Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Immigrants" in Ireland?

• 19-10-2011 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Didn't quite know where to post this one, but;
    Im a Norwegian from Oslo with a family; my husband and our daughter. We are a wealthy family and consider moving to Ireland, just because it seems like a wonderful country.

I've heard that the irish people is not very happy over people from other communities moving to Ireland, but thats just gossip from my friend.

So irish people out there; how are the general irish people to white "immigrants" who are catholics and wealthy, who dont move to Ireland to make money and move back to their own country but because they think Ireland's a nice country?

Our whole family is speaking english.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Cazinoo wrote: »
    Im a Norwegian from Oslo with a family; my husband and our daughter. We are a wealthy family and consider moving to Ireland, just because it seems like a wonderful country.

I've heard that the irish people is not very happy over people from other communities moving to Ireland, but thats just gossip from my friend.

So irish people out there; how are the general irish people to white "immigrants" who are catholics and wealthy, who dont move to Ireland to make money and move back to their own country but because they think Ireland's a nice country?

Ireland is a great country, especially with tourists, congrats on your wealth but like every country there is good and bad but obviously your a smart person you will obviuosly know that but i suggest if you are considering moving to Ireland choose your area try holiday there or live in a b&b in that area that you like and try work it that way as you will see the place for what it is really like rather than talking to a agency. I personally have the utmost respect for norwegians as you are a great people. I would do things that way also read up on jobs and work and our economy before you take a plung like you are thinking because you wealthy might be a thing of the past if our economy doesn't suit you and your wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Why not just come for an extended holiday, maybe a month and try to see as much of the place as you can, engage with the people you meet and judge for yourself, it's a good thing that your wealthy though because,as is tradition here in Ireland,we like to rip people off and take as much of their money as is possible.

The fact that your wealthy white catholics shouldn't make it any more or less of an advantage to you.

Personally, I think your mad! I wouldn't come here to live!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

i hope these replys answer your question as it is basically the same answer from two different views. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Libra1

As a teacher I can say ull be fine. Depends on where live... Any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭EKClarke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yah come on over, even though we have to pay more tax now we are still one of the more lightly taxed countries in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Am I the only skeptic here?
    pull the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

You will be treated very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

condra wrote: »
    You will be treated very well.

Thats just the kind of detailed info the OP was waiting to hear......15 months later is better late than never :D

Advertisement