Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Learning to play Drums

Options
  • 14-02-2021 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for some good websites or you tube channels recommendations to learn to play drums from scratch?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭good vibes

Check out Steve White on you tube .. Learn your rudiments ! ..very important!
    Good luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Let your neighbours know what you are doing and keep up a firm level of communication with them.

It may not help, but .... they will forgive you long term.

Good luck and enjoy it. Try not to be tooooo structured. Drumming is a very natural thing, let your own rhythm rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Buy a book on rudiments like the one by Buddy Rich. Get a teacher.

I'm not a drummer, but i grew up in a family of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 uiolfg

I learned from video tutorials on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

uiolfg wrote: »
    I learned from video tutorials on YouTube
    Ive been looking at a few different ones on you tube but hope I can get lessons from a teacher when things open up again as I think you can only learn so much from vids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I hope this is working out for you. I remember starting and watching drummers live was almost as important as drum lessons. get out there and keep your eyes and ears peeled for the ghosts.

Advertisement