Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Does anybody if there is insurance with AP

My problem is : Initially AP refused to transport my parcel (computer battery) when it arrived at their depot from Amazon.
    I then arranged to have it returned to Amazon for a refund but it must be back in Amazon by 6th march.
    (Labels for return were forwarded to AP)

It is now stuck in Heathrow since 18th Feb. and, I don't know which way it is going,
    ie. back to Amazon or on to me.

The address label shown after AP took their €6.50 does show my address.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Why would their insurance matter? You tried to ship something that is on their prohibited list and they returned it. Only thing you would be due is your 6.50 back.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Why would their insurance matter? You tried to ship something that is on their prohibited list and they returned it. Only thing you would be due is your 6.50 back.

My problem is I don't know where it is and, if it is not at Amazon by 6th I am at a loss.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    My problem is I don't know where it is and, if it is not at Amazon by 6th I am at a loss.

I don't see AddressPal covering that. They are not going to take responsibility for returning something that is clearly prohibited on their terms and conditions.

I don't see AddressPal covering that. They are not going to take responsibility for returning something that is clearly prohibited on their terms and conditions.

I was unaware of the AP restriction on laptop batteries as, I had previously bought one from the UK via an post normal service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

bassy wrote: »
    an post is it not 6.50

Unfortunately there is a handling fee of €3.50 with any VAT charges AS WELL AS the Addresspal fee which is €6.50 from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Got a "your package has been sorted" email. Moving again finally.

Presume they don't do Sunday deliveries, think that's just Amazon.

Got a "your package has been sorted" email. Moving again finally.

Presume they don't do Sunday deliveries, think that's just Amazon.

Likewise today, mine is showing in Dublin sorting office so, maybe arrive tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

As a matter of interest.... do you HAVE to get tier package delivered to your house. Can it continue to be the local post office

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Masala wrote: »
    As a matter of interest.... do you HAVE to get tier package delivered to your house. Can it continue to be the local post office

However, once the parcel has been processed we will let you know by email or text and you will then have the option to redirect your parcel to any of the following:

A Post Office/Collection Point
    A Parcel Locker
    A neighbour
    A safe place
    Or select an alternative date for delivery

This will apply for UK and USA AddressPal items.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Shellie

Success, parcels are arriving!

One came this morn that arrived to AddressPal UK on 22nd (7 days ago), I got a notification and paid customs charge on Feb 26th and it arrived today Mar 1. It had been opened by customs for valuation and tapped closed again with AddressPal tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Mine received too. No customs charges, but wasn't a commercial product so hard to value. Just glad it's here after all the time missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Hi there ,

Apologies I'm sure this is the kind of question been asked a 100 times here but I am still in a bit of confusion.

My understanding was that addresspal for items bought in UK changed so that it was now home delivery only and that it was increasing in price to something like €6.50 with a €3.50 euro on post customs handling charge so €10 approx for items below a certain value until sometime in June where something changes in some way.

So bit surprised when I got the email for an item that cost me £28 total including shipping to Hatfield where I was charged another €10 on top of the above addresspal charges (Vat of 7 and another customs handling charge of 3) to release the item. This is strange to me as I have not had to pay this for items that arrived over last few weeks and were opened by customs but that cost a lot more than this latest item that I was charged for here

Where is my understanding faulty here or has something changed? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭muinteoir09

My US parcel arrived this morning! Got the text last night to say it was in Dublin and then delivered 12 hours later.

So, from paying the customs fee (which, happily was a lot less than I had expected as the item was valued at <50% of its actual value) on Friday night, things moved very quickly. Overall, less than three weeks from the original company shipping to my receiving, with nearly two of those due to the backlog/glitch issue.

All in all, not a bad first experience with the AddressPal US service.

Hi there ,

Apologies I'm sure this is the kind of question been asked a 100 times here but I am still in a bit of confusion.

My understanding was that addresspal for items bought in UK changed so that it was now home delivery only and that it was increasing in price to something like €6.50 with a €3.50 euro on post customs handling charge so €10 approx for items below a certain value until sometime in June where something changes in some way.

So bit surprised when I got the email for an item that cost me £28 total including shipping to Hatfield where I was charged another €10 on top of the above addresspal charges (Vat of 7 and another customs handling charge of 3) to release the item. This is strange to me as I have not had to pay this for items that arrived over last few weeks and were opened by customs but that cost a lot more than this latest item that I was charged for here

Where is my understanding faulty here or has something changed? Thanks

Brexit changes

Also:Import VAT/Duty

Looks like you got lucky with previous ones.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Seems like they are getting their act together with parcels from the US. Mine left New Jersey Addresspal depot on the 23rd of Feb. and this evening i got an email from Customs with money due.
    They under valued the item by half so only ended up paying 21 euros. Saved myself around 90 euros overall compared to buying the item in UK or Europe.

My parcel arrived today . Having been in Heathrow since 18th Feb and, in spite of AP telling me they would not deliver it and ,requesting label to return it to sender.

Generally messing me about .

( Post 3998)

It was only my second time using Address Pal --but my last.

Question,

Since Brexit has effected online shopping back in January all of my addresspal items have arrived opened and resealed with addresspal tape. I assume they are double checking the value etc.

Is this just for Addresspal though ? If I were to not use addresspal and just pay for international shipping from UK to Ireland would an post or dpd or whoever still open the parcel when they get it?

I'm looking at ordering some lab stuff that needs to be kept sterile so id prefer if the parcel wasn't opened and poked around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Question,

Since Brexit has effected online shopping back in January all of my addresspal items have arrived opened and resealed with addresspal tape. I assume they are double checking the value etc.

