Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boy 2 falls down 110 metre well in Malaga

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

myshirt wrote: »
    Man I think there are a couple of people who will meet up, it's not a joke.

All the way from Athy to Stradbally. Even in the local for the next Manchester United game.

Whats Athy, Stradbally and Man Utd got to do with anything

• Registered Users Posts: 35,609 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All seems so over complicated the approach to the rescue.

myshirt wrote: »
    From Malin Head to Mizen Head then.

These type of things anger people and you can be sure someone will be getting kicked in the face or striped with a blade if people don't cool the heels here. Cry to the guards like a big girls blouse but it won't stop it, it's modern day internet gone mad but it's very very real. Don't fob it off with 'Sure'. Instead, people need to calm down. No one wants to see a person slashed across the face cos they thought they were a smart man on an internet forum, be it boards, Facebook, Twitter etc, it's not worth it.

Edit: Look at this story as an example. Internet is gone mad. So everyone here should cool the heels and not be threatening each other. No one ultimately has ill wishes for the boy, tasteless jokes or not.

https://www.thejournal.ie/ennis-teenager-face-stitches-attack-3677097-Nov2017/

I dont think anyone has wished any ill upon the kid. The issue was the reaction to a youtube link

Its a discussion forum, not evrryone will agree but threatening isnt the solution to a difference of opinion

“Emergency services fear Julen is beneath the bank of wet sand discovered 250ft down. By midday yesterday, just 30cm of earth had been removed from the shaft.

Elias Bendodo, president of the Provincial Council of Malaga, said the search and rescue teams “would not stop until they found him”

I really can’t stop thinking about this poor little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭spakman

Me neither, but I think I'll try to stay away from this thread. It's too scary and upsetting to think about what happened and what his parents must be going through. I hope it was over very quick for the poor little lad and that he knew very little of what was happening.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

We need a miracle

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

i feel sick for the parents. a living nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I've lived in Spain for a bit. There are places with unprotected 5m drops adjacent to a public footpath.

I used to pass a couple on my way home from work thinking a small child or even someone with a few drinks just needs to make a small misjudgment to be killed.

It's ridiculous.
    what happened to family is tragic, but most places in Europe dont have that compo mentality where youll be able to sue someone over slipping and hurting yourself like a lot of stupid stuff youd read people get here over nothing, Spain Portugal etc, they have towns layered with stone pathways that after some rain with slippers would break ones head open, cliffs that dont have any railing or support. Thou in some sense one has to be responsible for actions their doing and not be expecting nanny state to warn of every slip and drop that could happen if one doesn't take care themselves.

thou in this case id say it was proper negligence whoever made a drill hole given its depth,not to cover it properly as seems area is remote from any path.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I have kids so there goes your theory.

Have you ever met them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Fuaranach wrote: »
    I checked El Pais and a very imperfect Google-translated update 30 minutes ago is here:

If the highlighted translated section is accurate, are they casting aspersions on the authenticity of the parents' story? It seems odd the story is not getting more publicity.

i wouldn't trust Google translate for nuance

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Have you ever met them?
    And what relevance is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

With the sheer depth and likely hood of water being reached at that depth, it's impossible to see a good outcome for the poor toddler. As someone else pointed out I hope it was quick for him.

It's maddening the negligence of the people who drilled it and then didn't appropriately cover or refill it in. I hope there are people thinking about similar holes all over Europe and they will take action to revisit and close them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 milanomosher

Edit: Quick update, it looks like they have obtained samples of hair from the well that indicate that the boy is there, and not that they have actually discovered a body.

https://elpais.com/politica/2019/01/16/actualidad/1547625236_087830.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Reports that the body has been located...utterly heart-breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Sickening. I can only echo what someone said earlier - that he had a quick death.

Makes me feel sick thinking of a little kid dying alone at the bottom of that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

poor fella :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Keyzer wrote: »
    Sickening. I can only echo what someone said earlier - that he had a quick death.

Makes me feel sick thinking of a little kid dying alone at the bottom of that well.

I think it was quick. The father said he heard him crying for 30 seconds and then nothing, if it had been long and sustained then I assume they would have heard more sounds - with this story I will take whatever consolation I can get. Think of whatever ****ty little problems you have and then think of what this family has gone through, losing their 3 year old to sudden cardiac arrest and then their 2 year old like this - pain beyond comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

donfers wrote: »
    I think it was quick. The father said he heard him crying for 30 seconds and then nothing, if it had been long and sustained then I assume they would have heard more sounds - with this story I will take whatever consolation I can get. Think of whatever ****ty little problems you have and then think of what this family has gone through, losing their 3 year old to sudden cardiac arrest and then their 2 year old like this - pain beyond comprehension.

I don't say this lightly but, if I were in those circumstances, I personally wouldn't be able to continue.

Life will move on, this story will be forgotten but those parents have to live with this for the rest of their lives. Terribly sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

New sources here in Malaga have mixed reporting going on. Some only referring to the hair found and that rescue mission is still ongoing as recent as a few minutes ago. Others reporting over three hours ago that a body has been found.

Really hoping it's a translation thing and he is in fact still fighting down there and will be found

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

The Olive paper states that a body was found on an article posted at 1:30pm then they have a lead article an hour later talking about DNA only from hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Please god this little fella is found alive. I know its going to take a miracle but we live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Please god this little fella is found alive. I know its going to take a miracle but we live in hope.

Been thinking about this little guy all day, please please he's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Does anyone have information on when the searchers hope to get to the boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Of course both could be true. A body found, but the recovery continues. Credit to the rescuers, it's a difficult task at hand especially given the extreme depth. The work will continue to reunite the we lad with his parents.

I really hope it's not forgotten. There are lessons to be learned here around well drilling and exploration. Things have to be put back in a safe way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

rn wrote: »
    Of course both could be true. A body found, but the recovery continues. Credit to the rescuers, it's a difficult task at hand especially given the extreme depth. The work will continue to reunite the we lad with his parents.

I really hope it's not forgotten. There are lessons to be learned here around well drilling and exploration. Things have to be put back in a safe way.

If the well was not covered and bolted down, whoever is responsible should be doing jail time

https://twitter.com/juanykeville/status/1085520268301348864?s=21

They have to be taking the piss
    DNA confirmed they reported

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

https://twitter.com/juanykeville/status/1085520268301348864?s=21

They have to be taking the piss
    DNA confirmed they reported

I don't think the body has been found, just hair. I can't see him being alive after 4 days

Is it possible that there is enough air down there to survive, can we at least say there is indeed air, that a miracle is still possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

A body hasn't been found. They are currently opening to tunnels, one verticaly and one horizontal to where they think he is.

There is a news source here in Malaga at the scene providing libe updates and still speaking about finding him alive

https://www.lavanguardia.com/sucesos/20190117/454176721706/nino-pozo-totalan-malaga-rescate-cuerpo-julen-ultimas-noticias-en-directo.html

Advertisement