Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ms G - Donegal catch battered cod and chips. Mrs G - a WW meal.

Me - I prepped a big burger earlier. Just salt and pepper. Gonna pan fry it and serve with mash and garden peas. Bought a Tiramisu in Aldi today, so I reckon a slice of that will be dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Rib steak burger wrapped in a rasher with cheese melted onto it courtesy of Aldi. Must say I’m enjoying trying out Aldi’s meats :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Owner gave me cookie with java. Yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭global23214124

Spuds, sausages and rashers. Not the most healthy but had to finish off the fry stuff from the weekend without it going to waste.

The dinner of was delish. Homemade burger, mash, garden peas and gravy. The Aldi dessert was even better. A big slice of Tiramisu and a glass of milk.

Tiramisu.jpg

• Advertisement

Burgers all round this evening with chunky chips. Various fillings, but mine had lettuce, tomato and onion. Burger was around the 6oz mark.

GOPR0073.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Burger (spicy venison stuffed with cheddar, and cheddar on top) and chips here too.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Burger (spicy venison stuffed with cheddar, and cheddar on top) and chips here too.

You never mentioned the Bulmers. I've opened a Tuborg.:D Some Tiramisu left. Box said four portions. I've had two already, so one left.:pac:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You never mentioned the Bulmers. I've opened a Tuborg.:D Some Tiramisu left. Box said four portions. I've had two already, so one left.:pac:

Some things are best left unmentioned, like the vodka and cranberry juice I'm having now.

Or the half a banoffee pie that was chilling in the fridge that a certain teenage son mangled in one sitting on his own in the kitchen yesterday afternoon and left his poor father eating Jive bars for his dessert after a hard days work.

He's one lucky boy there was ton's of ateing in that lamb shank dinner.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Bought myself a new Merc E220, first thing I did was stop at a chipper for 2 Hotdogs and a Doner Kebab... <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Neg10

Lads I’ve such a want on me for spotted dick and custard. Can ya still get spotted dick?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Places order for Grandeeod burger.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Fathom wrote: »

Get in queue!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Get in queue!
    Lines up. Socially distanced. Double masked. Pats foot.

Steak and kidney pie tonight :)

Apple pie and custard for dessert :)

Apple pie. Yum.

Get in queue!

A decent burger alright lads. Better than the Whopper. You just can't beat a homemade burger pan fried with raw veg. The hot meat and crunchy feel is so good. Jaysus I'd love another one now.:eek:

Vicariously licks lips after imagining a bite of a Grandeeod burger.

The last of the Tiramisu is gone, Bed time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Boiled egg sambo
    Made in panini press

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I got a club sandwich from the Deli.
    I lost 5kg but need to lose more. Have been ill and unable to eat much. When I feel better I will treat myself to a take away.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I ordered some of these. Will be ready for pick up today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL62XSag07f/

Barrel Aged Amaretto Chocolate Cheesecake Stout.
    8.75% Alc/vol. so and more than one in a sitting is a waste.

Cod and chips with the little extras and a couple of queen cakes baked by the young lad with a bit of fresh cream for dessert.

Had deli fish salad. Bad news. Now running to-and-from WC.

Bean and cheese enchilada from Aldi with added cheddar and dried ancho.

aYxskXJ.jpg

Love enchiladas!

Love enchiladas!

I really have to start making my own again.

Any recommendations for a good store bought enchilada sauce?
    I see Old El Paso have one, but I have not tried it.
    The online recipes look OK, but a bit basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Old el Paso kit is ok. You get a spice sachet and a thick tomato sauce. I find it's very messy though and hard to clean up after. It's not that bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I was just looking at a website called Gimmeyouroven (can't get that song out of my head now!) and there's an enchilada sauce recipe im eager to try. There's a red one and a green one. If i make it tomorrow evening ill take a picture and report back here :)

Shop bought, im pretty sure ive tried the El Paso one but can't remember what its like so thats probably not a great sign!

• Advertisement

Apple and Madeira pie :)

Advertisement