Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Found a sim card on my stairs.....

Options
  • 12-12-2014 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

As thread title says, I found a sim card today while hoovering the stairs. No idea where it came from. Only me and OH living here, although there were 2 workmen here this morning to look at the bathroom (do workmen carry loose sim cards in their pockets? Does anyone for that matter??). I tried putting it in my phone to see what saucy/juicy stuff I might find on it, alas; it is not from my network. So, AH, what possible explanations can you offer for the mysteriously appearing sim card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Do you have an old unlocked phone you could put it in? Or a sim card reader device? Maybe there is someone living in your attic?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

As thread title says, I found a sim card today while hoovering the stairs. No idea where it came from. Only me and OH living here, although there were 2 workmen here this morning to look at the bathroom (do workmen carry loose sim cards in their pockets? Does anyone for that matter??). I tried putting it in my phone to see what saucy/juicy stuff I might find on it, alas; it is not from my network. So, AH, what possible explanations can you offer for the mysteriously appearing sim card?

Mr Postman is delivering to other addresses

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply, and after much analysis of the various and varied variables and simulating countless possible scenarios a thousand years into the past and future, like Deep Blue on speed, reckons that somebody probably accidentally dropped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's Christopher Walken's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

You lead a very exciting life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

There wont be anything on the card except phone numbers so no saucy stuff for you.

of course, your OH could be leading a double life, cooking meth in the wilds of cavan and getting deeper and deeper into the drug trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

jimgoose wrote: »
    The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply, and after much analysis of the various and varied variables and simulating countless possible scenarios a thousand years into the past and future, like Deep Blue on speed, reckons that somebody probably accidentally dropped it.
    Or the OH is leading a clandestine existance without your knowledge :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

There wont be anything on the card except phone numbers so no saucy stuff for you.

of course, your OH could be leading a double life, cooking meth in the wilds of cavan and getting deeper and deeper into the drug trade.

There might be only one number on the other sim!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

It's a clue! Put the sim in a working phone and await your instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Stick it in your phone and ring 112 and ask them who's calling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

The SIM card is from Morpheous and the lads. You are the one.

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Or the OH is leading a clandestine existance without your knowledge :eek:

This is entirely possible but in no way contradicts my answer. The question was "what possible explanations can you offer for the mysteriously appearing sim card?". Further investigation comes by further arrangement and at outrageous expense. As it stands, you owe the Oracle a signed boobie picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

You're OH is clearly having an affair.
    Best post in the Relationships forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

What network is the other half on ?

jimgoose wrote: »
    As it stands, you owe the Oracle a signed boobie picture.
    http://ricklax.com/files/images/P1010425.jpg

Mesrine65 wrote: »

The Oracle is most displeased that your cheques, like those boobies, are made of rubber and not signed. :D

^^^ :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Yup, definitely an affair. Go snooping and see if he has 2 types of phone chargers lying around the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Sorry, I forgot to mention that our baby also lives here with us but seeing as his ability with electronics doesn't extend beyond dribbling on them, I think we can rule him out.

OH is on the same network as the sim card but as far as illicit/clandestine affairs go, I'm 100% certain that I satisfy/frighten/exhaust him in equal enough measure that it's not possible :pac: I find the notion of him leading a double life as a criminal or spy quite intriguing though...... And also, there could be someone stowing away in the attic :eek:

Of course, I could always just call the workmen, who would be the most plausible explanation, but then I risk sounding like a eejit nutjob if it isn't theirs and then they might not come back and fix the toilet :(

Sorry, I forgot to mention that our baby also lives here with us but seeing as his ability with electronics doesn't extend beyond dribbling on them, I think we can rule him out.

OH is on the same network as the sim card but as far as illicit/clandestine affairs go, I'm 100% certain that I satisfy/frighten/exhaust him in equal enough measure that it's not possible :pac: I find the notion of him leading a double life as a criminal or spy quite intriguing though...... And also, there could be someone stowing away in the attic :eek:

Of course, I could always just call the workmen, who would be the most plausible explanation, but then I risk sounding like a eejit nutjob if it isn't theirs and then they might not come back and fix the toilet :(

That <SWOOOSH> you can hear is Occam's Razor cleaving the air like the great dai-katana. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭powerstar

You better spying on OH from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

whiskeyman wrote: »
    You're OH is clearly having an affair.
    Best post in the Relationships forum.
    Funny you should say that, exact thing happened to my sister in law. She found a SIM - stuck it into her phone and found saucy texts from her husband. When her husband admitted he was having an affair, she threw the phone at him and whatever way it connected, it ended up dislocating his eye socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Funny you should say that, exact thing happened to my sister in law. She found a SIM - stuck it into her phone and found saucy texts from her husband. When her husband admitted he was having an affair, she threw the phone at him and whatever way it connected, it ended up dislocating his eye socket.

I would never condone domestic violence but there is definitely an amusing irony in that story.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Ahh...hate to say it but I thought the same about my OH...not putting thoughts in your head or anything..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Does it look like it may be semi digested, a vague small of poo per chance?

Does your husband look like any of these gentlemen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Put it in your phone and ring up some assHole politician with a death threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

OH is on the same network as the sim card but as far as illicit/clandestine affairs go, I'm 100% certain that I satisfy/frighten/exhaust him in equal enough measure that it's not possible :pac:

Put it in his phone then. If it's the same network then it will work. If he doesn't let you then be worried.

Advertisement