Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who thinks Trump will win?

• 01-09-2020 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hope the mods don't mind a new thread, but I just want to see how many of us think Trump will beat Biden in Nov?
    I think he just has so much of a populist ground swell and I wouldn't be surprised if 'external' participants get involved in the process.

Do you think he'll get reelected?
    Where will that leave America?

Will Trump get Re-Elected? 1736 votes

Hells yes! No problem!! *Gunshots*
    68% 1187 votes
    He'll probably get it on a narrow lead.
    7% 133 votes
    Not a chance! It's Bidens game now.
    15% 268 votes
    Atari Trumpuar
    8% 148 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Hope the mods don't mind a new thread, but I just want to see how many of us think Trump will beat Biden in Nov?
    I think he just has so much of a populist ground swell and I wouldn't be surprised if 'external' participants get involved in the process.

Do you think he'll get reelected?
    Where will that leave America?

I absolutely hope he doesn't but I don't know it's hard to see how he loses. He has a sold 35% bought and paid for (like guaranteed vote) so he only needs around 1 in 5 voters after this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Yep, he'll win.

I heard a snippet of Biden this morning and he sounded woeful. Dems have effed it up again in their weird selection. My opinion of course and just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Yeah, he is doing well and all the left wing media supporting the riots in as far as calling them peaceful while anyone with eyes can see the buildings burning behind the reporter. This is making people switch sides as no sane educated person would dream of voting for a party that supports that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I didn't think he would until the riots took a bit of a sinister twist recently, optics are bad for Biden and the Dems who rightly or wrongly could be viewed as backing the protests and riots "initially" but now have given Trump a large stick to beat them with. The behaviour of some of the protestors could push those who would have been sympathetic to the movement and in the middle ground towards Trump as his handling of Covid-19 is being pushed from the headlines.

Who knows though its anyones race at the minute. Race relations is going to be a massive issue for a while now I imagine. And Im sure we'll feel the shockwaves of it here unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I'd say he'll be re-elected, but lose the popular vote by a wider margin, which means nothing really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

Can't stand the man and think he's a terrible human being but still think he'll get back in.. Even if he doesn't I think Merica is too divided and has a long way back..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Biden looks like he's been pumped full of enough meds to enable him to read out a few inane talking points. Trump win imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I think he’ll win, he’s not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he’s the president america deserves and is in my book a better representative of the american people than Biden could ever be. (Which is more a comment on the general american population than biden)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Hopefully he does get re-elected so he can keep making America Great for another 4 years.

The Dems are doing themselves no favours with this rhetoric.

https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/status/1300520249196978176?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wow, wasn't expecting such a response already for Trump!
    Guess my fears..like many others... will probably be realised.

• Advertisement

If Biden did win wonder what the odds would be of him being assassinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Quite low, everyone said that about obama, didnt happen. The american right are not the ones who are that sore about losing. Wouldnt expect riots, protests or investigations either like we saw in 2016

Quite low, everyone said that about obama, didnt happen. The american right are not the ones who are that sore about losing. Wouldnt expect riots, protests or investigations either like we saw in 2016

True enough but the country seems even further apart since the Obama era. Might be worth a fiver though :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I absolutely hope he doesn't but I don't know it's hard to see how he loses. He has a sold 35% bought and paid for (like guaranteed vote) so he only needs around 1 in 5 voters after this.

Not even that because of the electoral college. We're talking about probably a couple of hundred thousand people in each swing state.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

The republicans will win with a landslide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

All of the momentum is with Trump. Democrats dropping the ball big time. Again. Right now, I see him winning it.

nthclare wrote: »
    The republicans will win with a landslide.

Surely there's an easier way of stopping the dem voters than with a landslide! Seems a bit extreme..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

humberklog wrote: »
    Yep, he'll win.

I heard a snippet of Biden this morning and he sounded woeful. Dems have effed it up again in their weird selection. My opinion of course and just a guess.

It wouldn't matter who the Dems would have put forward. Gop supporters would still be trying to highlight the Dem candidate with perceived flaws and slurs such as "Lock her up".

