Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Vs Bath 15th Dec 17:30 BT Sport 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The crowd seems small with the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

James Ryan is the best in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Clegg wrote: »
    James Ryan is the best in the world.

Sshhh, Toulon might be listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

What has happened to Furlong?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

padraig.od wrote: »

Just giving him a rest I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

padraig.od wrote: »

Just replaced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jhenno78

Is it just me or did they cut off O'Driscoll as he started talking about brexit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

jhenno78 wrote: »
    Is it just me or did they cut off O'Driscoll as he started talking about brexit?

No, he just realised he wasn't going to be funny

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Think Dallaglio went to choke him like Homer does Bart.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Dems politics. We dun like dat round hurr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

All that from porters scrum penalty.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Dems politics. We dun like dat round hurr.

English don't like the Irish laughing at them :P:P:P:P:P

Have to say lads, Bath's forwards have gotten the better in the tight exchanges quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

James Lowe is a genius.

James Lowe is a genius.

I dont like the mo on Lowe ;)

Have to say lads, Bath's forwards have gotten the better in the tight exchanges quite a bit.

Bath have a big pack and they are playing ultra physical rugby.

They are playing that way, because that's the only way they can play - and Leinster are running rings around them.

Delighted for O'Loughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

How did that arise as a topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

ClanofLams wrote: »

Thought I heard a comment about his voice double, so unless Leo Varadkar is/was in the crowd and was shown on screen or something? That led into the observation of people being confused by "BOD" talking about Brexit (they do sound more than slightly similar, after all), and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

ClanofLams wrote: »

Leo Varadkar came on the screen and he said "he's my voice double, everyone gets confused when they hear me talking about brexit on the radio." Then he paused very awkwardly and said "but I dont think theres anyone whos not confused about brexi..." and he trailed off. And he stumbled over it. It was absolutely wonderfully cringeworthy stuff, Jesse Armstrong couldn't have written it.

• Advertisement

Bath have a big pack and they are playing ultra physical rugby.

They are playing that way, because that's the only way they can play - and Leinster are running rings around them.
    You're right, but that doesn't excuse Leinster's relatively poor work at the breakdown all the same.

You're right, but that doesn't excuse Leinster's relatively poor work at the breakdown all the same.

Yeah we somewhat came off second best but then again those 4 first half tries all came from quick, aggressive gainline ball and then just moving the ball through the hands. We were looking to clear the breakdown before there was a contest and with the accuracy of our carrying it worked very well. It did mean that if the initial tackler(s) were able to get any kind of a hand on the ball for a half second they had a chance of getting over and completing the steal.

It was the same tactic as last week, I think the two noticeable differences this week were our meters gained in the tackle and Bath's line speed wasn't quite what it was in the Rec. Just that inch either way and it's a very different game.

Leinster adapted more in the week to Bath than vice versa. Sexton was a lot more solid this week also and having not kicked wide at all last week he does it this week to great effect. Adam Byrne had a good game, to come from playing A-rugby earlier in the season to putting that performance in against Bath is a statement. He did have a hand in one of their try's, he was in a position to go low and stop the drive but he didn't impact the carry at much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Yeah we somewhat came off second best but then again those 4 first half tries all came from quick, aggressive gainline ball and then just moving the ball through the hands. We were looking to clear the breakdown before there was a contest and with the accuracy of our carrying it worked very well. It did mean that if the initial tackler(s) were able to get any kind of a hand on the ball for a half second they had a chance of getting over and completing the steal.

It was the same tactic as last week, I think the two noticeable differences this week were our meters gained in the tackle and Bath's line speed wasn't quite what it was in the Rec. Just that inch either way and it's a very different game.

Leinster adapted more in the week to Bath than vice versa. Sexton was a lot more solid this week also and having not kicked wide at all last week he does it this week to great effect. Adam Byrne had a good game, to come from playing A-rugby earlier in the season to putting that performance in against Bath is a statement. He did have a hand in one of their try's, he was in a position to go low and stop the drive but he didn't impact the carry at much at all.

Think Leinster were able to move further away from the breakdown with the better conditions in the first half which meant Bath weren't as effective. It gave Leinster much quicker ball to work with and an extra second or two

Last 20-25 was poor as Leinster went through motions and Bath just gave up. No obvious injuries either.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I thought Adam Byrne was excellent to be honest. Strong in the air and a nuisance throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The crowd seems small with the weather

I was there in the Upper south stand, Aviva was nearly full, great atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Think Leinster were able to move further away from the breakdown with the better conditions in the first half which meant Bath weren't as effective. It gave Leinster much quicker ball to work with and an extra second or two

Last 20-25 was poor as Leinster went through motions and Bath just gave up. No obvious injuries either.

The subs started very early as well and while it was a strong bench you just lose a bit of cohesion.

Leinster needed the BP and it was in the bag by half time. Decent going as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Faugheen wrote: »
    I thought Adam Byrne was excellent to be honest. Strong in the air and a nuisance throughout.

He is a big lad but looks a bit slow in all out speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Faugheen wrote: »

I was at the match so you miss a good bit but I thought all our backs were pretty good. Reid shouldn't ever start in front of ROL again and I really hope Byrne can deliver on the promise he was showing about 2 seasons back. Larmour was very good as well, he's just lethal in situations like the 2nd try. If he doesn't score himself he'll set someone else up instead.

I don't think the forwards are at the pitch they hit last year, think they've another gear they can hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

kravmaga wrote: »
    I was there in the Upper south stand, Aviva was nearly full, great atmosphere

Not even close to nearly full. Not even close to close to nearly full.

There were a ****load of empty seats.

Atmosphere was ... so so. Good at times, poor at others. Far from great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Attendance was just over 40,000 according to ECC website.

Advertisement