Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Large multimedia monitor to replace a tv

• 21-01-2020 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any sub €300 40" screens worth buying for Netflix /streaming etc. Failing that, a good quality budget 32".

Not for gaming. Simply replacing a 40" telly that I currently use for streaming.

Power city had 32" monitors advertised in January but it had all of the hallmarks of their usual sales scams.

Anyone recommend either a walk in store or online?

If there's a recent thread on this, would appreciate the steer also.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Does it have to be a 40" TV? The bezel on newer ones is a good bit smaller than older ones - so much so I will be replacing a 10-year old 46" TV with a 55" TV, as the outside dimensions are the same...

There was a thread in December of someone looking for a 43" TV, and there is mention of an LG TV in Lidl tomorrow.

Failing that, I always look at Richersounds (they have a "Talk To" forum here). They have a 43" 4K TV for €269 delivered, at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    Does it have to be a 40" TV? The bezel on newer ones is a good bit smaller than older ones - so much so I will be replacing a 10-year old 46" TV with a 55" TV, as the outside dimensions are the same...

There was a thread in December of someone looking for a 43" TV, and there is mention of an LG TV in Lidl tomorrow.

Failing that, I always look at Richersounds (they have a "Talk To" forum here). They have a 43" 4K TV for €269 delivered, at the moment...

Thanks, but it has to be a monitor, not a TV. When I said screen, I meant monitor. I also stated interest in 32", not exclusively 40" . The thread title states monitor, to replace a tv.

Any tips on a well-priced multimedia monitor welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I can’t really help with a 40 inch monitor, seems a weird size, but can I ask why a monitor and not a TV?

I can’t really help with a 40 inch monitor, seems a weird size, but can I ask why a monitor and not a TV?

Because I want a monitor. Of any size greater than 32" for less than € 300. The thread is about monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Because I want a monitor. Of any size greater than 32" for less than € 300. The thread is about monitors.

I was just asking because monitors generally have pretty crappy speakers, so hope you have a decent set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

160 saving per year if you don't have something capable of receiving television signal?

Alkers wrote: »
    160 saving per year if you don't have something capable of receiving television signal?

I started this thread. I've requested a 'monitor'. That's what Bargain Requests is about, not off-thread derailments.
    Hopefully some users can recommend what I'm seeking.

Bump.
    Anyone any suggestions or is a 32" monitor most likely at that price?
    Is an Amazon purchase of a large monitor ill-advised?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

Have you considered buying a TV instead?

Del007 wrote: »
    Have you considered buying a TV instead?

No. Not in my focus.

'Replacing' a 40" telly. Have you not read the thread title and the further explanatory posts?? Post reported.

• Advertisement

there are a few large monitors available here

https://tinyurl.com/qrf3nrl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

glasso wrote: »
    there are a few large monitors available here

https://tinyurl.com/qrf3nrl

Came in to post to help, read your replies to others, then saw this link.
    No further help needed.

Mods, am I missing something here.

I've requested help re sourcing a monitor but I've received nothing but advice on perhaps considering a TV.

Why would I want a TV when I requested a monitor? Why are some thinking they're in After Hours?

Stop trying to second-guess people and answer within the parameters of the OP, or don't reply at all. That's how Boards works surely. This is not Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Only 1080P but matches your requirements (40") and budget but may need to use ParcelMotel or similar
    https://www.ebuyer.com/826437-hannspree-hl407upb-40-full-hd-hdmi-monitor-hl407upb
    32" Version here for a little less
    https://www.box.co.uk/HANNspree-HL326UPB-31.5-Full-HD-ADS-IPS_2573823.html

cunavalos wrote: »
    Only 1080P but matches your requirements (40") and budget but may need to use ParcelMotel or similar
    https://www.ebuyer.com/826437-hannspree-hl407upb-40-full-hd-hdmi-monitor-hl407upb
    32" Version here for a little less
    https://www.box.co.uk/HANNspree-HL326UPB-31.5-Full-HD-ADS-IPS_2573823.html

Thank you very much. Very decent of you.

Your attitude stinks, that's why.

glasso wrote: »
    Your attitude stinks, that's why.
    My attitude stinks because I point blank don't want a television and have asked for advice on a monitor?
    Your arrogance is astounding.

arrogance? lol

you couldn't possibly have shown more in your obnoxious replies to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I think this thread has run its course. Time to lock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement