Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 11:39   #5731
walshb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Anyone else disappointed with bunceys interview ?

It was more about Dubois losing than Joyce winning
Difficult lads to interview. Not much going on

But, the manner of the loss would see the interviewer focus more on this..
Advertisement
Yesterday, 11:40   #5732
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshb View Post
Difficult lads to interview. Not much going on

But, the manner of the loss would see the interviewer focus more on this..
Dubois is very bad , joe ain’t great but he is better , but they kept cutting him off .

I’m sure he won’t care but it was a bit disrespectful imo .
Yesterday, 11:57   #5733
squinn2912

Ive long given up expecting anything from Steve Bunce. Stealing a living. I think his best attribute is his accent? Parasite.

I thought more should have been made of Joyce having been a 3/1 underdog. He bossed that fight. Surprised by the scorecards. He was in control almost throughout. Not a scratch on him and Dubois eye was a mess and all around the nose area well beat up. Lips looked puffed too and he was breathing very heavily. Joe could still be fighting. He operates in a difficult 3rd gear and opponents find it very hard to get to him. This was a massive win for him and as I say he looked in charge most of the time.

Maybe less made of it since the most likely next fight is Usyk. He’s got a small pool of fighters that he can fight next. Either Usyk non title or fight for a belt. I wouldn’t be confident in saying who wins Joyce Usyk. I think he’d have a great contest with Whyte or Chisora and likely beat both. I think the big 3 all stop him.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 12:17   #5734
weemcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Anyone else disappointed with bunceys interview ?

It was more about Dubois losing than Joyce winning
I'm disappointed every time I hear the sound of Steve Bunce's voice. I absolutely cannot have him.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 12:48   #5735
yourdeadwright

I think Joes a very smart fella when it comes to his boxing style,
He uses a style that gets 100% oit of the abilities he has,
He tries nothing flashy or even creative, he just keeps his length and hit you with 20-30% of his power as often as he can and hopes to just wear you down,

DDD tried to bait him into a fire fight and few tomes but Joe kept his discipline and stuck to the game plan amd DDD just had no answer to it

The manner of the defeat was pretty bad for DDD he basically gave up and ran put of ideas

Joe is no world beater but hes good at the basics, big, fit and tough as old boots
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 17:34   #5736
squinn2912

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
I think Joes a very smart fella when it comes to his boxing style,
He uses a style that gets 100% oit of the abilities he has,
He tries nothing flashy or even creative, he just keeps his length and hit you with 20-30% of his power as often as he can and hopes to just wear you down,

DDD tried to bait him into a fire fight and few tomes but Joe kept his discipline and stuck to the game plan amd DDD just had no answer to it

The manner of the defeat was pretty bad for DDD he basically gave up and ran put of ideas

Joe is no world beater but hes good at the basics, big, fit and tough as old boots
Yea I think you make a good point as always. There;s nothing flashy or exciting about JJ but he’s a nightmare to fight. The Usyk fight could be available in the next 6 months but if that gets put on the back burner then it will be because Usyk is having the AJ or Fury fight. Joe may well get a crack at Fury if AJ decided to take on Usyk (better chance of prolonging his reign) or if Pulev caused an injury (can see him beating aj). So where would Joyce go? I could see him fight Yoka he’s bound to fancy that at some stage.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 21:14   #5737
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by squinn2912 View Post
Yea I think you make a good point as always. There;s nothing flashy or exciting about JJ but he’s a nightmare to fight. The Usyk fight could be available in the next 6 months but if that gets put on the back burner then it will be because Usyk is having the AJ or Fury fight. Joe may well get a crack at Fury if AJ decided to take on Usyk (better chance of prolonging his reign) or if Pulev caused an injury (can see him beating aj). So where would Joyce go? I could see him fight Yoka he’s bound to fancy that at some stage.
Hes very boring but he does the basics very well
I think because he became a pro so late in life he doesnt need to play upto his ego or try be something he is not he is happy just to do what he has to do to win,

Theres lots of good fights for him now, Whyte,Uysk, AVP, even Wilder, i could see ways he could ends up in the ring with any of then,
In saying that he may not beat any of them
Yesterday, 23:01   #5738
squinn2912

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
Hes very boring but he does the basics very well
I think because he became a pro so late in life he doesnt need to play upto his ego or try be something he is not he is happy just to do what he has to do to win,

Theres lots of good fights for him now, Whyte,Uysk, AVP, even Wilder, i could see ways he could ends up in the ring with any of then,
In saying that he may not beat any of them
He interviews like a moron as well and that does nothing to add enthusiasm. His impression of Usyk is full on cringe I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. But he’s a very effective operator.

Who is AVP? I think he could well beat Whyte his jab is much better and so is his footwork. Whyte is much more aggressive but his basics are all over the place and he can’t stay focussed. He could be up against Wilder but I can’t see how Wilder wouldn’t make that massive reach and speed count at some point. Wilder KO in any round but I’d expect mid rounds. Ortiz might be a good match up for Joyce. Lots of fights there for him but he will want to get the best money fight I’d imagine that’s Usyk. I give him a real chance with Usyk as well but I don’t think prodding him with the jab would be enough to do the same damage as Dubois.
Thanks from:
Today, 10:04   #5739
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by squinn2912 View Post
He interviews like a moron as well and that does nothing to add enthusiasm. His impression of Usyk is full on cringe I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. But he’s a very effective operator.

Who is AVP? I think he could well beat Whyte his jab is much better and so is his footwork. Whyte is much more aggressive but his basics are all over the place and he can’t stay focussed. He could be up against Wilder but I can’t see how Wilder wouldn’t make that massive reach and speed count at some point. Wilder KO in any round but I’d expect mid rounds. Ortiz might be a good match up for Joyce. Lots of fights there for him but he will want to get the best money fight I’d imagine that’s Usyk. I give him a real chance with Usyk as well but I don’t think prodding him with the jab would be enough to do the same damage as Dubois.
Ye he is very boring and has no star power , he is almost to respectful for the business he is in ,

Alexander Vladimirovich Povetkin

I honestly think Joyce is clever enough to know where he stands and will go into any of them fights knowing he is an under dog,

He has got a lot of flak over his style and lack of personality so I'm delighted for him getting the win and hopefully get himself and nice big pay day or two now ,

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion