Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

tuxy wrote: »
    Just to give some more insight in to the way this woman thinks. Before her old post on Facebook were made private she had made a post about the robbery using a digger on Lidl in Tallaght back in March.She was ecstatic on seeing the photos of the takings posted on social media
    Just absolutely loathsome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

The only interesting part of the story is trying to figure out how you can try rob 300 yoyos worth of stuff from Penneys and think you'll get away with it.

7 kids, clothes never recovered.

Great ma she is, apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Apparantly she was just given airtime on FM104.. Anyone catch what was said?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Vote Peter Casey!

meeeeh wrote: »
    What I can figure out is how can you actually carry 300 Euro worth of clothing out of Penny's. Did she use a trolley?

One mother and 2 young kids seated in a buggy go in, mother and 2 kids, now walking, come out.

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    The last time I went into Pennys I spent 80 quid. The bag of stuff I got for that amount was MASSIVE.

How did she manage to carry €321 euros worth?

Herself and the 6 kids carrying around 40-50 euro each worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Herself and the 6 kids carrying around 40-50 euro each worth?

Here is is MT forecast for that day in Feb she was nicking the rags ,wonder if it was a factor ?

Forecasts for Ireland

ALERT for locally heavy snow and hail showers that could produce poor driving or walking conditions, more likely in higher parts of north and west, but especially around late morning and early afternoon cannot be ruled out elsewhere. Also ADVANCE ALERT for possible strong winds Wednesday night (valid 1900h Wednesday to 0500h Thursday) in all regions as a fast-moving and potentially intensifying low travels across northern counties during the night. Gusts to 120 km/hr are possible with this and there may be late-breaking changes to forecasts as the system is still in a rather early stage of its life cycle (presently about 1015 mbs south of Newfoundland, Canada).

TODAY will be a very cold day in part due to persistently strong westerly winds at about 70 to 110 km/hr at times, and squally showers of hail, sleet or snow could hit almost anywhere with at least temporary disruptions to travel. There will be brighter intervals but still cold and windy in those, as highs reach only 2 to 6 C. Some of the heavier squalls could produce thunder as well.

TONIGHT will likely be much the same although there could be more rain showers in the mixture of wintry showers, and winds will continue brisk, west-northwesterly at about 60 to 90 km/hr. Lows of about -1 to +2 C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Stan. wrote: »
    Was it underwear or clothes for the kids?

a communion dress

Here is is MT forecast for that day in Feb she was nicking the rags ,wonder if it was a factor ?

Forecasts for Ireland

ALERT for locally heavy snow and hail showers that could produce poor driving or walking conditions, more likely in higher parts of north and west, but especially around late morning and early afternoon cannot be ruled out elsewhere. Also ADVANCE ALERT for possible strong winds Wednesday night (valid 1900h Wednesday to 0500h Thursday) in all regions as a fast-moving and potentially intensifying low travels across northern counties during the night. Gusts to 120 km/hr are possible with this and there may be late-breaking changes to forecasts as the system is still in a rather early stage of its life cycle (presently about 1015 mbs south of Newfoundland, Canada).

TODAY will be a very cold day in part due to persistently strong westerly winds at about 70 to 110 km/hr at times, and squally showers of hail, sleet or snow could hit almost anywhere with at least temporary disruptions to travel. There will be brighter intervals but still cold and windy in those, as highs reach only 2 to 6 C. Some of the heavier squalls could produce thunder as well.

TONIGHT will likely be much the same although there could be more rain showers in the mixture of wintry showers, and winds will continue brisk, west-northwesterly at about 60 to 90 km/hr. Lows of about -1 to +2 C.

Why the fook do you keep posting? Shame on you for defending some that gets about 50 grand a year for doing nothing but go on the Rob, gets driving offences against them(37,that makes most of us that pay insurance cost us more) and still claims that the government of robbing them. Yet you are defending her?! Wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Read the RTE link someone posted-gotta love the way RTE 'skirts' around naming her.

'Homeless woman'...with an address at...

So is she homeless or not? The woman couldn't even turn up on time, which just shows arrogance. Who wants to bet she breaks the law before her bond time is up? These types always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

In fairness folks wouldn't we all love living next to these lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO-Adcb8yRQ

Forecasts for Ireland

Wtf?! This is not Dickensian London.

