Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dyson cordless

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Cordless vacumes suck.

We bought at least five of them over the last 10 years.
    Bought a corded Henry and it worlds apart from any cordless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

paska wrote: »
    Cordless vacumes suck.

We bought at least five of them over the last 10 years.
    Bought a corded Henry and it worlds apart from any cordless.

I think that's the purpose :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

audi02 wrote: »
    but my downstairs one and my mothers one both died within a few days of esch other whereby the battery will only last 10-15 seconds now. Only had them less than 2 years. They wouldn't replace the battery, wanted €70 odd euro for one

This issue is actually not the battery, it is due to dirt getting into the machine. If you take the Dyson completely apart and clean it, it fixes the issue. This isn't a normal clean as described in the Dyson manual, it is completely unscrewing everything. Their are videos on youtube on how to do this.

I had this issue, followed the youtube videos and now working perfectly again. DC59, have it about 6 years, fantastic piece of equipment IMO.

BTW you can also get third party batteries for about €30 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ULMarc

bk wrote: »
    This issue is actually not the battery, it is due to dirt getting into the machine. If you take the Dyson completely apart and clean it, it fixes the issue. This isn't a normal clean as described in the Dyson manual, it is completely unscrewing everything. Their are videos on youtube on how to do this.

The cyclonic filters need free flowing air to work. Yeah, it's a good idea to disassemble and clean them out if they do get gummed up. Though, ensuring the bin doesn't overfill greatly reduces the risk of build up on the cyclones and pre-motor filter.

Admittedly, is does not take a lot to fill the bin. Especially during an eager first clean where you're not paying attention to it. But I've found regularly emptying the bin to be no hassle at all.

I really enjoy using the thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

When disassembling the upright for the first time(new and was pulsing), especially with a clean freak wife around, don't do what I did. I pulled the flap at the top to take out the filter and this itself caused the bottom to open and everything just poured onto the floor. She was not impressed.

Had to get onto Dyson Chat on a Sunday morning around 10am and they were very quick to solve the pulsing issue, basically hold the trigger for at least 10 seconds and boom the problem was gone.

V7 Motorhead, we picked it up recently in a shop who decided to stop selling Dyson and got it new for €150. It's okay I guess, I wouldn't be cleaning the whole house with it because of the battery but for a quick run around and the car it's quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Have the V11 absolute since September 19, can't fault it, superb on tiles and wood flooring, also excellent on stairs/landing carpet, the amount of dust it pulls from the carpet is impressive. It much better than our corded 'Hoover' vacuum on carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Italix wrote: »
    There's a Xiaomi version on AliExpress posted by a seller with a warehouse in Europe.
    It's €189.88 with free shipping from Spain.

https://bit.ly/36Tvz52

Hi, do you have experience with these xiaomi dreame vacuums? I'm thinking about getting v9 or v10 it's just there are not many reviews. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

kave2 wrote: »
    Hi, do you have experience with these xiaomi dreame vacuums? I'm thinking about getting v9 or v10 it's just there are not many reviews. Thanks.

I've a Dreame V9 for last 2 months. Can't vouch for its long term reliability but it's been a huge upgrade from Dyson V6 I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Have a V8 animal one. Would never go back to a corded vac. Got mine for half price though but would be slow to purchase at full whack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

ongarite wrote: »
    I've a Dreame V9 for last 2 months. Can't vouch for its long term reliability but it's been a huge upgrade from Dyson V6 I had.
    How do you find it on carpets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

DID Electrical have the V11 Absolute for €549.00 for the next few days. €100 off normal price which is still cheaper than most I've seen.

Just bought this amazing machine. We hoovered yesterday and the amount we lifted in 5 minutes of using the Dyson is truly scary! :)

Hi I replaced my Dyson V6 with this
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xiaomi-dreame-v9-cordless-vacuum-3398057#thread-comments

I prefer the xiaomi , easier to use, more powerful, longer battery and better range of attachments

If you prefer to Dyson to xiaomi , HUKD should be the first place to check for Dyson

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi I replaced my Dyson V6 with this
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xiaomi-dreame-v9-cordless-vacuum-3398057#thread-comments

I prefer the xiaomi , easier to use, more powerful, longer battery and better range of attachments

If you prefer to Dyson to xiaomi , HUKD should be the first place to check for Dyson

any chance you still have the carpet head for the V6 been looking to get a replacement one.

deco72 wrote: »
    any chance you still have the carpet head for the V6 been looking to get a replacement one.

No Sorry

however Ali might
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200228103402&SearchText=dyson+v6+head

Advertisement