absolutely.

Sure one of our top boys drinks in the C&H and I nearly got dragged into some nefarious activity before West Ham away a few seasons ago by him and a few of his firm :D

Nefarious = word of the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jerryDyid

Absolutely.

not having a pop at you therecklessone (you've earned your spurs home & away) but don't mention pub's :eek:
    the said pub is frequented by a lot of the old school who grew up on the manor and like to have a pint in peace and quiet after being around the corner watching the pole dancer's :D
    why do you think the mong's from N5 tried it on a couple years ago and ended up going shopping in sainsbury's instead

jerryDyid wrote: »
    not having a pop at you therecklessone (you've earned your spurs home & away) but don't mention pub's :eek:
    the said pub is frequented by a lot of the old school who grew up on the manor and like to have a pint in peace and quiet after being around the corner watching the pole dancer's :D
    why do you think the mong's from N5 tried it on a couple years ago and ended up going shopping in sainsbury's instead

I can count on maybe two hands the amount of people who post on this entire site and know what pub I am talking about in that post.

Failing that C and T on the door can handle themselves.

p.s. I was one of the first in the door after the Herd Yoof went to top up their Nectar Points that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

C and T, Gentlemen

C and T, Gentlemen

Indeed mate. First chance this season to say hello to them tomorrow, looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Indeed mate. First chance this season to say hello to them tomorrow, looking forward to it :D

jealous as fcuk, enjoy mate

well done Dublin, delighted for the lads, hope mullo is still in one piece :D

well done Dublin, delighted for the lads, hope mullo is still in one piece :D
    Congrats to the Tipp minors also,great performance today:)

• Advertisement

I assume you all saw Torres miss today. What do ya think? Worst ever premier league miss? I remember a certain Milenko Acimovic missed an absolute sitter for us (against Ipswich maybe?) a good few years ago. that was the worst I had scene but I think Torres has it now.

Advertisement