Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camper Rental

• 23-11-2015 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

I have just purchased a campervan and want to enquire about the feasibility of renting it out as an extra earner.
    If I wanted to do everything above board, what would I need to have?
    Set up as a sole trader or ltd company?
    What insurances are required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 retsillacm

Alkers wrote: »
    I have just purchased a campervan and want to enquire about the feasibility of renting it out as an extra earner.
    If I wanted to do everything above board, what would I need to have?
    Set up as a sole trader or ltd company?
    What insurances are required?

Did you ever get started? I have a similar intention now also, and trying to figure out the insurance issues also. Not totally clear from online research so far - seems like Self Drive Hire insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

retsillacm wrote: »
    Did you ever get started? I have a similar intention now also, and trying to figure out the insurance issues also. Not totally clear from online research so far - seems like Self Drive Hire insurance?

Nah didn't get anywhere even close. Insurance will be s major stumbling block

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

Just stumbled across this post randomly. Try checking out https://www.outdoorsy.com/. I came across it when looking to rent a camper in NZ last year. I cant remember my account details at the time but I think there was a few irish listings on it. Not sure if the insurance is covered through the company or if you have to provide it for yourself though...

Advertisement