Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭yomamma

He simply is the best. Ive all Bruces best versions of his songs. Let me know if ye want more!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrRsJmJ36Hk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXQYT_L4K0U

Ive all the best versions. Obviously thunder road at hammersmith below, personally his best performance from me is an obvious one plus capitol theatre his best ever live show. He is just a genius. Ill leave ye with my fav performance and my favourite song. If ye havnt heard it please listen. Just looking there and its not on you tube anymore but racing in the street in Capitol theatre simply was unreal. This below song was same concert but I cant believe racing in the street isnt on you tube. He did an unbelievable performance that night. My Funeral song. I have it on i tunes I just dont know how to post it. But below same concert. Thunder road done good in that concert too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3vUKBOJ5sU

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

The passport link is great, thanks

Shows attended: 51, in 24 different cities,
    travelling over
    15 countries.
    listened to
    223 different songs, from a gross total of
    1288 which were played in the attended shows.
    The most listened songs during these shows was "The rising",
    played
    36 times, followed by "The promised land", played 35 times,
    and "Born to run", played 31 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Do any of you tune into to Bruce Brunch on The Hawk 105.7 with Tom Cunningham at 2pm on Sundays.

Had an interview today with Backstreets re latest mag. Just ordered through Badlands as cheaper than ordering from BTX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

loverslane wrote: »
    Do any of you tune into to Bruce Brunch on The Hawk 105.7 with Tom Cunningham at 2pm on Sundays.

Had an interview today with Backstreets re latest mag. Just ordered through Badlands as cheaper than ordering from BTX.

Came in the post two weeks ago - didn't think I still had a sub!

What station are the Grammys on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Wow, I didn't know this thread existed! I'm hitting both Dublin gigs this year. I just thought there was the thread in the gigs forum.

@Dr.Nick - The Grammy's are on Monday night, 12:30 on Channel 4.

EDIT - They might be on Tuesday. I'm not sure. Either Monday or Tuesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    What station are the Grammys on?

I found them live on German channel Pro Sieben.

Great performance from Bruce to open the show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Cannot wait to see him in Dublin in July, I am 90's child and there is not not anybody like him in today's music.

• Advertisement

Album has leaked.....it's out there on the interweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

New album is a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

"Jack of all Trades"
    What an anthem

First listen......wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I'm a real latecomer to Bruce. I only have Born To Run and I have to say its amazing. What should I get next?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Possibly his best album since Tunnel of Love. This album is setting up one hell of a summer.

Shane St. wrote: »
    I'm a real latecomer to Bruce. I only have Born To Run and I have to say its amazing. What should I get next?

Darkness on the Edge of Town.

End.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

go out and buy all of his albums! seriously, it will be money well spent. the live album 75 - 85, is great for long car journeys, must be played loud though!

gilmour wrote: »
    Possibly his best album since Tunnel of Love. This album is setting up one hell of a summer.

Almost at the end of first listen, it hits me from the start in a way that Magic did and WOAD didn't.

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Almost at the end of first listen, it hits me from the start in a way that Magic did and WOAD didn't.

magic was flippin brilliant! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

This. His first 7 albums. Going for €20 in HMV in town, same in Tower. One of the albums in it alone [The River double album] nearly goes for that much. Well, Well worth it for a new fan. Has most of the best stuff in there and the price is great. You won't regret it. Has my fav's Darkness on The Edge of Town, The Wild the Innocent and The E Street Shuffle and The River.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=0&adultFlag=false&simpleSearchString=bruce+springsteen+the+collection&primaryID=0&btnSubmitSearch.x=0&btnSubmitSearch.y=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭WinstonOno

massive bruce fan, but have to say, how much did obama pay him to write 'we take care of our own'?? written for his re-election campaign without a doubt. completely out of sync with the rest of the album also from what ive heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

I think We Take Of Our Own is intentionally deceptive - it's not something Obama would want on his campaign. The title is intentionally ironic. Similar to Born In The USA.

Are you sure you're listening to it right? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭WinstonOno

marty1985 wrote: »
    I think We Take Of Our Own is intentionally deceptive - it's not something Obama would want on his campaign. The title is intentionally ironic. Similar to Born In The USA.

Are you sure you're listening to it right? ;)
    obama has already added the song to his re-election campaign song list.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Wow, I'm surprised at that. I didn't think this would be one song that someone going for re-election would want.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

I'm very surprised Obama would even think about using that song, Bruce went as far as putting the lyrics on the actual video for the song in order to try and avoid the very response that happened to the similar theme of Born in the USA. It is far from a patriotic song.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Would anyone care to share where they are listening to new album. Got one link yesterday but can't get it to work. :D

I know backstreets are playing one song every day but would love to get a listen to it all at once

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

magic was flippin brilliant! :)

Agree totally. If Wrecking Ball is half as good, it's a classic.

Trying to resist temptation until Friday week, but hearing all the reviews here and on Backstreets, it's becoming increasingly difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

Shane, PM me and I'll help get you started.

• Advertisement

im waiting till friday week, theres something about having a cd in your hands. still dont own an ipod!

Advertisement