Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tony Allen RIP

• 01-05-2020 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

One of the finest drummers of all time, created some of the best music ever with Fela Kuti

Here is on a great track with the late Ginger Baker

Comments

Master of the polyrhythm, could hold a groove like no other. I'd put him among the greatest 3 or 4 drummers ever. What a legend, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Sad to say I thought this was about the dude out of Foster and Allen who dressed up as a leprechaun on top of the pops, sadly it is about the world class drummer from the iconic Fela Kuti ensemble, who produced some fantastic content in a really challenging political time, where they challenged corruption and inequality in the Nigerian government and in Africa in general, I suppose that in that context, they achieved more than an Irish duo who appealed to the diaspora in England and more specifically London, and sang more about alcohol than social change. RIP Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Sad to say I thought this was about the dude out of Foster and Allen who dressed up as a leprechaun on top of the pops

laughed out loud at that one :D

can only think one one adept track from Fela & Tony to suit that sentiment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I thought it was a misplaced post about a deejay who died some years ago!

Advertisement