Any idea what the driving ones are for?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Her interview.
    HOMELESS Margaret Cash insisted she never claimed to be a saint — after admitting to nicking clothes from Penneys

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3274135/margaret-cash-saint-avoiding-jail-penneys/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Birdnuts wrote: »
    In fairness folks wouldn't we all love living next to these lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO-Adcb8yRQ

MiggleDee would :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Her interview.
    HOMELESS Margaret Cash insisted she never claimed to be a saint — after admitting to nicking clothes from Penneys

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3274135/margaret-cash-saint-avoiding-jail-penneys/

The question I keep having (besides the 300 quid maths and division) is how can someone claim to be homeless, yet still have an address?

Hit and runs I expect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Cash said: “I don’t know what the shoplifting has to do with me being homeless, it is my private life."

Is she for real?!

Wtf?! This is not Dickensian London.

I am aware of that,I was pointing out that it was very cold in Feb 2018 and wonder if any coats or scarfs were in the mix of clothes robbed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

smurgen wrote: »
    And what good will MDH do?he's just another leech attached to the arse of the tax payer
    he could write a poem about it

I don't know really the default is she is very wealthy yet feels the need to occasionally nick communion dresses from Pennies cos she is such a terrible mother ,yes let's kill the bitch much easier position to argue.
    She's not very wealthy but she is in receipt of a lot of state benefits and she isn't one bit appreciative of this; nobody said let's kill her - people are just disgusted by her self entitled attitude, and she didn't just rob a few communion dresses.

Hit and runs I expect

Dunno if you’re serious or not, it’s late.

No licence no insurance no tax no nct... So we always pay extra.

Dunno if you’re serious or not, it’s late.

Course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cash said: “I don’t know what the shoplifting has to do with me being homeless, it is my private life."

Is she for real?!

Yes. And she'll still be paraded around like a poster girl by various groups and continue to be defended by morons on here.

Is she for real?!

That's got to be one of the most tone deaf, ridiculous comments I've ever seen, even coming from her.

Any homeless group / NGO / charity that makes her a speaker at any event now after this deserves to get media / public backlash, still I doubt this will be the end of her public presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

She's not very wealthy but she is in receipt of a lot of state benefits and she isn't one bit appreciative of this; nobody said let's kill her - people are just disgusted by her self entitled attitude, and she didn't just rob a few communion dresses.

I cant afford to shop in Penneys so I go to charity shops. Ms Cash is better dressed than I am. But I've noticed that there are no children's clothes for sale in charity shops. I don't know where poor people with large families can get second hand clothes these days other than sharing them with friends and neighbours - which we all did when I was growing up or handing them down.I don't think organisations like St Vincent de Paul collect used children's clothes anymore for the needy as I understand that either money or new items are preferable.

The money she gets is mostly for the children, who have not done anything wrong yet.

Someone made a point further back in this thread about the children wearing school uniforms in the summer. They are like me when I was a kid - the only clothes I had!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

cbreeze wrote: »

Someone made a point further back in this thread about the children wearing school uniforms in the summer. They are like me when I was a kid - the only clothes I had!
    A cynic might jump to the conclusion that the thinking went long the lines of “if I put de childers in dere yoonifroms, and de peeple lookin’ at de pikchurs think dey has to be at skoole in de mornin’, de peeples will feel even sorrier fer me and I’d be gettin’ even more free stuff quikker”.

A deeper cynic might go so far as to suppose that Ms. ‘just gimme all the’ Cash didn’t come up with this thought herself, but just thought it was a grand idea altogether when it was suggested to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

It was payday for the media in this country when a picture of 'homeless kids in thrir uniforms was posted of them asleep in the garda station.

For gods sake the liberal crowd in ireland couldnt have asked for better. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Get that poor woman and her equally poor kids a home. How awful it must be to be homeless blah blah blah

Didnt see any of them rushing to house her or her kids.

Then when the truth cones out and the media finally discover what type of person she really is do any of them question such a lifestyle. No they bloody dont.

Child benefit should be stopped after 2nd child. People on welfare shoukd have amount reduced the longer they're on it to encourage them to actually work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement