Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack on Titan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

New to anime in general, so can someone recommend a good site for watching diff anime shows, in particular Attack on Titan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

JJayoo wrote: »
    New to anime in general, so can someone recommend a good site for watching diff anime shows, in particular Attack on Titan

Attack on Titan is on Netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Have ye guys seen this figure?

Not only is it €500-ish, but it's so detailed it would stop me sleeping at night.
    Qfeq4Kf.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

is this worth watching? Im not too into anime but I would have watched a lot of the main stuff like Miyazaki films and co. and i watched all of Legend of the Galactic Heroes and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If you ever liked any anime previously you'll love AoT, great for introducing people to it aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just be aware that if you're watching it on Crunchyroll, due to licensing restrictions, episodes 14-25 are unavailable until December.

Any sign of a second season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

JJayoo wrote: »
    Any sign of a second season?

Its in production, earliest I would say its gonna arrive is the Winter season, so next Janurary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I see Manga have done a "great":rolleyes: job with the UK/IRE releases of this. Barebones dvd and barebones bluray or the Collectors Edition bluray which comes with all the extras, that are on the normal discs and in HD in AUS and US, on an extra dvd.

They have also mangled the subtitles with portions of episodes dubtitled.
    During the part where
    Mikasa is trying to reason with Titan Eren
    during episode 12, the UK subs are
    Snap out of it!
    . The subtitles for the AUS version for the same line is
    I'm Mikasa!
    Part of your family!

Can Manga actually get a release that they author the disc themselves right? Makes it even worse when it's arguably their biggest release of the year.

Glad I got the US collectors editions instead of waiting for the domestic release like I usually would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Angel Knightess

I seem to be the only one here to have caught Aot when it was on Youtube back in April. Awesome show. A bit slow in places and the cliffhanger was basically to keep people interested for season 2 but still an awesome show. Easily the best I've seen in a long time, and easily the best soundtrack I've heard in a long time. Prefer the sub over the dub though mainly because they (funimation I think) changed Eren's roar which was really stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 laklaker

I don't know what the hoops with big monster killing them. The monster are too dumb. Why they can't kill those killers? LOL.

Errrrr?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ex853

I seem to be the only one here to have caught Aot when it was on Youtube back in April. Awesome show. A bit slow in places and the cliffhanger was basically to keep people interested for season 2 but still an awesome show. Easily the best I've seen in a long time, and easily the best soundtrack I've heard in a long time. Prefer the sub over the dub though mainly because they (funimation I think) changed Eren's roar which was really stupid.

Oh man, I know it's pretty much the case for all English dubs but the Attack on Titan dub was terrible... really terrible. Name changes and sound effects alterations for no reason plus the pretty bad voice acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 utopian911

i love Shingeki no kyojin(Attack on titan) way too much! I don't know, when i watch it the show gives me a different kind of chilling! I've watched all 25 episodes and eagerly waiting for next season. i kind of love all the characters here specially Mikasa, Eren and not to mention our favorite Levi! XD I've read SNK manga upto 47 chapters, actually i prefer watching it rather than reading manga! maybe it's because i'm not used to read manga! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Just watched claymore, they are a lot alike

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

For those interested, it seems there's gonna be a live action movie made now.
    Looks decent to be honest, but it'll probably be destroyed when its dubbed.

Nice, 3DS game based on the anime coming aswell:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shy Ted wrote: »
    For those interested, it seems there's gonna be a live action movie made now.
    Looks decent to be honest, but it'll probably be destroyed when its dubbed.

Wow that does look amazing, I hope it doesnt get dubbed tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Papissama

Awesome anime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Cotts72

When I first read about the live action months ago I thought it would be horrendous! Signs are promising there though,some awesome visuals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Tatsnigga

I'm bout that gwola

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭FGR

I'm loving the anime - and I'm trying to avoid Manga spoilers so I appreciate the tags.

Aside from the action and the personal interactions I really enjoy the 'politics' in the show. I'm sure the Manga may expand on it further but small things like
    the inferiority complex the Military Police Commander (Nile Doc?) seems to have against the Scouts - effectively knowing that he has no idea what to do during the final act and relying on Commander Erwin; whilst Erwin and Dot Pixis; from their brief meeting; appear to see one another as equals rather than rivals.

In addition to that I'm very much looking forward to
    who the Colossal and Armoured Titans are. I have my suspicions about who the Armoured Titan is though I'm at a loss as to who the big guy is.

How long must I wait for my anime satisfaction? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

FGR wrote: »
    In addition to that I'm very much looking forward to
    who the Colossal and Armoured Titans are. I have my suspicions about who the Armoured Titan is though I'm at a loss as to who the big guy is.

I read the manga rather than wait for series 2 of the anime for precisely this reason. I didn't want it spoiled.

After reading it it, I can say I don't think I would have cared if it was spoiled. The manga is just as bad at the anime at trying to reveal plot twists in a dramatic way.

I spoiled it for myself and I honestly don't know what their identities are supposed to mean, maybe I missed something watching it...

Thargor wrote: »
    I spoiled it for myself and I honestly don't know what their identities are supposed to mean, maybe I missed something watching it...

You didn't miss anything.

AOT is just bad at plot reveals and developing characters.

"Hey can you pop to the shop and buy a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, a litre of milk and I am the armoured titan"

My opinion on it hasn't really changed from watching the anime way back when: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90294275&postcount=61

Only thing I'll say is that the manga is objectively worse than the anime, since missing out on fluidly animated action scenes is one of the big pluses of the series.

Future spoilers:
    Lol, its just like you say though, by the way x and y in the background were the Colossal and Armoured Titans all this time! Errrr... what?

Especially the Colossal guy who spent the entire series being a coward in fear of his life

^I'd edit your un-spoilered comment to be less specific, I'm not quoting it to make that easier for yourself. I was just complaining it was badly revealed, not that who it was in of itself was personally unsatisfying to me.
    Which it was; but the fact it's not prominent character is in itself a minor spoiler.

Edited now anyway. I am dying to know what the...
    Titans buried in the walls were all about? Is there a good English summary of whats going on anywhere?

Thargor wrote: »
    Edited now anyway. I am dying to know what the...
    Titans buried in the walls were all about? Is there a good English summary of whats going on anywhere?
    A wizard did it

More or less

• Advertisement

It's kinda stupid that
    other creatures can turn into titans, like the dog becoming a titan and just wanting to get back inside the wall is daft

Advertisement