Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bouncy Castle related arm/leg burns

Options
  • 02-06-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

First off, love the forum.

On Sunday last, with the weather as great as it was, I was supervising some youngsters on a set of bouncy castles.

Needless to say myself and a few other adults felt obliged to hop in on the fun ourselves, and race each other through those blow up obstacle courses, down the slides, and play catch with a tennis ball while bouncing up and down.

Long story short, due to the bouncy castle material and it's contact with skin, some friction burns resulted. Both my arms now have large welts by the elbows. Luckily enough I was in tracksuit bottoms so my legs are largely unscathed, but others weren't so lucky.

Anyone got any ideas as to how to avoid this (without having to resort to long sleeves in this jubilant weather)? All suggestions to creams/ vaselines etc warmly accepted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just add water? :P
    Nah, see long pants n stuff are needed to prevent the friction burns, as I was saying to others, wearing a bikini is not good in the bouncy castle. Use aloe vera after you hurt yourself or arnica cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Pour lots of baby oil over the bouncy castle.

No more friction burns and lots of fun. :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Industrial quantities of KY jelly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Zaph wrote: »
    Industrial quantities of KY jelly
    Mind the splinters..!

Oh yeah, that was just me...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was back in work today so I decided to tell my colleagues about the bouncy castle I was on over the weekend. They started listing off all the injuries they, and their friends, had received on a bouncy castle. Mainly bruising, to be fair.

They obviously have not mastered the art of bouncing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I had a strained muscle until I used a bouncy castle.
    It fixes people too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Sparky wrote: »
    It fixes people too

It sure does...I thought I was too old for a BC until I saw my mother-in-law try summersault in one.:eek:.(some of the kids still need therapy after that) ..now, whenever I see one I'm nearly the first one in....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

I work doing Bouncing Castles & Marquees full time, Some of the injurys we have seen is unbelievable & they all happen from doing something we state when leaving the castle there not to do..

We have big obstacle courses & we left it in a house party & instructed that there should be adults supervising it at all times, & they are not to try go backwards through it (up the slide and back into the castle) or should they be hanging out of walls or up on top of them etc..

We hadnt left the house 10 mins before there was a ambulance called, A young 10year old girl had fallen from the wall of the castle & broken her shoulder. this wouldnt of happened if they followed what we told them & also insurance you may have to cover the castle during the day does not cover it for misuse of the bouncing castle, obstacle course / superslide if the insurance company finds out ;)

Just sharing my story :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dazzzz

Hi, saw your post and thought you would be good for some advice. i am setting up a bouncy castle company and would appreciate some advice in what type of castles, quality, etc to take note of when purchasing?
    Thanks Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Minniee

I was on a bouncy castle and i recieved a broken ankle and 7burns on my legs and arms,
    Needed an operation to fix my leg.
    To be honest i think bouncy castles should be banned.
    But really i enjoy them way too much!
    Im undecided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

Minniee wrote: »
    I was on a bouncy castle and i recieved a broken ankle and 7burns on my legs and arms,
    Needed an operation to fix my leg.
    To be honest i think bouncy castles should be banned.
    But really i enjoy them way too much!
    Im undecided

Sorry to hear what happened you.
    may i ask how did you manage to do that? & was it from not using the bouncing castle in the correct way it actually should be, for bouncing & not silly tricks, on walls, jumping down the middle of a superslide etc.. ?

Advertisement