Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lovemaths

hey, i bought a pair of uggs in schuh a couple months ago but they got destroyed in the rain! tried cleaning them but they just dont look the same. wasnt told about the ugg cleaning kit at all!

i really wana buy a new pair but cant pay the price here! hello! recession! lol:D really want to buy them online so i was wondering what the best & cheap website would be?? i only want real uggs!

iv found this website,looks pretty good just wondering if anyone has bought something from them?? http://www.designercapital.co.uk/ugg_boots_3.html

thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That site looks really dodgy to me. I can't find any contact info besides the form, and the only payment logo (verisign) is one that can't be clicked and is barely visible.

I could be wrong but I wouldn't go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

st_2008318224549410.jpg

This is a pic from their website. The lower part of the shoe looks quite short and the leg part is wider. This is a sure sign they are fake. Don't expect to pay less than about 120 for Uggs. Real sites include the official Ugg site and Shudoo.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

^^ That pic totally screams fake.

You're never gonna find the classic UGG Australia boots for anything less than $130 for short or $160 for the tall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 michael_23

That site screams scam. Everything on there timberland boots, hoodies etc. is most definitely fake. If you search for similar items on alibaba you will see where the gear comes from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Hi OP,
    Those Uggs are fake.

1. Real Uggs don't have tags attached to them.
    2. Real Uggs don't come in a lot of those styles.

www.uggaustralia.com is the official site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jenna66

There are offers on this website here

http://www.welovediscounts.com/uggs.html

- all from reputable UGGS suppliers and lots of decent discount codes to use when buying.

I got 10% off when I bought my UGGS and the ones i bought were in a Sale too!

DO NOT buy from dodgy sites or on Ebay etc - there are loads of fakes out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jenna66

Hi

A site with info on spotting fake UGGs and with some good deals and discounts on authentic UGGS from reputable suppliers is

http://www.winter-boot.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

I have done quiet a bit of research for an Irish Deals blog that I write, trying to source the best value genuine Ugg Boots from online retailers who deliver to Ireland.

Branch309 are selling genuine Uggs (they are part of the Schuh group and Schuh are a geninue distributor for Ugg Australia).
    Ultra Short Uggs for £99 with FREE delivery to Ireland.

More details and examples on my blog her.

http://irishdeals.blogspot.com/2009/10/branch-309-genuine-ugg-boots-99-free.html

I hope this info helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

brosna wrote: »
    Branch309 are selling genuine Uggs (they are part of the Schuh group and Schuh are a geninue distributor for Ugg Australia).
    Ultra Short Uggs for £99 with FREE delivery to Ireland.

Good price but unfortunately the Ultra Short are cheaper because no one really likes them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

Pythia wrote: »
    Good price but unfortunately the Ultra Short are cheaper because no one really likes them.

True dat..

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

With the way Sterling has gone, its cheaper to buy UGG boots from (specific) UK webstores that ship to Ireland.

For example, real short classic UGG boots are selling for about €210 here in Dublin today but cost only about €163 (£150) from UK websites (before shipping costs).

If you visit my blog post about UGG boots, you can get a code for a further 5% off, bringing the cost down to below €150 (£135).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 shoeaholic

I just ordered from Cloggs.co.uk and got 3 for 2 on all UGGs worked out at €120 per pair!!! Bargin in my eyes.

PM me for promotion code!!! it's only valid until the 11th of Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Hi

I am going to get myself some uggs, however I'm unsure what kind to get.
    I got the Classic tall in Chocolate last year, and I love them, especially in this weather and my toes feel like there in an oven:)
    I am torn between the Bailey Buttons & Classic tall in chestnut.

Has anybody got the Bailey Buttons? Are they really short?

All suggestions and opinions welcome:D

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Have you had a look on the ugg website? There are some new woollen ones that look gorgeous.
    http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=w&productID=5824&model=Classic+Tall+Wool

I have the classic tall in both choc and chestnut and love them and i loved the bailey button when i first saw them but then they brought out that woollen one and i changed my mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Viv you have just thrown a new angle on my prob:D The wool 1s are gorgeous.

I have just been on asos and i see they have taken down their ugg prices - the Classic tall is now £152. I paid £200 for mine last year.

Oh temptation:)

Lol sorry about that :)
    Thats a great price for the uggs on asos.If i wasnt heading to the US soon id get a pair from them :) too many fakes around at the moment at least you could trust them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

Check out this site:
    www.uggoutlets-au.com
    Free shipping and you can get a good deal!

^^^^ I wouldnt buy from that site (uggoutlets) they sell fakes,ugg australia are the only ones allowed to use ugg in their domain name.Not really a good deal for fake uggs :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Redpunto

the cheaper ones ?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cassie.xo

Well if you live near dublin then dey sell them in Fitzpatricks on Grafton Street and theyre at a cheaper price than everywhere else. I got a pair there. The ankle length ones and they were €180 but theyre really worth it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Can I just ask a question about Uggs cos even tho I dont have boy they look really warm...but when it rains dont they hold the water? Surely in Ireland soggy Uggs are common...

Yeah kind of. But i dont really wear them out in the rain cos i paid 2 much 4 dem haha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chocoholic

theyre lovely. how much are the plain tall ones in the US do you no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I really like the new biker uggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Charcoal

eth0_ wrote: »
    I really like the new biker uggs.

Kensington? Have 'em, can't put into words how much I LOVE them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭bananabunch

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chocoholic

They look genuine alright. When I tried them on I found the uggs with the zips to be a lot tighter compared to the classic ones in the same size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Charcoal wrote: »
    Kensington? Have 'em, can't put into words how much I LOVE them!!!

These ones: http://www.office.co.uk/womens/ugg/kensington_biker_boot/17/7246/19556/1/

Advertisement