Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knitting for africa

• 16-02-2020 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anybody know a knitting for africa charity or any other knitting charity in dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

GALTEI wrote: »
    Does anybody know a knitting for africa charity or any other knitting charity in dublin.

The last I heard it was costing so much to send the garments out? And that the y had to warehouse garments> But I may well be way out of date; others will know better?

I knit constantly; for my faith family who work in India and Canada with very needy folk, especially abandoned babies. But I knit mostly to sell as they need money so badly and can buy local work there which helps in many ways,

My family tell me what will sell in Canada so that is my knitting sorted. We trade in the high end markets there.

I ran a market stall to that effect for many years, Exception at the moment in that I was asked for bright baby hats for India.

Hope you find what you are seeking. So lovely to use a skill for others,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Was thinking about all this earlier.

I wanted to knit the world a blanket, wrap it up warm and safe,,YOU know!

My faithfamily ran feeding programmes in poor areas of cities, and I knew that in one such scheme there were almost 100 children.

So I knitted 100 pairs of mittens, all sizes, all colours... every child a pair.. Great fun it was!

Later! They sold the mittens in craft shops for $9 a pair. The children needed winter boots you see... so they bought them boots AND mittens from the Dollar Shop for $1.

Taught me a lesson I have never forgotten..Love finds many ways that our loving skilled hands can give and feed.

Advertisement