Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Comments

Good idea!

3fvevq.jpg

None of that concerns me, tbh. The PC name is used to identify one of your 5 slots. It's not like it's collected without a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I am using this for over a year now. Only use it for streaming. Works fine. At this price, its better to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭ThePott

So is using it for Netflix through a laptop pretty simple? Does it work consistently?
    Don't use a Firestick or Roku or any of that

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmm.. Bought this and tried both UK connections and iPlayer isn't working, nor the ITV hub. W10 using Chrome

Just me or anyone else having issues?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Hmm.. Bought this and tried both UK connections and iPlayer isn't working, nor the ITV hub. W10 using Chrome

Just me or anyone else having issues?

Also doesnt work for iplayer for me on mac, I have a uk ip address but still doesn't play

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Also doesnt work for iplayer for me on mac, I have a uk ip address but still doesn't play

Yep.. the US CNN seems to play alright using the US server but I wanted the UK options moreso

Chargeback then by the look of it.. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Chargeback then by the look of it

Wazzat? A refund from credit card supplier, or Paypal?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Wazzat? A refund from credit card supplier, or Paypal?

Paid via PayPal myself. Can't immediately see anything listed on the Keepsolid Help about problems or logging an issue, so unless anyone can tell me they have an active connection this afternoon to the UK streaming services, I don't think this is going to work out.

EDIT: Oh wait, theres a Chat in the bottom right.. let's see what they say.

Id be curious to know how you get on with a paypal refund also, I purchased for the same reason as yourself and if I can't get it to work, then there's no point in keeping it. I did read that some have it working on a firestick, i'll check mine in a bit and see it that works.

Paid via PayPal myself. Can't immediately see anything listed on the Keepsolid Help about problems or logging an issue, so unless anyone can tell me they have an active connection this afternoon to the UK streaming services, I don't think this is going to work out.

The refund process seems to only be a refund via credit on StackSocial.

Would Paypal refund to your card? I haven't tested mine yet, but I also paid via Paypal, but handy to know it's refundable if it doesn't work out.

• Advertisement

I've logged a support request (Chat seems to just open a ticket with a promise that someone will get back....) I'll give it till the morning and then chase via PayPal.

Worst come to worst it's €14 but still, if it won't do what i want it for (they even have iPlayer listed as a seperate conection - albeit just one of the other 2 UK links renamed - so it's obviously a main feature) there's no point having it as Aquos said above.

Their opening hours are Mon - Fri only it seems.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Their opening hours are Mon - Fri only it seems.

Thanks OK (that'll be US times I guess too so mid-afternoon here).. I'm not in a massive rush really but it would be nice to know.

In the meantime.. my advice to anyone reading this thread would be to hold off, until others who have bought can confirm it works with UK services today, or until their Support comes back.

I've logged a support request (Chat seems to just open a ticket with a promise that someone will get back....) I'll give it till the morning and then chase via PayPal.

Worst come to worst it's €14 but still, if it won't do what i want it for (they even have iPlayer listed as a seperate conection - albeit just one of the other 2 UK links renamed - so it's obviously a main feature) there's no point having it as Aquos said above.

Just checked, and have no problem watching iPlayer on my laptop on chrome. Only other thing I've done is turn off location in my quick settings on Win 10.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just checked, and have no problem watching iPlayer on my laptop on chrome. Only other thing I've done is turn off location in my quick settings on Win 10.

Hmm OK.. let me test that.....

Nope - Turned off the setting, cleared the history, restarted the connection. No joy.

What ISP are you with? Shouldn't make a difference I'd think but who knows.. Eir myself

• Registered Users Posts: 15,812 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have found their support to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Nope - Turned off the setting, cleared the history, restarted the connection. No joy.

What ISP are you with? Shouldn't make a difference I'd think but who knows.. Eir myself

They have dedicated servers for the iplayer, Netflix etc. You need to scroll right down to the bottom - did you select this server?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

It works perfectly at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Iplayer working, only purchased this this morning.

For chrome;

1. Enable extension to work in incognito.
    2. In chrome set vpn to UK.
    3. Open incognito window, vpn should be running.
    4. Google in incognito "where am I", if answer is England iplayer will work.

I am not a tech wiz so if this doesn't I don't know why, I was unable to get it to work in a normal chrome window.

With Virgin. Also checked ITV Hub, and that' works fine as well. Tried it hotspotting off my phone as well, no issues there either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

I just want this to use on my firestick-prefer not to have vpn on my laptop.

If I redeem the voucher on my laptop do you then just use that to download onto the firestick?

Baoithin66 wrote: »
    I just want this to use on my firestick-prefer not to have vpn on my laptop.

If I redeem the voucher on my laptop do you then just use that to download onto the firestick?

From memory, I think I had the app on my phone from Google Play, then used Apps2Fire to send it to my Firestick.

Discodog wrote: »
    I have found their support to be good.

Yep they've already cfome back to be fair. Impressive for a Sunday if they officially only offer Mon-Fri cover
    polaris68 wrote: »
    They have dedicated servers for the iplayer, Netflix etc. You need to scroll right down to the bottom - did you select this server?

Yep, this and the 2 others that are listed at the top - no joy
    timple23 wrote: »
    Iplayer working, only purchased this this morning.

For chrome;

1. Enable extension to work in incognito.
    2. In chrome set vpn to UK.
    3. Open incognito window, vpn should be running.
    4. Google in incognito "where am I", if answer is England iplayer will work.

I am not a tech wiz so if this doesn't I don't know why, I was unable to get it to work in a normal chrome window.

Support suggested changing the app settings to use UDP/TCP in the Protocol settings and then going via Incognito. No joy.

I'm using their DEsktop app (6.3 I think) rather than a browser plugin though.. Wil try that

Scottie99 wrote: »
    It works perfectly at the moment

OK cool. It must be something at my end then. Cheers. Will try my laptop as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I used in Spain too and worked perfectly for ITV hub

Yep they've already cfome back to be fair. Impressive for a Sunday if they officially only offer Mon-Fri cover

Yep, this and the 2 others that are listed at the top - no joy

Support suggested changing the app settings to use UDP/TCP in the Protocol settings and then going via Incognito. No joy.

I'm using their DEsktop app (6.3 I think) rather than a browser plugin though.. Wil try that

OK cool. It must be something at my end then. Cheers. Will try my laptop as well.

I just checked & i Player is working. I usually select UK South as my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Basil3 wrote: »
    From memory, I think I had the app on my phone from Google Play, then used Apps2Fire to send it to my Firestick.

Its on their website, no need for sideloading. Doesn't work on 1st gen tho.

Got it sorted..

The key is NOT to use the Desktop app on their site, but the Chrome extension instead

Once done, log in and as timple23 said above, allow the extension via incognito and play from there (it will NOT work in a normal window)

BBC and ITV both working now. I'll mail their support back and let them know too.

Cheers all :)

Got it sorted..

The key is NOT to use the Desktop app on their site, but the Chrome extension instead

Once done, log in and as timple23 said above, allow the extension via incognito and play from there (it will NOT work in a normal window)

BBC and ITV both working now. I'll mail their support back and let them know too.

That worked for me on my Mac also, fair play.

Got it sorted..

I am using the desktop app with no problems.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    I am using the desktop app with no problems.

Windows store app or the old style installer?

Advertisement