02-03-2021, 20:12   #6136
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post
Looks like they've gone down another cul-de-sac. Reverse gear incoming.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/po...points-3151040
Francie quoting the Newsletter. The world definitely is couped 😂
Advertisement
02-03-2021, 20:30   #6137
FrancieBrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by downcow View Post
Francie quoting the Newsletter. The world definitely is couped ��
It would be hard even for the Newsletter to spin the fact he is about to be smacked on the arse and told to do his job and what he was told.
(2) thanks from:
02-03-2021, 21:47   #6138
RobMc59

Quote:
Patronising stuff. But it is good to know how our neighbours sees us. So much for equals!
It seems not all NI's neighbours think the same as this link suggests.

"Police Scotland concerned about 'loyalist sentiment' as result of Brexit | The Scotsman" https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...it-3150733?amp
02-03-2021, 22:09   #6139
BonnieSituation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMc59 View Post
It seems not all NI's neighbours think the same as this link suggests.

"Police Scotland concerned about 'loyalist sentiment' as result of Brexit | The Scotsman" https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...it-3150733?amp
Should Police Scotland not be concerned? Is that what you are saying?
02-03-2021, 22:20   #6140
RobMc59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieSituation View Post
Should Police Scotland not be concerned? Is that what you are saying?
Yes,the thought of a bunch of angry Scots is a cause for concern for everyone.
Advertisement
02-03-2021, 22:28   #6141
FrancieBrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMc59 View Post
Yes,the thought of a bunch of angry Scots is a cause for concern for everyone.
They're angry in Tuvalu too.
03-03-2021, 00:00   #6142
Fionn1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post
They're angry in Tuvalu too.
A few in the Vatican outraged by it too apparently...
03-03-2021, 06:01   #6143
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieSituation View Post
Stop answering questions with questions.

Just answer the question straight up. Your refusal to do so speaks volumes

What's stopping you attending your local MPs constituency office to make representations?
For those of you who have struggled to understand why unionists would be unable to use their local MPs constituency office in South Down due to it being named after two local sectarian murderers, maybe this will help.
He (Chris Hazard MP) has now tweeted his support for China and in particular his solidarity with President Xi.
Here is Amnesty International's Patrick Corrigan tweeted response "#Solidarity with the Uighur and Kazakh Muslims of Xinjiang, a million of whom have been put in mass internment camps for 're-education' at Xi’s direction."
Maybe he will put his name up on the office as well. The president Xi SF Advice Centre. It would be very fitting

A leopard doesn’t change its spots. It’s not that long since SF/IRA were re-educating people in dark rooms in Belfast and forests along the border.

Last edited by downcow; 03-03-2021 at 06:13.
03-03-2021, 09:10   #6144
Fionn1952

Quote:
For those of you who have struggled to understand why unionists would be unable to use their local MPs constituency office in South Down due to it being named after two local sectarian murderers, maybe this will help.
He (Chris Hazard MP) has now tweeted his support for China and in particular his solidarity with President Xi.
Here is Amnesty International's Patrick Corrigan tweeted response "#Solidarity with the Uighur and Kazakh Muslims of Xinjiang, a million of whom have been put in mass internment camps for 're-education' at Xi’s direction."
Maybe he will put his name up on the office as well. The president Xi SF Advice Centre. It would be very fitting

A leopard doesn’t change its spots. It’s not that long since SF/IRA were re-educating people in dark rooms in Belfast and forests along the border.
Not quite, Downcow. He tweeted regarding China's efforts to end absolute poverty (this is recognised by the UN, certainly room for debate on the matter, but too off topic to address in this thread). That being said even without your exaggeration, the tweet made me feel very uncomfortable. He does seem to praise Xi's efforts in the tweet, but one without your agenda would most likely read his #solidarity with regards to ending poverty rather than solidarity with Xi. Looking at his Twitter, he seems to have a track record of tweeting in solidarity of the people of various places.

It was an incredibly ill advised, ignorant post which is worth criticising, so I don't see why the need to exaggerate or put spin on it; it is already pretty unpleasant.

In general, it would be better to provide a link to the tweet along with your commentary, I've done so below.

https://twitter.com/ChrisHazzardSF/s...493923843?s=19

I've no idea what his play is here...is it just generic support of anything left wing?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-03-2021, 10:01   #6145
FrancieBrady

Just for balance, the Irish News now reporting on Lyons trip up another cul-de-sac.

https://twitter.com/irish_news/statu...34085017870337
03-03-2021, 10:32   #6146
FrancieBrady

What could possibly be the reason for this?

https://twitter.com/DannyDonnelly1/s...44312874307585

One wonders how close to the truth this comment is?:

They know 1 empty shelf in a Poundshop won't sway them
Thanks from:
03-03-2021, 10:36   #6147
Kermit.de.frog

Nothing to see. That's why.
Thanks from:
04-03-2021, 08:10   #6148
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit.de.frog View Post
Nothing to see. That's why.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/loyalist-paramilitary-groups-withdraw-support-for-belfast-agreement-1.4500982%3fmode=amp

This was inevitable since Roi encouraged Eu to tear up the gfa.
I appreciate the LCCs desire for non violence but unfortunately the unionist community has watched Roi pm use the threat of republican violence work for them.

The one thing I agree 100% with them is that the unionist community should be clear that the gfa no longer has its support due to the breaches by Roi I say that as someone who took serious abuse from within my community for voting yes to it 20 years ago. I, like david Trimble, feel betrayed by Roi

#edit. I have reflected on this and what is interesting for me is that my anger is absolutely not against the ordinary nationalist people in NI, the EU or the UK, rather it is fair and square against the Roi. They are the ones manipulated the Eu etc with the threats of violence (and of course the Sf leadership)

Last edited by downcow; 04-03-2021 at 08:32.
04-03-2021, 09:02   #6149
grayzer75

Quote:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/loyalist-paramilitary-groups-withdraw-support-for-belfast-agreement-1.4500982%3fmode=amp

This was inevitable since Roi encouraged Eu to tear up the gfa.
I appreciate the LCCs desire for non violence but unfortunately the unionist community has watched Roi pm use the threat of republican violence work for them.

The one thing I agree 100% with them is that the unionist community should be clear that the gfa no longer has its support due to the breaches by Roi I say that as someone who took serious abuse from within my community for voting yes to it 20 years ago. I, like david Trimble, feel betrayed by Roi

#edit. I have reflected on this and what is interesting for me is that my anger is absolutely not against the ordinary nationalist people in NI, the EU or the UK, rather it is fair and square against the Roi. They are the ones manipulated the Eu etc with the threats of violence (and of course the Sf leadership)
Yeah it's the ROI's fault that Boris shafted the DUP in the negotiations and stuck a border down the sea - if only people could have seen it coming, oh wait.......... The DUP were gloating when they were backing Boris but were the only ones not to realise that Boris or his mates couldn't give a flying f**k about the north. But as you say it's the ROI's fault for protecting the majority on the island

Loyalists are upset due to the disruption of their drug network with extra checks at the ports. All their 'members' will have to stump up more cash in weekly dues to keep the boys at the top in their cushy lifestyles.
(3) thanks from:
04-03-2021, 09:03   #6150
Annd9

Ah yes the country who warned and warned that Brexit has no good outcomes for NI is solely to blame for the current situation ..... Hilarious !
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion