Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beady Eye

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

www.nme.com

Liam Gallagher
    took a dig at his brother Noel during Beady Eye's Teenage
    Cancer Trust show in London last night (March 25).

The former Oasis frontman made a number of remarks about his former bandmate as he performed at the Royal Albert Hall.

"This is Beady Eye," he announced as he swaggered onstage. "This is not a Noel Gallagher concert."

Throughout the show Liam continued to take pot shots at his brother.

"We were going to sit down to sing the next song," he told the crowd before launching into 'Bring The Light'. "But apparently someone who played here last year stole all the stools. Apparently he's got a nice little collection going on and all."

Later he quipped: "Where's Noel when you need him, eh?"

Noel played two shows for the charity at the same venue last year. During one of those shows he took a pop at Liam over his Pretty Green clothing range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

hes a funny ****er that sir liam of greater Manchester ;)

its true what hes saying i hate them ****ing gigs when musicians sit on their fat holes all night.

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/55869

gotta love his confidence :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Loves how he fails to realise that Beady Eye wouldn't be half as big if it wasn't for Oasis.:pac:

baz2009 wrote: »
    Loves how he fails to realise that Beady Eye wouldn't be half as big if it wasn't for Oasis.:pac:
    Bravo sir bravo u deserve a gold star with a comment like that ;) I think sir liam and ****ing everyone with half a brain realises that all beady eye fans are also past oasis fans

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Bravo sir bravo u deserve a gold star with a comment like that ;) I think sir liam and ****ing everyone with half a brain realises that all beady eye fans are also past oasis fans

In fairness, it is debatable that LG has half a brain.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

After Liam's voice sounding so good on the album and in the early gigs he goes and butchers Across The Universe tonight in London, he sounds like he did in 2005 and the back end of the 2009 Oasis gigs.. he can't blame Noely G and his "loud guitar" for this performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

If I was Liam I'd stop going on about Noel - makes him look bad. You can bet Noel won't be mentioning Liam when he's doing his own gigs.

Got the album a few weeks ago getting into it slowly- I like For Anyone a lot and Bring the Light has really grown on me it's a great tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Dotsey wrote: »
    After Liam's voice sounding so good on the album and in the early gigs he goes and butchers Across The Universe tonight in London, he sounds like he did in 2005 and the back end of the 2009 Oasis gigs.. he can't blame Noely G and his "loud guitar" for this performance.

Agreed. Awful.

anyone going to the gigs next week ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Temaz wrote: »
    Agreed. Awful.

Very bad. Never heard him that bad. Its shocking.

Dotsey wrote: »

That is rough.

Nope, have to wait until Oxegen unfortunately!

baz2009 wrote: »
    That is rough.

Nope, have to wait until Oxegen unfortunately!

what day are the playing oxegen ?

Yeah Friday night, hopefully Liam lays off smoking judging by his voice lately.

what day are the playing oxegen ?
    It'll be Friday or Saturday.. they're playing Sunday at T in the Park

a studio version of Across the Universe thankfully recorded BEFORE last nights gig is available at the moment through their official site http://www.beadyeyemusic.com for anyone who wants to download it, all proceeds to the Japan Tsunami Appeal

Liam's vocal are processed beyond belief on this, this will make Lennon turn over every time it's played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I like Liam as as vocalist, but I dislike the sound of the rest of Beady eye.
    :eek::eek::eek:... Dooooooooooooooooooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

And maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh....
    Yer gonnna be the one that saves meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh
    Coz after aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll
    You're my won-der-wah-hah-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll:D:rolleyes:

Johro wrote: »
    And maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh....
    Yer gonnna be the one that saves meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh
    Coz after aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll
    You're my won-der-wah-hah-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll:D:rolleyes:

fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Got 2 tickets to front row of the Cirlce there a couple of days ago - I may have 2 tickets for the upper circle available just waiting on someone to come back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

They played 3 songs on Jools Holland last night. Liam's vocals were terrible. His voice is f**ked....

