Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Sticky-Thread Links. Customs, Import Duty, Paypal, Laser, etc, READ THIS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Greyhound_

Hi, I have found a phone on amazon.com with exact specs I need (not available in Europe). The price is ok and I am just a click away from making the purchase. Cost is approx. e1000. One thing is that amazon.com does not mention any duty charges (which amazon.co.uk adds to the basket payment automatically).

Question, is there a duty to be charged at some point? in what amount? Is it gonna be drawn automatically from my cc or do I need to make a deal with Revenue directly or do I need to pay by some other means?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Amazon usually charge a import duty deposit to you if they are sending it direct to your Irish address

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bump

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement