Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another need advice thread

• 24-06-2019 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Set up new account just to look for advice.
    I'll try and keep it brief.

My situation:
    Married 10+ years
    2 Children under 11.

I was never really happy, felt marriage had died a long time ago, and recently just couldn't take any more and moved out. Children distraught as you can imagine.

I'm searching away on line but it's a bit overwhelming - can someone please direct me where to go for advice on where to go from here?
    In particular any recommended family law solicitors around west Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Another day

Citizens advice and then Mediation. Have you made an arrangement for paying maintenance? Always pay via standing order or into their bank account from yours. Have you proposed an access arrangement? Those are the first 2 things you need to do, along with ensuring mortgage is paid if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Thanks for your reply.

I paid into an account monthly for her anyway and will continue with this. I transfer it direct to account so there's a record.
    Ok, I'll contact Citizens' Advice.
    It's early days and we're not really in contact, and nothing has been discussed never mind formalised about maintenance or seeing children.

Advertisement