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    They played 3 songs on Jools Holland last night. Liam's vocals were terrible. His voice is f**ked....

i watched it myself thought they were class. liam looks so ****ing cool man. heres the vid for millonaire a ****ing belter of a tune live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R5OdQr--8w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Voice sounds fine to me, way better than 2009, it's certainly not f**ked :confused:

In the main gigs of 2009 Liam was at the back end of a world tour and his voice is usually knackered by then as can be heard an his shambolic performance on the live disc on "Time Flies". The difference then was he had Noel to break the live set up by singing three groups of two songs to allow him a small break so he was rarely singing for over 30 minutes without a break.
    His voice on Jools Holland wasn't bad maybe a 7/10 for Liam but last week at TCT it was rubbish and sounded tired. To me he's sounding flat again and gone back to shouting too much which he has a tendancy to do.
    The quality of Liam's voice has no doubt decreased over the years and he can't hit the high notes anymore consistently live. I remember hearing not so long ago he's rumoured to have a problem with his vocal chords, below is a bit from Wiki about the condition in general.. I think it makes sense to Liam.

"Nodules are like scar tissue on the vocal cords that interfere with normal vibration, causing a raspy quality and making it difficult to produce the full range of sound. They result from vocal strain -- yelling, coughing, but more particularly for singers, over-singing or pushing the voice into unnaturally high registers. They get bad enough and it's like laryngitis -- you can't sing at all."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

i watched it myself thought they were class. liam looks so ****ing cool man. heres the vid for millonaire a ****ing belter of a tune live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R5OdQr--8w

f**ked compared to what it used to be like. His whole singing technique is wrong, it's like he forces it, but if he did it any other way, it wouldn't be Liam Gallagher and wouldn't be right for their sound probably.

His voice has deteriorated though. Musically it wasn't that bad on Jools Holland. Not my cup of tea to be honest. The lads are a bit too cool for school for my liking. Anyone who wears shades indoors deserves to be pulled aside...

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

I think it's the same with most singers after touring were their voice goes a bit. They're on the back end of a tour so it's bound to not be as good compared to the start of the tour. Beady Eye played live on 'Live from Abbey Road' which was recorded at the start of the year and Liam's vocal was spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Hoarse vocals are nothing new for Liam, if you listen to some of the oasis bootlegs from the mid-nineties you will find a few performances where he sounded like he had a good piss-up the night before with a few smokes thrown in for good measure. He was losing his voice as far back as 1996, the Utrecht gig comes to mind. His vocals cut out during Live Forever and Noel had to take over for the entire gig.

Off the top of my head I can remember him losing his voice before the 2nd Dublin gig in 1997, Fukuoka in 2000 and Ft. Lauderdale in 2002. There's plenty more. Then there was the infamous MTV Unplugged where he "lost his voice" and was seen drinking and smoking in the crowd during the gig!

I find it amazing his voice is as good as it is to be honest.

i love the guys voice its ****ing mega. i have high hopes for this gig Thursday night and i cant wait to hear millionaire and bring the light live. Liam never lets us down its going to be a ****ing belter

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Saw them on Jools Holland and wasn't impressed, especially that Liam has been going around saying that he doesn't know how to write lyrics and none of the lyrics make any sense to him??? com'on man, it's not that hard.

I think I will stick to those two fine albums Oasis made back in the early 90s, classics.

Battleflag wrote: »
    Saw them on Jools Holland and wasn't impressed, especially that Liam has been going around saying that he doesn't know how to write lyrics and none of the lyrics make any sense to him??? com'on man, it's not that hard.

I think I will stick to those two fine albums Oasis made back in the early 90s, classics.

ffs move on will ya. everybody knows there classics but thats all i ****ing hear in this thread. beady eye and oasis made decent albums after the first 2 albums id tell you to give them a listen cause theres some ****ing belters on them.
    do you really expect a band to recreate a masterpiece time after time ?

its like hearing ****ing arctic monkeys fans these days harping on about how humbug wasnt as good as the first album. so ****ing what you cant recreate masterpieces again and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Can't wait til thursday! :)

Advertisement