Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zanussi Washing Machine Brushes

• 21-07-2019 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭

My Zanussi ZWG 1140M stopped spinning took one of the brushes off motor cleaned up, put back in, now spinning again, been working 2 weeks now, so though id better order new brushes, couldn't find them on line so contacted Zanussi, was told you cant get new brushes for this model you will have to replace whole motor €269!, not worth it for a old machine,as anyone had this problem and maybe found after market brushes that will fit? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Might be no harm trying a spares seller like Exsparetise in Tullamore, or Quinnspares.

Just get the PNC number from the label inside the door, makes it easier for them to search parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have a 24 year old Asko (Swedish) washing machine. I have put 3-4 sets of brushes in it by now. I don't get Asko brushes, I get ones for some other brand - pretty sure they are Zanusi - which are the same size and in the same clip in plastic carrier. Unfortunately, the ones I get have the beveled end angled for a motor that turns in the opposite direction to my motor, so I have to pop open the plastic carrier and cut the braided copper strap, swap the brushes over from one carrier to the other and solder the straps.

Costs about €24 a time for the brushes.

You could try here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=zanusi+brushes&_sacat=0

In case you haven't already guessed - neither Asko nor Zanusi make the motors, they both get them from the same company that does.

Same goes for almost all domestic appliances. They are made in very few factories, but sold with innumerable brand names stuck on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd say most machines from manufacturers in the Electrolux group will use the same motors and therefore brushes. I replaced the brushes on an Aeg machine a couple of times and they looked just like the ones in the eBay link above. There's a part number on the back of the plastic housing the brush is in, read that and Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

cnocbui wrote: »
    I have a 24 year old Asko (Swedish) washing machine. I have put 3-4 sets of brushes in it by now. I don't get Asko brushes, I get ones for some other brand - pretty sure they are Zanusi - which are the same size and in the same clip in plastic carrier. Unfortunately, the ones I get have the beveled end angled for a motor that turns in the opposite direction to my motor, so I have to pop open the plastic carrier and cut the braided copper strap, swap the brushes over from one carrier to the other and solder the straps.

Costs about €24 a time for the brushes.

You could try here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=zanusi+brushes&_sacat=0

In case you haven't already guessed - neither Asko nor Zanusi make the motors, they both get them from the same company that does.

Same goes for almost all domestic appliances. They are made in very few factories, but sold with innumerable brand names stuck on the front.

Nice to see you have the ability to do this but the next time you have to change them just give them a quick rub on a grinding wheel to the required angle, they will bed in before the next wash has ended

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Nice to see you have the ability to do this but the next time you have to change them just give them a quick rub on a grinding wheel to the required angle, they will bed in before the next wash has ended

I would say that your quick rub would easily take several months off the life of the brushes. It occurred to me, I thought about it and decided to do it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

cnocbui wrote: »
    I would say that your quick rub would easily take several months off the life of the brushes. It occurred to me, I thought about it and decided to do it properly.

I will leave it to the expert

Advertisement