Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Guess we'll find out when the JNLRs roll around. Maybe, possibly, someone with empathy and real emotions is exactly who people want to listen to during all this. Just maybe...
    Haven't they already been out and she has less than muireann. Guessing she has signed a long contract that's why she kept on. The time of mi wadi move about I would had her on at 5am if was allowed

Haven't they already been out and she has less than muireann. Guessing she has signed a long contract that's why she kept on. The time of mi wadi move about I would had her on at 5am if was allowed

Ah, Muireann ....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Muireann who became most popular here the very day she left the station :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

pjohnson wrote: »
    Muireann who became most popular here the very day she left the station :pac:

Nearly as popular as she was as a standby cover jock!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Ed Smith had a brilliant 3 hour Ed's Songs of Praise yesterday.
    https://twitter.com/EdTodayFM/status/1264662706742677504?s=19
    https://twitter.com/EdTodayFM/status/1264662457475149824?s=19

One of the best, by a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Does anyone have the clue given out for Ah Sure Look It quiz "WMM"? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Does anyone have the clue given out for Ah Sure Look It quiz "WMM"? Thanks.

Something along the lines of "we are blue in the face from this" I can't remember exactly

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Something along the lines of "we are blue in the face from this" I can't remember exactly

Yeah I remembered it was something like that but wasn't too sure. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

They are going to give us the first 2 words tomorrow morning - so we only have to guess the last word

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ULMarc

PsychoPete wrote: »

or "we're blew in the face from this". don don dooooon

• Advertisement

ULMarc wrote: »
    or "we're blew in the face from this". don don dooooon

I was going with "blue in the face" and wondering was it something to do with the moon?
    And Dave mentioned Dermot twice on his Instagram saying he's a "maniac" and "crazy" so thinking they're clues too🀔
    If anyone gets it on those YOU'RE WELCOMEðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

WMM

They gave the first 2 words there

We miss...M

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    WMM

They gave the first 2 words there

We miss...M

We Miss Maria probably

They said it isn't Maria because this was done before lockdown

Yeah I'd say its nothing to do with anything from the lockdown since it's from March 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Its gonna be something that makes no sense!
    Tried a few guesses already :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Gah, why let someone on with their guess when it's already been guessed and is up on the web page?!

Ahhh my guess was We Miss Marathons (as in the bar!)

I didn't realise moros were gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭giveitholly

We miss Moros

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Ahhh my guess was We Miss Marathons (as in the bar!)

I didn't realise moros were gone!!

I said Marathons too!!

• Advertisement

Well loads of running marathons were cancelled, too! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

I see Paul McLoone is taking over the Sunday evening slot starting tomorrow :

https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/1268981917367414790

For anyone missing their Kelly-Anne Byrne mix, she's streaming shows on Twitch, 6pm to 8pm on Saturdays: https://www.twitch.tv/kabyrne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭TheDavester

nc6000 wrote: »
    I see Paul McLoone is taking over the Sunday evening slot starting tomorrow :

https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/1268981917367414790

fantastic, dissapointed they took an hour off him on his weekday show...while i love Ed Smith, they had him a bit over worked with Sunday and Three hours mon -fri

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

fantastic, dissapointed they took an hour off him on his weekday show...while i love Ed Smith, they had him a bit over worked with Sunday and Three hours mon -fri

Not sure this affects Ed's shows - it looks like a straight replacement for Claire Beck's Sunday show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Eds Songs of Praise tonight

I haven't listened in a while but has he got more mainstream and pop?

I never remember hearing the likes of Sia and Mabel on his show. Usually more alternative?

Edit: it's actually National Anthems, not sure if he plays different music on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭JoeA3

NIMAN wrote: »
    Eds Songs of Praise tonight

I haven't listened in a while but has he got more mainstream and pop?

I never remember hearing the likes of Sia and Mabel on his show. Usually more alternative?

Edit: it's actually National Anthems, not sure if he plays different music on that?

Yeah the weeknight show has always been much more mainstream. But still a generally good mix.

On his weeknight shows (Ed's National Anthems) I think he has to play a certain amount of the current playlist with some of his normal goodies thrown in.

Songs of Praise on Sunday night gone was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    On his weeknight shows (Ed's National Anthems) I think he has to play a certain amount of the current playlist with some of his normal goodies thrown in.

Songs of Praise on Sunday night gone was fantastic.

The last couple of Songs of Praise have been excellent.

And to be fair, National Anthems is the best of the mainstream shows during the week by far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It must have been Songs of Praise I was used to hearing, that's why I didn't hear any mainstream stuff.

He really has good taste in music. A younger version of JC.

Advertisement