Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I AM using that page, got the OTP (several times at this stage!!) through this page. Is there another page I should be on?

There's a Lyca portal (similar to my48)....
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/registration/

Don't know if that will make any difference.

DON'T port back to 48 until 7.99 membership is bought and use a different email address to activate the new 48 SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yes, that's a handy way of getting an 087 number on a cheap network!

I added it to my basket but it's charging €20?? At this stage, after Lyca mobile not solving my problem, eir telling me I can only port by calling 1901 and that would require me having to pay as when I call it says my membership had run out and this taking ALL DAY, I need stuff explained really, really simply. Brain is fried!!

Sorry for being thick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

It takes a long time to get the service back after switching on or airplane mode

Anyone having that issue

Thanks, will order. Have 7 days until my current membership ends, thought this would be straightforward!!

Wait until the 7 days are up, you'll lose any remaining allowances if you port now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

Can they kick you off the plan if u forget to buy membership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JimToken wrote: »
    Can they kick you off the plan if u forget to buy membership

Only if you forget for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

Ten Pin wrote: »
    There's a Lyca portal (similar to my48)....
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/registration/

Don't know if that will make any difference.

DON'T port back to 48 until 7.99 membership is bought and use a different email address to activate the new 48 SIM.

Oh, you are a GENIUS!! It was through that page that I found I was using the WRONG Lyca number, totally my fault, was using the one that the OTP came in on as the correct number wasn't written anywhere. I even asked webchat if that was right!! Just saw in the instructions where to find the number.

D'oh!

And now I've managed it, I am NOT impressed with the eir webchat - two people just cut me off and the third one was a bit snippy, as was I as it was the third time I'd asked the same question.

Off to top up new 48 number now. Thanks so much to everyone for all the help on this thread!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

L'prof wrote: »
    I still haven’t been able to top up my dad’s account and I can’t find the web chat anywhere. Tearing my hair out here, does anybody have a direct link to their webchat?

It appeared on my screen, lower right, after a few minutes of looking for it. I think you gave to stay on the site and it eventually appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

L'prof wrote: »
    I still haven’t been able to top up my dad’s account and I can’t find the web chat anywhere. Tearing my hair out here, does anybody have a direct link to their webchat?

it should pop up on this link , scroll down

https://48.ie/help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Wait until the 7 days are up, you'll lose any remaining allowances if you port now.

No you won't

• Advertisement

No you won't

That's true for porting in but not for porting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    It appeared on my screen, lower right, after a few minutes of looking for it. I think you gave to stay on the site and it eventually appears.
    orm0nd wrote: »
    it should pop up on this link , scroll down

https://48.ie/help

I eventually got through to them, thanks. They were trying to tell me that I couldn’t pay for my dad because the payment card had to be in his name :confused: I complained a bit and he said he’d have a look at what he could do before I got disconnected. In the end it worked but I’m not sure if he had to do anything on his end or not

They were trying to tell me that I couldn’t pay for my dad because the payment card had to be in his name

If that were true the gift shop wouldn't work so 48 were wrong with that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Can't make my mind up whether to switch from GOMO after nearly a month. 48 is better in some ways, but there's been a few times I've needed to switch to GOMO data. I'm not entirely sure if I trust it in the long term.

Data speeds on 48 are generally lower in my area, but streaming doesn't cut out on my commute unlike GOMO, so that's a huge plus.

But there's been a couple of times Data has dropped out completely for several minutes over the course of the month including this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I'm still unsure about 48 after porting from 3. Speeds seem to be all over the place and I had a drop in service yesterday for about an hour. I presumed it would be the same 3 service but it's clearly not. Kinda regretting moving so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Network data connection appears to have gone down the past 2 hours. :mad:

zell12 wrote: »
    Network data connection appears to have gone down the past 2 hours. :mad:

Posting from mine right now. Have you toggled airplane mode or tried a restart? I know this shouldn't be needed but it might bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

I have an IPhone. I can retrieve voicemail by calling 171, but cannot access voicemail by using the voicemail button on the phone.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

I'm still unsure about 48 after porting from 3. Speeds seem to be all over the place and I had a drop in service yesterday for about an hour. I presumed it would be the same 3 service but it's clearly not. Kinda regretting moving so far.

I've ported from Three aswell. The data does not appear to be as reliable. I get random network drops that do appear to recover after a couple of minutes. These can get annoying when you need to need to make a call or use the Internet and have to wait. Secondly, it seems to only connect on H+ (3G) instead of 4G most of the time.

Has anyone had similar issues? Could it be a setting issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Posting from mine right now. Have you toggled airplane mode or tried a restart? I know this shouldn't be needed but it might bring it back.
    It was gone circa 14:30-16:25, hence my post at 16:27

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    It was gone circa 14:30-16:25, hence my post at 16:27

I'd been using it, what I meant was it wasn't everybody that was down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

I'd been using it, what I meant was it wasn't everybody that was down.

Yeah I didn't experience any drop today. Had a 5 min drop last night. It's annoying, because it's generally quite good with fewer coverage blackspots than GOMO. But it needs to be reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

Once you buy it once before November 10th you'll keep it.

Also,you can skip payment for up to 6 months and still keep the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

I waited 5.5 hours one day for chat to appear.Needs patience.Quickest was 25 minutes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

About 3 mins both times for me, blessed.

About 3 mins both times for me, blessed.

Yeah I've never had to wait more than about 2 minutes for it to appear provided it's inside of support hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Anyone know if you get the 1gb free with the referral SIM before you sign up?

Yes, 1gb on every sim. Well you need to sign up but don't need to activate a membership or port in

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

Yes you do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yes, 1gb on every sim. Well you need to sign up but don't need to activate a membership or port in

The phone that the referral SIM was put into doesn't have 4g, only 3, should it still connect?

Advertisement