Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Alex Ferguson is retiring :eek: :(

Those were literally the first words I heard today. Radio switched on as my alarm, top story on the news "Alex Ferguson has confirmed he's retiring."

I've never known United without him... all the speculation over his replacement is already growing tedious... How do Chelsea fans put up with this turmoil once a season every season!? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Alex Ferguson is retiring :eek: :(

My dad texted me while I was in school today, all it said was "Fergie gone". I was almost in tears, still in shock:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

lol people actually care about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

lol people actually care about that

You kids. Just wait until Bieber Cullen or whatever retires. Then you'll understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Damn supervisor not emailing back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

There's an epic bang off the chicken I was going to cook, even I won't chance these :(

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I have my first exam tomorrow and I literally do not give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I have my first exam tomorrow and I literally do not give a ****.

Ha I was like that on Monday night, just couldn't put myself in exam mode.
    The second the invigilator announced 'You may start now, you have 3 hours to complete your exam', it hit me then, and I was like 'Ohmygodohmygodohmygod EXAMS ****' lol
    Pretty sure I passed though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Bought a Microwave Cook Book earlier. Now realise I have no microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Bought a Microwave Cook Book earlier. Now realise I have no microwave.

could have been worse, you could have bought microwave popcorn.

Imagine that heartbreak *shudder*

• Advertisement

Rothmans wrote: »
    Ha I was like that on Monday night, just couldn't put myself in exam mode.
    The second the invigilator announced 'You may start now, you have 3 hours to complete your exam', it hit me then, and I was like 'Ohmygodohmygodohmygod EXAMS ****' lol
    Pretty sure I passed though :P

I am always really calm in them for some reason because I'm the Queen of bull****e. I think it went well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Managed to fúck up tendons in my hand, and I have exams at the moment then a month's work placement in a very fancy place. Perfect timing as usual.

I also took a big risk by attempting to make a soufflé in my practical exam, and it went horribly wrong, I'm glad I tried to push myself and do something difficult but its still a bit annoying.

I've also been so busy trying to organise placement and stuff that I haven't had time to start studying for my written exams next week yet. Aggghhh stressssss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Why am I always sick?!

My procrastination has gone into the crazy stuff now, spent about 10 minutes polishing an apple with my sleeve to see how shiny I could get it, very. Another 10 minutes was spent seeing would the sink overflow with the tap on full blast even with the overflow hole there, which it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Palytoxin wrote: »
    My procrastination has gone into the crazy stuff now, spent about 10 minutes polishing an apple with my sleeve to see how shiny I could get it, very. Another 10 minutes was spent seeing would the sink overflow with the tap on full blast even with the overflow hole there, which it will.

Very productive day. Well Spent. Your findings have proven invaluable so that i do not have to try them at home. except for the apple. i like shiny apples

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Judging by the pain in my ankle, I may have rebroken it. DAMMIT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

I've upset my girlfriend, I honestly feel really,really bad about it.
    I don't know what I'm going to do.
    I hurt her,when I didn't mean to.
    I'm so,so sorry.

You upset her or you hurt her?

Upsetting her you have more or a likely chance of seeing it through,she'll prolly bounce back with revenge.
    Hurting her you're more on the verge of breaking up.

I hurt my first Ex, that was 5 years ago. Be man* and own up to what you done wrong admit you're at fault and show you will go that extra step further to always repair the love between ye.

I now have new ways of procrastinating. Thank you Paly.

My own argh: I actually fear for tomorrow's PharmChem test. Just not enough to study for it.

Hence I will spend the rest of the day shining apples and eating blue bonbons.

Jhcx wrote: »
    You upset her or you hurt her?

Upsetting her you have more or a likely chance of seeing it through,she'll prolly bounce back with revenge.
    Hurting her you're more on the verge of breaking up.

I hurt my first Ex, that was 5 years ago. Be man* and own up to what you done wrong admit you're at fault and show you will go that extra step further to always repair the love between ye.

I upset her (those were the words she used) but to be honest I think we might be on the verge of breaking up.
    She's away at the moment and this all unfolded last night,we called briefly and then resorted to text with her telling me we'll talk about it when she gets back,on the Monday.
    (It's long distance,she lives on the opposite side of Ireland to me)
    Essentially I've a small chance of seeing her in person tomorrow,which I told her I might do before the fight,but it's wether I should or not that's the point.
    Any advice would be appreciated guys :(.