Trump sounds woeful every time he speaks. We're just so used to it at this stage that it's not possible for him to be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Even if someone like Obama was running against him, I wonder would Trump still prevail?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Michelle Obama should have been cajoled / blackmailed / pleaded with to run as the Democratic candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,197 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I think the riots will hand Trump a win. Hope to be wrong, but Biden is just not a strong candidate or great speaker.

Trump should loose easily with his record but you're dealing with Americans, so anything can happen

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brentanrodgers

A few months back I was thinking he had no chance, but now I'm not so sure. I don't think the average person is thrilled to see all the riots and looting going on lately, and the subsequent reaction or lack there of from Democrats, especially local ones. It's pretty much his best angle of attack to try and get reelected - even the NYPD police union endorsed him, and they've never endorsed a Presidential candidate in their history.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Even if someone like Obama was running against him, I wonder would Trump still prevail?

No way. Someone like Obama would have a landslide victory. The democrats have picked the worst possible candidate again. Youd have to wonder is it deliberate at this stage.

I did think Trump would be gone for sure but now, I dont think so. Our visas are up for renewal early next year and if trump is in I dont think they'll be getting approved so time to put plans in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Yeah, he is doing well and all the left wing media supporting the riots in as far as calling them peaceful while anyone with eyes can see the buildings burning behind the reporter. This is making people switch sides as no sane educated person would dream of voting for a party that supports that.

Plus if the Democrats thought they had a any chance of winning they would have condemned these riots and shut them down months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It's hard to believe sometimes that a first time politician, a businessman with a dodgy reputation, inarticulate and prone to almost comic like narcissism could do at least as good a job as his predecessors but it seems to be the case...

Who knew that

Reducing the cost of pharmaceuticals for ordinary people
    Getting more ordinary people into jobs
    Getting ordinary people in to jobs that pay more
    Stop sending ordinary people to needless wars
    Getting ordinary people who were given severe jail sentences for petite crime
    Driving investment into to poor black neighbourhoods

Would go down well with voters.

That is before we get into law and order.

He is his own worst enemy sometimes, but he is one of the few people who could withstand that barrage of abuse the passes for "journalism" these days that would cripple most of us.

He has some energy for a man his age and a diabolical sense of humour....12 more years!!!

Don't be fooled by the media industry or the polls, this is going to be a landslide!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Obama would analiate him in the debates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I'd say his minders will be more concerned about him going for a late night walk in his pyjamas, getting lost and dying of hypothermia. That's the impression I get from hearing him speaking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Trump will win easily, its not even close, he let the liberals run themselves and they cant stop burning buildings and painting on streets.

There are reports from major newspapers of how the upper westside of new york is being deserted after the liberals decided to put the homeless in their fancy hotels there during corona.

Yes in my back yard they wrote. You cant get a removal or rental van now because they are so busy with these people leaving full apartment blocks deserted.

They tell the journalist its because its not safe to walk around there with all the ethnic minorities who are homeless mugging and urinating all over the place. Police cant do anything about it because the liberals would have filmed them last week and harrassed them or defunded them.

People in foreign countries are refusing to believe this and are saying the people are leaving upper west side new york because nothing is open because of lockdown imposed by their liberal leaders. They want to go live in a republican place where you can go buy a steak or quinoa steak atleast.

Look it was fun thinking we could live in a world where people were awarded for not working. People would be hugged for robbing convenience stores. People would be called joggers for robbing building sites while running. People who cash dodgey checks should be able to chose whether they wanted to be arrested or not. We would open our borders and let the whole world come live in this utopia.

But first we will go out everynight and try burn any building that generates tax to fund all this daydreaming.

Trump will smash it. Timing was perfect. Call him an idiot all you want, this is a masterstroke.

The day after he is elected the riot squads will go on a recruitment drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Biden to win. Just.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Michelle Obama should have been cajoled / blackmailed / pleaded with to run as the Democratic candidate.

Wouldn't that just play into the same problems that they had with Hillary and the notion of entitlement? Michelle Obama would be one of the worst candidates they could put forward.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement