Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Programme on tonight at 9pm on TV3/Virgin on the origins of the feud. May be a repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭benny79

Dont think it is as they have being advertising it all week but it be all the same old stuff €160 of a well worth licence fee right there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

septictank wrote: »
    Just got Life.

How long will he serve on a life sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

redbuck wrote: »

the average is about 22 years. he'll be an old man when he gets out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

redbuck wrote: »
    Probably out already. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

the average is about 22 years. he'll be an old man when he gets out.

He'll be about fifty if he does the full 22, wonder how his son will get on now with daddy out of the picture, especially the fact people are out for his blood.

tomofson wrote: »
    He'll be about fifty if he does the full 22, wonder how his son will get on now with daddy out of the picture, especially the fact people are out for his blood.

He is 37 so he will be nearly 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭septictank

Not too sure but the average is 22 years AFAIK.

He is 37 so he will be nearly 60.

Sorry yeah he will be nearly sixty, still old enough to do damage I suppose, but I doubt there will be very much "gangland" in twenty years time.

Sorry yeah he will be nearly sixty, still old enough to do damage I suppose, but I doubt there will be very much "gangland" in twenty years time.

i will be surprised if there is much of freddie in 22 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Brian Meehan must be nearly 20 years inside now, and theres no talk of him being released anytime soon.

Can life actually mean life is this country?

He'll be got for what he done to that young lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Looks like John Smith has also revealed who they are. Puppy Lovin was right the whole time.

thebull85 wrote: »

I wouldn't be feeling one bit sorry for him if he was, but could daddy still order retaliation from behind bars? Or will he just fade away and become a nobody?

Brian Meehan must be nearly 20 years inside now, and theres no talk of him being released anytime soon.

two englishmen were jailed for life for the torture and murder of two women in 1978. One of them died 5 or 6 years ago in prison. the other is still inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rondog

what young lad?Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rondog

I wouldn't be feeling one bit sorry for him if he was, but could daddy still order retaliation from behind bars? Or will he just fade away and become a nobody?
    Freddie was just being used by Daniel kinahan,he is disposable like the rest of them.Daniel will wash his hands of him and Freddie ,now being lcoked up for life, will just fade away.Dont be surprised if and when the cartel crumbles will we see Freddie attacked in jail from his many enemies.The hutches will be gunning for him.Barry Doyle is out for freddies blood after he put bullets in his brother.All the old drimnagh gang will have a target on freddies head too.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Steviesol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Not sure if true but I heard that going back over thirty years the killers Shaw and Evans were brought into the Governors office and were told they would never be released. One has died and the other is still inside. It was a good deterrent of a sentence as they never killed again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Clytus wrote: »
    Looks like John Smith has also revealed who they are. Puppy Lovin was right the whole time.

where is this??? not on twitter...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

where is this??? not on twitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭benny79

I heard hes being smoking the brown since hes being locked up.. but dont know how true it is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

The whistleblower said brothers, what brothers have been killed in this? It still doesn't identity them(IMO it's more than one person running that account)

Puppy lovin has at least 50 accounts, Vic the Russian is the worse source on twitter, she needs serious help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

The whistleblower said brothers, what brothers have been killed in this? It still doesn't identity them(IMO it's more than one person running that account)

Puppy lovin has at least 50 accounts, Vic the Russian is the worse source on twitter, she needs serious help.

I think it's just the absence of an apostrophe - "my brother's death" as opposed to "my brothers death. So one of his brothers was killed.

See the cut of him getting brought into court?

Grey trackie bottoms on him.

Defo on the bobby brown.

See the cut of him getting brought into court?

Grey trackie bottoms on him.

Defo on the bobby brown.

When someones clothes get confiscated in custody the garda go to penneys to buy them new clothes, I'd say thats what happened there.

Its an old picture anyway going back to about 2011.

When someones clothes get confiscated in custody the garda go to penneys to buy them new clothes, I'd say thats what happened there.

Its an old picture anyway going back to about 2011.

This is actual footage i just seen on RTE of him being brought into court this morning.

And about the clothes, yeah im aware of what happens but you can get attire for court sent in by the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yeah, parole is not a certainty. The State have the right to hold the convicted person for the rest of their life.

It's up to the discretion of the Justice Minister of the day.

Average time served on a life sentence these days is 22 years.

This is actual footage i just seen on RTE of him being brought into court this morning.

And about the clothes, yeah im aware of what happens but you can get attire for court sent in by the family.

I doubt very much that was him arriving in court today, was he taking in via prison van, it is very hard to get a shot of the prisoners being taking into the special criminal court as they are usually taking in via underground car park which is out of view of camera shots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

I think it's just the absence of an apostrophe - "my brother's death" as opposed to "my brothers death. So one of his brothers was killed.

Brothers could be right, the Kavanagh brothers were killed by their own (on cancer's orders)and the whistleblower does mention they don't know any hutches.

The cartel has ripped off and killed so many now it's difficult to pin the account down to anyone or persons, they have covered their tracks well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement