Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gear used by police

• 11-11-2018 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

I came across a video of the gear a NZ cop wears and what a squad car is equipped with. I found it pretty interesting and thought some users of this forum might too. Also I wonder how different he gear is from AGS. The gun safe, loud wailer, left and right spotlights and speed detector I don't think would be on a standard Irish squad car? Maybe I'm wrong. Also the obvious difference that the officer holds is he's carrying a taser with him at all times.

https://youtu.be/Ote2eC-ZvMk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

justshane wrote: »
    I came across a video of the gear a NZ cop wears and what a squad car is equipped with. I found it pretty interesting and thought some users of this forum might too. Also I wonder how different he gear is from AGS. The gun safe, loud wailer, left and right spotlights and speed detector I don't think would be on a standard Irish squad car? Maybe I'm wrong. Also the obvious difference that the officer holds is he's carrying a taser with him at all times.

NZ would be armed and tazers.
    Cars here wouldn't even come close to equipment.

Side lights (spots) non existent here.

Loud wailer also non existent and any new stuff like BMW 530d, X5, Audi Q7, even transits have the sheitest sirens you will ever hear if you can actually hear them.

The light set up on unmarked vehicles is worse then poor and can't be seen.

I've complained and got a stock response stating it meets eu rules.

The sirens have been dumbed down quite considerably.

Some vehicles have detection equipment but not many and if you meet an i30 then don't worry the anpr doesn't fit in the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Like the kiwis the ozzys would be kitted out very similar.

Them Commodores for general police work are all V6s with at least 250bhp alone. The Highway patrol ones are all v8s with around 400bhp with upgraded brakes (brembos) and suspension. Likewise with the Falcons as well of whats left of them.

With the production of the falcons (altogether) and the Commondore ( now Insignias) stopped the NSW highway patrol out where i am in the outback float around in a brand new 530d M sport which looks really cool and while not petrol will probably still keep up with most stuff. They have also started using the Chrysler 300c V8s which I've yet to see.

The unmarked Landcruisers and other SUVs are interesting. As with most civilian jeeps you'd see they all usually have roof racks so what the police do here is integrate a very discreet led roof bar into them which when turned on light up like an xmas tree as well as other hidden lights.

Funny enough I think either Queensland or South Aus have unmarked i40s with lighting similar to traffic corp ones.

Advertisement