• Advertisement

I upset her (those were the words she used) but to be honest I think we might be on the verge of breaking up.
    She's away at the moment and this all unfolded last night,we called briefly and then resorted to text with her telling me we'll talk about it when she gets back,on the Monday.
    (It's long distance,she lives on the opposite side of Ireland to me)
    Essentially I've a small chance of seeing her in person tomorrow,which I told her I might do before the fight,but it's wether I should or not that's the point.
    Any advice would be appreciated guys :(.

Ah, that would suck, long distance relationships are hard. Well thats totally upto you. I cant say how it would play out. you do fighting? going tomoro and shes still not happy with you could just go sour. but i cant say because i dont know what ye two are like. thats all i cant say i dont really have advice for you im afraid.

Hope you work things out

Ah, that would suck, long distance relationships are hard. Well thats totally upto you. I cant say how it would play out. you do fighting? going tomoro and shes still not happy with you could just go sour. but i cant say because i dont know what ye two are like. thats all i cant say i dont really have advice for you im afraid.

Hope you work things out

I don't have any intention of fighting-just apologising.
    I'd much prefer to say it in person,because I'd think she'd appreciate it.
    Because of me being unable to contact her,I can't really gauge how she might react.
    Things just feel like they've gone from nothing to everything in the space of 12 or so hours.
    To be blunt I've no f****** idea how it got this bad...

I don't have any intention of fighting-just apologising.
    I'd much prefer to say it in person,because I'd think she'd appreciate it.
    Because of me being unable to contact her,I can't really gauge how she might react.
    Things just feel like they've gone from nothing to everything in the space of 12 or so hours.
    To be blunt I've no f****** idea how it got this bad...

ahh sorry misread your post. thought you ment you do fighting as in a sport. but see what you mean now. Defo agree that it is much better to do it in person. anything over the phone always happens to be 3 times worse :( . was it something small that started it? or silly. If you can determine the cause that yer arguing over then you may be able to resolve this. usually the most case for me during long distance was that i never put in the effort to come and see them. And then that spiralled into a load of things i didnt do and done wrong.

But i stand my ground and i know where i am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

The tag on the back of my t-shirt is insanely itchy. Even though I have much more pressing issues, this seems to be driving me demented the most :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Bus Eireann are on strike. I need to get myself to A&E. I can't afford a taxi. DO YOU SEE HOW THIS IMPACTS ME?!

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Bus Eireann are on strike. I need to get myself to A&E. I can't afford a taxi. DO YOU SEE HOW THIS IMPACTS ME?!
    Why didn't you go last night!?

Why didn't you go last night!?

The pain eased when I had my ankle up last night, I thought it would be ok. Waking up in the middle of the night from pain, however, proved that it wasn't.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im so tired, all the time :(

ahh sorry misread your post. thought you ment you do fighting as in a sport. but see what you mean now. Defo agree that it is much better to do it in person. anything over the phone always happens to be 3 times worse :( . was it something small that started it? or silly. If you can determine the cause that yer arguing over then you may be able to resolve this. usually the most case for me during long distance was that i never put in the effort to come and see them. And then that spiralled into a load of things i didnt do and done wrong.

But i stand my ground and i know where i am wrong.

Yeah it'll be better to do it in person. :)

The cause was,I felt I was putting the effort into keeping in contact with her while she was away,I felt she wasn't and when she eventually replied, she failed to gauge that I was pissed off,glazed over the fact I was angry and proceeded to talk about other things.

At that point I snapped back at her over text (the whole fight was done almost entirely through text-making it worse) she asked what was wrong,I told her I felt she wasn't caring and that I felt like I was being taken for granted, despite what my friends were telling me to do I wasn't going to cheat*.She responded saying the messege upset her,so I called her and she freaked.

As it stands I sent her a text (can't call~she can't really answer) explaining how I'm sorry and that I never meant to upset her and asking her to forgive me.
    Tomorrow she's flying back and then getting a train,we planned to meet at the train station before we fought,so I'm going to apologise there.

I've always put the effort into seeing her and I still want to.I don't know how she feels now but I know I want to make things work.

*My friends never liked the idea of "us" too much,and when I explained to them the situation,they said she probably was getting with other people herself.I've always told her about them and she's always appreciated knowing so her flipping at that got me off-guard.

That's it,I've no clue if we are going to stay together.

• Advertisement

So that break, that they said was healed? There was another chipped bone. And they did nothing about it. So I'm stuck on crutches again, and can't get to the fracture clinic till Wednesday cause that's the first appointment. YAY!

Advertisement