Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to send to brother in Australia from Ireland

• 03-12-2018 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,
    My sister and her family are going to Australia soon to visit my brother.
    I’m wracking my brains to think of something to send with her.
    Any ideas what a 40 year old Irish guy would want to receive in Australia from Ireland?
    Maybe something to remind him of home. A bucket of rain? 😂

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Box of cheese and onion Tayto. That's what I have to take anytime I go to my friend in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Box of cheese and onion Tayto. That's what I have to take anytime I go to my friend in the UK.

Yeah I’d agree, Tayto or King and Barry’s or Lyon’s tea ðŸ‘

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Forget Lyons, Barry ftw!G

unless of course he likes lyons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

When I lived abroad my mam used to bring the following when visiting

Tayto
    Teabags
    Batch Loaf
    White Pudding

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

gwalk wrote: »
    When I lived abroad my mam used to bring the following when visiting

Tayto
    Teabags
    Batch Loaf
    White Pudding

You won't get into oz with meat, bread after 24 hours off travel might not be great.

Tayto and teabags are readily available on Australia at this point well in the bigger cities anyway. If he has a sweet tooth, cadburys chocolate is completely different over there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Hi OP, as this isn't a personal issue, I'm moving it to the Gift & Party Ideas forum as your thread is better suited there.

All posters should note that the Gift & Party Ideas charter now applies.

Advertisement