Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

READ SUMMARY IN POST 986 - Amazon.uk Post-Brexit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

So, has Amazon opened up an Irish warehouse or something? I ordered four different items (3 small and 1 big) at around 7pm on Friday 19/02/2021 and they arrived, today, Saturday 20/02/2021 at around 3PM. Makes me feel prime is worth it again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They have a small amount of popular items in stock in Dublin. A full DC is to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ordered some bike lights on Thursday, dispatched yesterday, arrived today. No VAT. I'm much more pro-Brexit now :pac:

L1011 wrote: »
    They have a small amount of popular items in stock in Dublin. A full DC is to follow.

Considering my items ranged from Vape Coils to a Weighted Blanket, I'd say they must have a wide range of stuff!

loyatemu wrote: »
    ordered some bike lights on Thursday, dispatched yesterday, arrived today. No VAT. I'm much more pro-Brexit now :pac:

I managed to pick up some monitor arms, a whole host of cables and a nice haul of vape coils with no VAT too. Yay for VAT holidays :D Anyone know how long it takes for import fee deposits to be refunded?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Smart watch straps and some swim socks ordered Thursday night....ordered within an hour of each other, delivered in one parcel with the VAT reduction on both today (Saturday). Looking at the order history, both came from the UK.

Prime is back to normal with the exception of sone things no longer being able to be shipped here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

VG31 wrote: »
    Bizarrely it seems that sellotape, packaging tape etc sold by Amazon will no longer ship here. Most things I can't reorder are food items but this makes no sense whatsoever.

They're back shipping here again. I've no idea why they stopped shipping tape here in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Smart watch straps and some swim socks ordered Thursday night....ordered within an hour of each other, delivered in one parcel with the VAT reduction on both today (Saturday). Looking at the order history, both came from the UK.

Prime is back to normal with the exception of sone things no longer being able to be shipped here.

I'm getting orders as quickly too but I'm not Prime. All qualify for free postage though,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Is the Baldonnel depot up and running now maybe?

Shemale wrote: »
    Is the Baldoyle depot up and running now maybe?

Don't know. All mine have been from Manchester.

• Advertisement

Shemale wrote: »
    Is the Baldoyle depot up and running now maybe?

Is at least 2 years away I think, hasn't been built yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

jos22 wrote: »
    no, the seller would only be required to refund the cost of the item.

Got the full refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Are digital cameras subject to import fees?

I put this camera worth £1150 through to checkout to see how much of a scalping I'd get from customs but no import fees were given:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06ZYCS62R/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Edit: On further inspection it appears cameras are duty free!:

Electronic goods such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game instruments are duty free

Now to get it in before Paschal the slippery snake puts my VAT back to 23

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That kit is only €60-70 more in Argos, although currently out of stock. At least you might have some protection buying in Ireland under consumer law. Have you tried on Hagglezon to see if the EU Amazon sites are any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Hi All.
    Do goods supplied by a third party seller but fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk come with Irish VAT paid like items sold and fulfilled by Amazon or are they subject to irish VAT and Customs and An post handling fee on arrival if valued at more than €22?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

what's the story with batteries - I was looking at spare batteries for power tools, all not available for shipping to Ireland which is what I expected. But you can order items that have batteries in them, like phones, tablets etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Car99 wrote:
    Hi All. Do goods supplied by a third party seller but fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk come with Irish VAT paid like items sold and fulfilled by Amazon or are they subject to irish VAT and Customs and An post handling fee on arrival if valued at more than €22?

Generally, Irish VAT is charged if the product is fulfilled by Amazon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

loyatemu wrote: »
    what's the story with batteries - I was looking at spare batteries for power tools, all not available for shipping to Ireland which is what I expected. But you can order items that have batteries in them, like phones, tablets etc...

I have the same problem with Dyson batteries. 'Not available for shipment to Ireland' from UK or DE.

Wtf is going on?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have the same problem with Dyson batteries. 'Not available for shipment to Ireland' from UK or DE.

Wtf is going on?

Lithium Ion batteries are hazardous on aircraft. Amazon seem to go with this, despite moving most of their products by truck. This has been a problem for quite a while. Dyson.ie ship parts from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Wtf is going on?

Always been like this (or for a very long time). I wanted to buy a Ring replacement battery and wont ship to IE. I think it has to do with how dangerous batteries can get (self combustion etc) (plus seen somewhere on the courier's website that only that many battery/battery products are allowed in a shipment (per pallet or something along the lines). An post never wanted to allow me to send phones to the UK (And its been like this for ages)

Look at .de or screwfix for powertools

• Advertisement

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Are digital cameras subject to import fees?

I put this camera worth £1150 through to checkout to see how much of a scalping I'd get from customs but no import fees were given:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06ZYCS62R/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Edit: On further inspection it appears cameras are duty free!:

Electronic goods such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game instruments are duty free

Now to get it in before Paschal the slippery snake puts my VAT back to 23

Odd - a gopro i was looking at had €60 if import duties added at the checkout. Luckily gopro had a deal on so bought direct (cheaper).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

og2k7 wrote: »
    Always been like this (or for a very long time). I wanted to buy a Ring replacement battery and wont ship to IE. I think it has to do with how dangerous batteries can get (self combustion etc) (plus seen somewhere on the courier's website that only that many battery/battery products are allowed in a shipment (per pallet or something along the lines). An post never wanted to allow me to send phones to the UK (And its been like this for ages)

Look at .de or screwfix for powertools

That sounds likely. How do they ship them though?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

That sounds likely. How do they ship them though?

Not a clue: maybe they have some agreements or if you are a reputable business theres more flexibility. I might look into that now out of curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bb12

trying to buy an item again which i bought around christmas but now no longer ships to ireland from amazon uk. searched all the other amazons and the only other one which had it in stock was amazon.nl. happy days...but as soon as i logged into .nl, suddenly the item was "currently unavailable". so much for being in the EU.

bb12 wrote: »
    trying to buy an item again which i bought around christmas but now no longer ships to ireland from amazon uk. searched all the other amazons and the only other one which had it in stock was amazon.nl. happy days...but as soon as i logged into .nl, suddenly the item was "currently unavailable". so much for being in the EU.

What item is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I get items delivered within 3 days from ordering nowadays. It's getting back to normal it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

xboxdad wrote: »
    I get items delivered within 3 days from ordering nowadays. It's getting back to normal it seems.

same ordered an item sunday had it delivered tuesday morning, and not in dublin either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Yes seems to be improving all right. Ordered Friday night (late) and received mid-day Sunday. The expected delivery dates are still a little more conservative (that one had Monday so actual was a day ahead of that) but also much improved as well.

dam099 wrote: »
    Yes seems to be improving all right. Ordered Friday night (late) and received mid-day Sunday. The expected delivery dates are still a little more conservative (that one had Monday so actual was a day ahead of that) but also much improved as well.

Absolutely better than it ever was for us. Not in Dublin, no Prime membership, and dispatched from UK - ordered Saturday afternoon and arrived this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Had an item ship Thursday, arrived Saturday, not a prime member. :D

Advertisement