Is this just for Addresspal though ? If I were to not use addresspal and just pay for international shipping from UK to Ireland would an post or dpd or whoever still open the parcel when they get it?

I'm looking at ordering some lab stuff that needs to be kept sterile so id prefer if the parcel wasn't opened and poked around in.

If the proper documentation for export showing contents cost and vat, is on the outside of the parcel I'd say it wont be opened.

I suppose the problem with addresspal stuff is the seller is only sending it to a UK address.

Question,

Customs can open anything. Once it is correctly labelled and an invoice attached you have a better chance of it going through unopened, but no guarantees. Addresspal have to check the contents for value and prohibited as it is going into the belly hold of passenger planes.

• Advertisement

Customs can open anything. Once it is correctly labelled and an invoice attached you have a better chance of it going through unopened, but no guarantees. Addresspal have to check the contents for value and prohibited as it is going into the belly hold of passenger planes.

So basically with addresspal it is guaranteed it will be opened but the other routes possibly not as long as all the correct labels are attached

So basically with addresspal it is guaranteed it will be opened but the other routes possibly not as long as all the correct labels are attached

It's in AddressPal's T&Cs, so you may take it that it will be opened. It's opened by AddressPal London or New Jersey, btw. Customs can open anything once it arrives into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Between me and my brother in the past week. 9 items , every single one has been massively over valued. Invoices are in every single package. UK to UK post doesnt require a value on package, so senders have put invoice inside the package.

This service has to turned into an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭patrickspicture

hi. i ordered stuff from America using addresspal and also had customs value my stuff at a way higher price then what was in the box.
    I am posting to this thread to explain what is happening. apologies if this was already put somewhere else, this thread is huge and i didn't look through the whole thing.
    when i received my package the declare value of the products was correct but when i added the price of shipping to the declared value on the package it came to the value customs was charging me.
    this is all perfectly legal with normal post, the problem is using addresspal we paid irish vat when we paid for an post to deliver our package to us. so an post is charging vat to everyone twice on the same purchase. once when they receive our package in new jersey or england and a second time when it goes through customs.

i am going to put in a complaint to an post about this. i tried email the ecomm people but the just tried to misdirect me and fob me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Mailed them last week but haven't heard anything yet.

Stopped following this thread but just to update on my experience with the ecomm query AddressPal. I mailed on the 14th of January and was advised on the 26th of January to supply details, I responded with evidence of the misevaluation of the items I ordered (invoice from website and screenshot of bank charge). I got a response to say my query was being investigated.

Today (3rd of March) I finally got a response to say that a refund is being processed. No actual details of the refund amount or anything just advising I'm getting a refund. I estimate around €17 I should get back, to be honest I wouldn't be bothered to claim it for a small amount like that in the future but just so people know you can get a refund, albeit it takes forever.

I'll be avoiding AddressPal for the foreseeable future anyway as I just have no confidence in them. Would rather pay extra for direct delivery or just avoid mail forwarding altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Ordered something that got delivered to AddressPal UK on February 10th

It spent 3 weeks waiting for assessment of customs duties....resulting in no duties payable

Finally received it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 agzr

Addresspal seems to have gone the opposite direction for me. Usually nothing but problems until today!

UK order that was tracked, arrived in their UK hub yesterday morning and had an email and tracking number that afternoon. Order was worth £50, they valued at £15. So no customs to pay there!

US order also tracked, arrived into Englishtown hub yesterday afternoon and had an email and tracking number this afternoon. Order worth $100, valued at $9.99. Again, no customs.

Hopefully not a fluke and long may this continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

agzr wrote: »
    Addresspal seems to have gone the opposite direction for me. Usually nothing but problems until today!

UK order that was tracked, arrived in their UK hub yesterday morning and had an email and tracking number that afternoon. Order was worth £50, they valued at £15. So no customs to pay there!

US order also tracked, arrived into Englishtown hub yesterday afternoon and had an email and tracking number this afternoon. Order worth $100, valued at $9.99. Again, no customs.

Hopefully not a fluke and long may this continue!

I've had 3 things checked in last night that were completely undervalued so no customs. Happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Hi all,

I have purchased an item from a UK seller in February using Address Pal as the forwarding service due to the seller not shipping to Ireland.

All my 4 deliveries have been successful but 1.

The UK sellers courier is Yodel which delivered the parcel successfully to Address Pals London Depo, I contacted Yodel and they said it was signed by ADDPAL this was on the 10 of February.

On the 16th of February the item was marked as delivered but I never got it, the reason why I am only checking it now is I expected a delay with customs in shipping and was waiting for it to arrive but after waiting so long I decided to check.

I contacted An Post and all they can tell me it was delivered and that’s it, yes your parcel was delivered I told them it wasn’t I never received it well it’s delivered.

Here is the below history of the parcel, I am suspecting a neighbour had got it or it was left at the front door and went missing. I don’t have neighbours who would steal parcels that I know of but I have had this situation of either the post man leaving the parcel at the door or giving it to a random neighbour.

I am not sure what I can do now.

16 February 2021 09:24
    We delivered your post
    16 February 2021 07:21
    Your post is out for delivery
    16 February 2021 00:49
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery
    14 February 2021 22:10
    Your delivery has been sorted PARK WEST, DUBLIN 12
    14 February 2021 10:02
    Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12
    14 February 2021 09:16
    We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12
    10 February 2021 14:20
    We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get a ring or eufy doorbell or similar, at least in future you would know.

Was it signed for, if not ask why not unless under the covid they're going to use that as an excuse.

Advertisement