23-02-2021, 14:45   #1651
Sam Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyatemu View Post
what's the story with batteries - I was looking at spare batteries for power tools, all not available for shipping to Ireland which is what I expected. But you can order items that have batteries in them, like phones, tablets etc...
I have the same problem with Dyson batteries. 'Not available for shipment to Ireland' from UK or DE.

Wtf is going on?
Advertisement
23-02-2021, 15:18   #1652
whiterebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Russell View Post
I have the same problem with Dyson batteries. 'Not available for shipment to Ireland' from UK or DE.

Wtf is going on?
Lithium Ion batteries are hazardous on aircraft. Amazon seem to go with this, despite moving most of their products by truck. This has been a problem for quite a while. Dyson.ie ship parts from Dublin.
24-02-2021, 12:24   #1653
og2k7

Quote:

Wtf is going on?
Always been like this (or for a very long time). I wanted to buy a Ring replacement battery and wont ship to IE. I think it has to do with how dangerous batteries can get (self combustion etc) (plus seen somewhere on the courier's website that only that many battery/battery products are allowed in a shipment (per pallet or something along the lines). An post never wanted to allow me to send phones to the UK (And its been like this for ages)

Look at .de or screwfix for powertools
24-02-2021, 13:11   #1654
Sheep Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfa1509 View Post
Are digital cameras subject to import fees?

I put this camera worth £1150 through to checkout to see how much of a scalping I'd get from customs but no import fees were given:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...KL5A1OLE&psc=1

Edit: On further inspection it appears cameras are duty free!:

Electronic goods such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game instruments are duty free

Now to get it in before Paschal the slippery snake puts my VAT back to 23
Odd - a gopro i was looking at had €60 if import duties added at the checkout. Luckily gopro had a deal on so bought direct (cheaper).
24-02-2021, 13:40   #1655
Sam Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by og2k7 View Post
Always been like this (or for a very long time). I wanted to buy a Ring replacement battery and wont ship to IE. I think it has to do with how dangerous batteries can get (self combustion etc) (plus seen somewhere on the courier's website that only that many battery/battery products are allowed in a shipment (per pallet or something along the lines). An post never wanted to allow me to send phones to the UK (And its been like this for ages)

Look at .de or screwfix for powertools
That sounds likely. How do they ship them though?
Advertisement
24-02-2021, 22:50   #1656
og2k7

Quote:
That sounds likely. How do they ship them though?
Not a clue: maybe they have some agreements or if you are a reputable business theres more flexibility. I might look into that now out of curiosity
25-02-2021, 23:31   #1657
bb12

trying to buy an item again which i bought around christmas but now no longer ships to ireland from amazon uk. searched all the other amazons and the only other one which had it in stock was amazon.nl. happy days...but as soon as i logged into .nl, suddenly the item was "currently unavailable". so much for being in the EU.
26-02-2021, 11:23   #1658
Sheep Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb12 View Post
trying to buy an item again which i bought around christmas but now no longer ships to ireland from amazon uk. searched all the other amazons and the only other one which had it in stock was amazon.nl. happy days...but as soon as i logged into .nl, suddenly the item was "currently unavailable". so much for being in the EU.
What item is it?
Thanks from:
28-02-2021, 08:50   #1659
xboxdad

I get items delivered within 3 days from ordering nowadays. It's getting back to normal it seems.
Advertisement
01-03-2021, 01:47   #1660
jos22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxdad View Post
I get items delivered within 3 days from ordering nowadays. It's getting back to normal it seems.
same ordered an item sunday had it delivered tuesday morning, and not in dublin either
Thanks from:
01-03-2021, 11:25   #1661
dam099

Yes seems to be improving all right. Ordered Friday night (late) and received mid-day Sunday. The expected delivery dates are still a little more conservative (that one had Monday so actual was a day ahead of that) but also much improved as well.
Thanks from:
01-03-2021, 20:51   #1662
Jim_Hodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam099 View Post
Yes seems to be improving all right. Ordered Friday night (late) and received mid-day Sunday. The expected delivery dates are still a little more conservative (that one had Monday so actual was a day ahead of that) but also much improved as well.
Absolutely better than it ever was for us. Not in Dublin, no Prime membership, and dispatched from UK - ordered Saturday afternoon and arrived this morning.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 17:15   #1663
SMC92Ian

Send a message via Skype™ to SMC92Ian
Had an item ship Thursday, arrived Saturday, not a prime member.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion