Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GLS

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hogzy wrote: »
    Im waiting for car parts from Poland.

9 Feb - Item Collected
    10 Feb - Item reached the Parcel Centre (Strykow Poland)
    11 Feb - Item reached the Parcel Centre (Neuenstein Germany)

Hasnt moved in 5 days and its stuck in Germany, I thought there might be a bit of efficiency with the German warehouses but no. :mad:

I ordered a new headset, when I placed the order on the 29th of jan it had a delivery time frame of 4/5th of feb with GLS. on 1/02, it left denmark, on 02/02 it scanned in germany. An hour later it scanned out of germany. On 03/03 it scanned back into germany and 1 minute later scanned back out. Still havent received it and no update from GLS when I contacted them a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Hogzy wrote: »
    Im waiting for car parts from Poland.

9 Feb - Item Collected
    10 Feb - Item reached the Parcel Centre (Strykow Poland)
    11 Feb - Item reached the Parcel Centre (Neuenstein Germany)

Hasnt moved in 5 days and its stuck in Germany, I thought there might be a bit of efficiency with the German warehouses but no. :mad:

Did you see the weather in Germany last week? - The country effectively closed down for nearly a week. Many major roads were closed, there were hundreds of crashes, trains stopped, airports closed - even cargo planes did not move

Weather also affected Netherlands.

Then they had to clear the backlog
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-weather-germany-idUSKBN2A928K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

silver2020 wrote: »
    Did you see the weather in Germany last week? - The country effectively closed down for nearly a week. Many major roads were closed, there were hundreds of crashes, trains stopped, airports closed - even cargo planes did not move

It arrived anyway yesterday, tracking still says its in Germany :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

silver2020 wrote: »

I wasnt aware that it was that bad over there :eek:

My parcel appears to have arrived this morning :) Just a pain that GLS could have had a warning on their website in relation to the delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Anyone experienced this when tracking their parcel before? It says the parcel has entered and left France CARVIN a few times :/

12/03/2021 08:01
    The parcel has reached the parcel center.

France CARVIN

12/03/2021 04:40

France CARVIN

12/03/2021 04:40
    The parcel has left the parcel center.

France CARVIN

11/03/2021 11:40

France CARVIN

10/03/2021 21:01

Netherlands

10/03/2021 21:01
    The parcel was handed over to GLS.

Netherlands

10/03/2021 16:29
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

Netherlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

I hope their tracking system is broken as mine seems to be going around in circles in France...

Date Time Country Depot Code Status
    01-04-2021 23:08 Netherlands Stein 0.0 The parcel was handed over to GLS.
    01-04-2021 23:18 Netherlands Wijchen 1.0 The parcel has left the parcel center.
    02-04-2021 04:14 Netherlands Hub Utrecht 2.0 The parcel has reached the parcel center.
    02-04-2021 04:15 Netherlands Hub Utrecht 46.0 Check scan normal
    06-04-2021 05:45 France Lille 1.0 The parcel has left the parcel center.
    06-04-2021 05:45 France Lille 2.0 The parcel has reached the parcel center.
    08-04-2021 04:10 France Lille 1.0 The parcel has left the parcel center.
    08-04-2021 04:10 France Lille 2.0 The parcel has reached the parcel center.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My parcel has supposedly been in Ireland since March 31st, no sign of it yet:

08.04.2021 08:06

Ireland

07.04.2021 10:02
    The parcel is stored in the parcel center to be delivered at a new delivery date.

Ireland

07.04.2021 08:10

Ireland

01.04.2021 08:14

Ireland

31.03.2021 17:43

Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Checked tracking on my parcel, says it was delivered today and signed for by me which is unlikely as I have been home all day and nothing arrived.
    Rang them and they said they can open a dispute with the driver which he must respond to within 3 days. Joke of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Parcelforce/GLS deliveries from UK recently? What are shipping times like? The item I want to buy is shipped without duty and I will have deal with GLS which doesn't fill me with much confidence. Is it a case of pay the driver at the door or can it be done online?

Advertisement