Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thomas.ie

• 05-07-2019 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Is Thomas.ie good to use and is it trustworthy

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I've moved your question to it's own thread. The one you posted in hasn't been posted in in 15 years...

I can't say I've ever heard of thomas.ie, and the website isn't music related...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Do you mean Thomann? https://www.thomann.de/ie/index.html

They're excellent. Just be sure to type what you're looking for correctly into the search box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

If it's Thomann, I just opened an account and made a purchase last Thursday night.

Purchase was packaged Thursday night, dispatched Friday morning, delivered Wednesday. All well packaged, no damages, no mistakes or omissions.

Lots of instructions, in German and proper English (rather than a bad translation).

Overall, a pleasant experience and will probably use again.

However, don't presume just because something is online it's automatically cheaper. I was also looking at a multi effects pedal board and it was actually cheaper in Walton's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Most shops here will try to match the Germans for price if you ask.

Hey OP. Thomann is a great site. If you like it, go for it and never mind the lecture you'll get about buying local. There are pros and cons to buying from both online stores and local.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Lecture?

Advertisement