Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best between these 2

Comments

Zenbook imo

both cpus will meet most needs

intel a bit stronger on cpu side but ryzen no slouch. both 4-core cpus
    ryzen has stronger integrated graphics

but the zenbook is of a higher class build-quality to the hp. chassis is made of metal as opposed to plastic on hp and zenbook is also noticeably lighter. will be more robust as a result.
    overall design is a lot nicer on the zenbook.

although it's 80 euro more it's worth it easily

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭huntsman77

Thank you glasso just the advice I needed ZenBook it is so I'm not a heavy user but like quality thanks again.

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Thank you glasso just the advice I needed ZenBook it is so I'm not a heavy user but like quality thanks again.

yes, the zenbook will give you that "ooh that's a lovely shiny but useful thing that I bought" feeling, the HP won't!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 robcronin

Which one would be the most future proof between the two?

HP looks like you can upgrade the RAM and SSD whereas the Zenbook doesn't seem to be able to?

unless you are doing video editing 8gb ram is fine.

even for video editing you'd really want a different type of laptop with a h cpu, not a u one so does not really apply imo.

ssd can be upgraded in both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 robcronin

glasso wrote: »
    unless you are doing video editing 8gb ram is fine.

even for video editing you'd really want a different type of laptop with a h cpu, not a u one so does not really apply imo.

ssd can be upgraded in both.

Ah brilliant, didn't realise that.

Thanks for the advice, I was debating between these two as well but looks like the Zenbook is the winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Little rossie

Lenovo Ideapad 14" laptop
    Hi Glasso, I am thinking of buying a new 14" laptop. Not sure which of these to buy, so if you have time could you give me your opinion on them please?

14" Lenovo IdeaPad C340 AMD Ryzen 3 2 in 1 Laptop 8 GB 128 GB ssd €599
    OR
    14" Lenovo IdeaPad C340 Intel Core i3 2 in 1 laptop 8 GB 128 GB ssd €519

Both from Currys.ie

Lenovo Ideapad 14" laptop
    Hi Glasso, I am thinking of buying a new 14" laptop. Not sure which of these to buy, so if you have time could you give me your opinion on them please?

14" Lenovo IdeaPad C340 AMD Ryzen 3 2 in 1 Laptop 8 GB 128 GB ssd €599
    OR
    14" Lenovo IdeaPad C340 Intel Core i3 2 in 1 laptop 8 GB 128 GB ssd €519

Both from Currys.ie

cheaper one if it's only rzyen 3 vs intel i3. from specs given by you that's the only difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Little rossie

Thank you Glasso that's helped me make the choice.

you're welcome. normally intel is more expensive than ryzen on the equivalent level but there is a reduction here I see on the intel model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement